Harry Potter Freaks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SmokingIrishman
I was chatting in yahoo last night, as I sometimes do, and I came apon the Harry Potter role playing rooms, as sometimes happens.

Thing is, I'm a fan of the series and all, and the series has come across to me as a rather innocent fantasy story about the coming-og-age of a young man and his adventures therein. it's a story about kids, basically.

Now, anyway, in these rooms, (I've been there many times before), I've seen some pretty sick shit. Shit that pisses me off by simply seeing it.

I mean, as said, Harry Potter is pretty innocent in my opinion, and I've seen the memorable characters bastardized beyond repair.

For example, one person was playing Draco Malfoy, and had transformed him into a homosexual wanna-be Goth with multiple body piercings who hit on harry in the hallways.

Another: Innuendos of lesbian orgies with Teachers and Students. I mean, come the **** on people.

I can see that it's their right to write up fanfics and Rp however they want (America the mufugging beautiful...), but that is a bit much, in my opinion.

Then they get all insulted when I say something about it.

For a series that has no homosexual characters, there sure are alot of prepubesent wanna-be Goths whose daddies touched them wrong who seem to love it. At least in those rooms..Freaks.

I want your opinions.

frootlooplucy
i havnt read anything like that, but ive heard from others, and yeah, those stories sound... weird. do you think the ppl that write them have even READ the books? coz it sure dont sound like they have.

robincooper
lol! you get sum weird people in these chat rooms... i don't go in them much myself!

brookealicious6
Lmao...I think that those chat rooms are hilarious. And whats great about them is the people playing in them can change the characters to be whatever they want. Which is fanfiction! If you don't like it, that's your opinion but leave these people (that like fan fiction)alone to their opinion!

SmokingIrishman
Well in my opinion, their opinion, is nasty.

But, you are right, there is nothing I can do aside from not read their stories/ I just hate to see good work bastardized like that. I'm sure JKR would agree with me on this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.