The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
so what does everyone think of this highly innovative movie from 1974? of course as everyone knows, its my fav.

BackFire349
well since this is my fav, ill start the discussion. what do you guys think about the remake of this film? personally i dont think it needed to be made. they arent going to top the original, thats for sure.

Raz
Looks interesting, but I'm not entirely sure why they are remaking it.

Leatherface looks good:

http://images.killermovies.com/t/thetexaschainsawmassacre/gallery/texaschain_03.jpg

BackFire349
yes he does, although we'll see how the rest of his body looks. because the guy who's playing him is a professional body builder, so hopefully he wont look too buff. leatherface should be big and intimidating, but not ripped like arnold.

Tired Hiker
Movie's like the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre cannot be made anymore. Times have changed, filmstocks have changed, the age of that time made TCM what it was and what it still is. Though it will be remade, it cannot truely be remade. The flavor of the original cannot be matched. Impossible.

Evil Dead
I agree..........half of what made TCM good was the style.......the style cannot truly be duplicated now........they can re-tell the story but it won't have as great of an affect without the "dirty/gritty" look to the movie........

BackFire349
there was a little bit of magic in that movie.

Evil Dead
The trailer is tagged at the beginning of Freddy v/s Jason...........this looks to be a really good remake......they even tried to recapture the graininess to the film ...........looks to be a winner.........

BackFire349
totally disagree. not only is there no reason to remake perfection, but it is insulting to a degree. if they want to make money off of the name, just re-release the original in theaters so younger people who havnet yet expereienced the masterpiece that is TCM can get to on the big screen. we dont need another bad remake starring a bunch of big name 'hot' actors. anyone who thinks this is going to be a faithfull or respectful remake should hear what the producers said about the remake and its relation to the original....

"less gory and more psychological take on the cult 70's movies"

as gunner hanson said, have they even seen the original? this is the reason he declined the invitation to participate in the remake, he was insulted by what they said to him about the original. and i agree, it is disrespectful and completely ignorant. and i believe that the remake w/ill only serve one purpose, and that is to make us all apreciate the originals undeniable brilliance in premise, and execution even more then we already do. again, no need for the remake, no reason to bring shame, and insulting to it.

altronswinkee
I agree with backfire there is no need to remake a masterpeice. but i will so go and see it. cause i am stupid

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i also agree..dont we already have a thread about TCM remake?

badkittykitty
well we dont need one but they remade it any way,I think it does look pretty damned good,and since they did already make it i will go see it.

BackFire349
as will i, but theres no denying that a re-release woulda been much better.

DemonicGambit
I ain't quite sure if I like the idea yet, but its startin' to grow on me

slayer
the remake will be great! can u imagine how good the special effects will be?

BackFire349
special effects of what? its not a movie that needs good special effects.

Keith_Ollies
the first is a classic, and what special effects did that have? it was and still is a masterpiece because its so real!

I'm not gonna go and see it, I'll wait til it comes out to rent, wouldn't waste my time going the cinema

ragesRemorse
it looks to be a dry boring attempt to make money off of amovie that has grown into a cult classic, no doubt fans of the original will only be thinking about the original and what they diddnt include in this one the whole time they watch it

KidRock
I just watched texas chain saw massacre umm i think its called the next generation ( it had mathew mchgoney "sp?" in it) and i didnt find it scary at all. why was leatherface in a dress? also i found the part where matt is in the truck and he goes "get ready race fans!" and he pops the tape in and runs that kid down lol.

BackFire349
all the sequels suck, the original is the only one worth watching.

KidRock
oh because the TCM i saw sucked sad

BackFire349
see the original, it is far from sucking.

Striel
I think they should have just rereleased the original to the theater, but I am going to give the new one a chance.

Tex
It's been a long time since I saw TCM. I only remember certain parts vaguely.

I rented the 1998 Collectors DVD edition tonight.
What a terrific movie.
The directing is amazing. The tension and suspense is quite astonishing. Starting off when they pick up the hitchhiker you immediately get those creepy vibes, and you just want to yell at the screen for them to kick him out of the van.

And when the first show up to leatherface house and they guy goes in , you just know he's going to get it and then BAM leatherface pops out and smacks him with the sledgehammer.

Great suspense.

Oh god, and then when they bring that grandpa down for dinner, I thought for sure he was a dried up corpse 'till that old bastard starting sucking her blood! eek!

Really great!

I wonder what happend to that nice black man in the truck towards the end? They should've turned around and picked him up.
It also didn't make much sense that they got out of the truck in the first place, they should've hit the gas and high-tailed it outta there.

Yeah, I just hope that black guy managed to get away from leatherface.

Oh, when they first get to the gas station and that old crusty fiend tells them theres no gas and that they may have to spend the night he was gonna kill them anyway right?

I assumed that's what all those cars were hidden behind the military camouflage tent in their backyard.

Yeah, but all together it is a tereffic movie.
Living in Texas myself I know when you're way out in the country, far away from the interstates you see a bunch of those abandoned farmhouses! scared

Wolfie
I think the remake would have been better just being called TCM 5. It is completely different from the original and calling it a remake, we all compare it to the original and are disappointed by the remake.

papabeard
Yeah i agree, not excalty faithfull to the orginal

originally posted by tex
"Yeah, I just hope that black guy managed to get away from leatherface"

I think the black guy died.

Wolfie
What black guy? From TCM 3? If memory serves me correctly, yes he did die.

BackFire
No, the black guy from the original at the end, the truck driver who just kinda runs off.

Wolfie
Oh, I didn't remember what race he was. I was thinking of main characters from the movies, most of which were white.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by BackFire
No, the black guy from the original at the end, the truck driver who just kinda runs off.

Oh he's black? I thought he was hispanic.......but I'm probably wrong, I haven't seen that movie in a while. The original IS SOOO much better than the remake. I loved the ending of the original, when the girl is laughing, oh boy, that scared me!

deathbycorn
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon around here and most other forums regarding the TCM Remake. There was nothing wrong with the remake at all. At the start of the original TCM when they pick up the hitchhiker he cuts his hand... wow. In the remake you see a girl pull a gun out of herself and shoot herself in the head. I prefer the remake on some parts and the original on others. But to say the remake was crap is a joke, imo.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon around here and most other forums regarding the TCM Remake. There was nothing wrong with the remake at all. At the start of the original TCM when they pick up the hitchhiker he cuts his hand... wow. In the remake you see a girl pull a gun out of herself and shoot herself in the head. I prefer the remake on some parts and the original on others. But to say the remake was crap is a joke, imo.

Hmm, I don't really think my last comment said the remake was bad. It was good, but I just didnt feel as scared as I did when I watched the first. Some of the effects were pretty decent, and some of the things like when the girl grabs the gun outta her knickers, that made me wince! But I mean, the original, felt more scary. The sounds, the images, pretty much how the film just looks...old and dry, really scared me more. smile

Wolfie
Were you implying that the hitchhiker shooting herself was more powerful than the hitchhiker cutting himself? 'Cause I'd have to say quite the opposite.

deathbycorn
The fact that she hid the gun in her vagina and pulled it out of there owns someone cutting his hand smile

LepperFace15
i agree.

a lot of you shit on the remake.

it wasn't that bad of a movie, actually it wasnt at all

it kept me entertained.

but i totally agree they should have named it tmc 5 because it is somewhat like the original, but it doesnt remind u of the original.

just because the original is a "classic" doesnt mean it was good. yeah the feel was good, but the "remake" was a little bit more a run for my money.

give the "remake" a chance

LizzyT123
The fact that she hid the gun in her vagina and pulled it out of there owns someone cutting his hand smile

Well, the guy was entertained when he cut himself.......and the guy was waaay scarier lookin, and the girl wasn't happy that she was killin herself, or grabbin a gun out of the holliest of holy's!

Wolfie
Originally posted by LepperFace15
just because the original is a "classic" doesnt mean it was good. yeah the feel was good, but the "remake" was a little bit more a run for my money.
classic: Belonging to the highest rank or class. Having lasting significance or worth; enduring.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Wolfie
classic: Belonging to the highest rank or class. Having lasting significance or worth; enduring.

Exactly! If something is a classic, its great! geez, c'mon and read after you post an arguementive reply.

Wolfie
And as for the hitchhiker, the original was clearly the better actor. You could honestly believe the guy was insane. So the girl in the remake shot herself, lots of people shoot themselves in movies, it's nothing new. When the original hitchhiker cut Franklin, burned the picture, cut his palm, that was something.

By the way, I enjoyed the remake, it wasn't bad. The original is far better though.

deathbycorn
Yeah the original is better but I'm not talking so much about her shooting herself rather than her pulling a gun covered with blood out of her blood covered crotch area. That is disturbing cinema.

LizzyT123
Yeah the original is better but I'm not talking so much about her shooting herself rather than her pulling a gun covered with blood out of her blood covered crotch area. That is disturbing cinema.

I do admit, hell yeah it was weird, but I mean, the guy cutting his hand had amusement in it.....And he ended up being in the family of crazies. The girl was hurt, cause they took her baby away.....I mean, that is sad, but the hole is open.....she just had a baby........I dunno, I still think the first is the scarier one.

deathbycorn
Each to their own.

Wolfie
I thought that scene would've been better if at the end, Jessica Biel did the same thing when she got picked up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.