Nightmare on Elmstreet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
discuss the great horror series which gave johnny depp a start and made robert englund, a friendly look older man, into a horror king. ive heard that the next nightmare probably wont have robert englund as freddy, what do you think about this?

Evil Dead
There will never be a Nightmare movie without Englund..........they just won't do it.............if Robert decides to hang up the hat and glove after this movie, it's all over with...............he did however say that although he is planning this as his last time playing Freddy, if the movie does well and the fans are still there he would consider coming back and making another film.

kruegerKid
I believe he is the king of horror. Not only is he scary, but he's funny in a morbid kind of way. Unlike most other "kings of horror" he actually talks, which I believe makes the movie more interesting. I've been obsessed with NOES since I was like 5. I own all the movies and watch most of them constantly, with the exception of NOES 2 and 5. I'm glad after about ten years they finally made Freddy Vs. Jason, it is about time for a comeback.

Also Backfire I agree with Evil Dead. Robert Englund stated way back that he didn't want to play Freddy any longer because he was starting to pick up some characteristics of him, but when the chance arose once again he took the role because without Robert, there is no Freddy. If he refuses any future roles as Freddy, thats it for NOES, New Line would be stupid to let anyone else play Krueger.

TedO
But of course they WOULD let somebody else play him, simply because it's all in the pursue of the buck. Simply put, though, I would not go see a NOES movie without Englund.

Evil Dead
I liked Krueger better in NOES 1 and 2 when he didn't talk.......he was scarier.............I remember watching NOES 1 when it first hit video when I was 6 years old........it scared the shit out of me..........by the time NOES 3 came along, I actually went to the theatre to see it with my older sisters.......it didn't scare me.........creeped me a little......but didn't scare me............they had Freddy too well lit.......alot of the mystery was gone...........it didn't even scare me as a 10 year old child watching it on the big screen.........I believe Wes Craven took all this into considration when writing New Nightmare...........he wanted to make it scarier again.......darker.......he also mentions this in the movie when they are talking about how "watered down" the character has become......

kruegerKid
Thats what Wes thought the general audience was thinking which was probally true, but us committed Freddy fans would never believe he was watered down. Oh and by the way dont compare the other NOES' to NOES 2 because Wes didn't even write or direct it, matter of fact he stated that he wanted nothing to do with NOES 2.

Also he was a little darker in the first one not just because he talked a little less it was because he was a new face to us. In the movies to follow he was still scary its just that we began to see how he acted and thought, this helped us to sometimes predict what was to happen.

In my opinion it was a good thing he started talking more, as I stated in an earlier post, he still managed to creep you out by being funny in a morbid way. The speech made the movie more interesting, if he didnt talk it would be like watching another Jason or Micheal Myers movie, Wes tried to be original with the character.

Evil Dead
Read my reply in the Freddy v/s Jason other possible crossovers thread...........it applies here too........

BackFire349
i saw these movies when i was young and they never bothered me. i thought they were cheesy and funny. however the first one does contain a great scene, the scene when the blond girl is being killed in her sleep and being dragged up the walls and on the ceiling. brilliant. but for some reason i never thought freddy was scary. he was to playful and likeable to me.

Evil Dead
If you watched the original Nightmare on Elm Street and thought Freddy Krueger was playfull and likeable, you my friend are one warped human being...........................I hope for the world's sake that you are talking about parts 3-6 when you talk about Freddy being playfull in "those movies"..................

BackFire349
well i guess im warped, cuz im talking about the first one. wasnt scared one bit.

Evil Dead
You didn't say "wasn't scared"...........you said that you thought Freddy was playfull and likeable in the first movie..............which is just insane........okay, you weren't scared.....alot of people weren't, it's just a movie..........but to say Freddy was likeable and playfull? Which part gave you this impression? When he was thrashing Tina all over her mother's bedroom then killed her while Rod watched........or when he sucked Glenn down into his bed and sprayed blood everywhere?

BackFire349
he was. he was funny. that scene with the blood squirting out of the bed is hilarious. no human has that much blood in them.

kruegerKid
I'm a big NOES fan and I agree with Backfire. I mean no disrespect by it however. I agree with Evil in some sense. Krueger became MORE "playful and likeable in the later movies TRUE, BUT... he was still that way from the beginning. Being playful and likeable doesn't make it a bad movie though so I don't understand what the problem is. Some people say he isn't scary because of this, I think it makes him scarier because it shows just how twisted he is, that is, he makes a game out of everything even people's deaths.
The sad thing is other that horror characters are not playful or likeable and they're still not scary, thats sad. That shows how much better Freddy is then them (Them refers to Jason, Mike Myers and similar types).

TedO
He was a llittle playful in the first movies, just not verbally. If he wasn't playful, he would have just slashed somebody instead of making them suffer, enjoying it. Like, he would have just dug his claws through the boyfriend on teh bed instead of yanking him in. And he would have just outright killed the friend instead of dragging her around on the walls/ceiling.

In the sequels, he just made it verbal.

kruegerKid
Exactly Tedo, I guess only us NOES fans get it.

TedO
Yeah, I guess comon sense only runs in us stick out tongue

Just kiddin, all, just kiddin.

BackFire349
i never meant it as a insult to freddy. he's still great. like you've all said many times, his whole draw is that he has a great personality while he's commiting these horrible acts.

kruegerKid
Ok BF, we're just making sure eeveryone gets what were saying because we explain something about him, then someone comes in here questioning what we just explained, so you have to undersatnd where we are coming from.

Killer
Freddy movies are great.. but they just arn't scarey to me.. even if i watch em right b4 i go to bed, in the dark, alone.. just doesn't do it for me..

DemonicGambit
I love the NOES movies, I remember the first time I watched the 1st NOES, it freaked me out (I was 6). But afterwards I started liking them, they were cool. An' there is no way I would want someone new to play Freddy.

ragesRemorse
does nightmare on elm street scare anyone? i mean the only one ive heard of that scared people was the first, i could be wrong. i do agree with you evil dead i did like the second almost above all, however i loved dream master where the girl gets the energy from the souls of her fallen friends i thought that was great, the only freddy movie i diddnt like was wes cravens new nightmare, i liked how craven tried to be original in that one and the scen were ol krueger asks the kid if hes ever played skin the cat was beautifull, i just thought he could have done alot better for the fans, i mean saying all the other movies never happend what crap was that, You guys were talkin about englund not playing freddy anymore even though he said that if FvJ does well he'll play the next and the one after that, i mean what else is he gonna do be a bit actor like he is when hes not playing freddy, eigther way if he did quit i bet they would still use his facial features as freddy because he is krueger, like reeves in superman and william shatner is mike myers

h0ck3yh0rr0r
not scary but its a movie you can enjoy to watch. smile its fun

Socrates
NOE scared the shiet out of me as a kid. I lived in ohio, and up north our schools were huge like in the movie, I would have nightmares of being in our big school and him draggin her body down the hallway. I would have nightmares of being trapped in a warehouse near the boilerroom with him chasing me. After all that I fell in love with the noe series, b/c it was able to get to me. Did I ever have a nightmare about jason hell no.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i had terrible nightmares of the leprechaun when i was like 5. Does nightmares were soo damn scary...the scariest one was he was chasing me in this huge house and i end up in this closet. It all dark. Then someone opens the door looks at me smiles and closes the door of the closet. Five seconds later someone from behind grabs my mouth pulls out a lighter and just looks at me....the leprechaun was the only thing i was scared of when i was 5....never forget those dreams...

el_barto
i barely read what u guys said but when i saw th nightmare on elm street (i was 5 bye the way) i was afraid of the dark for two years and i didnt even see th whole thing and i saw a little bit of pumpkin head 3 so u can imagine the efect it had on my likeing of horror movies and watter beds laughing out loud

el_barto
cya

slayer
pumpkinheads not scary i saw it when i was 5 and now i own it on dvd

BackFire349
i didnt like pumpkinhead too much.

Wendigo
Originally posted by BackFire
i didnt like pumpkinhead too much.

No,pumpkinhead was crap.(Ive only seen the second)I just wanted to say im A massive freddy fan,but noes 2 and new nightmare sucked.I thought the start of number 2 was okay with the bus and that.but thats it sad

Adam_PoE
A Nightmare On Elm Street and A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors are the best films in the series.

Wendigo
I think 4 Dream master is the best

Azrael01
The first one was the best and the only scary one the rest of them were good though but not scary. Freddy was funny and dark in those but he didn't real scare me. I liked how dark he was in New Nightmare but it is not as good.

bbga54
Nightmare on elm street will nevfer ever be the same with out Robert. He will always be freddy in my dreams. I heard that their coming out with a nightmare on elmstreet tv series. i wonder if its true?

MildPossession
ISn't there already a tv series? or was that just a series on video?

Azrael01
they already had a tv series I am still trying to get them on tape they also had a computer game which sucked

b-dan
it is a good serice i made post like htis on my other file i think it was if they should make another one but if it wasnt for nightmare on elm i would not have dreams of me murdiring ppl

n_ocent_amber
they were all scary to someone!! i dont know why directors dont include the same people when they do a sequel....i know the actors either cant or wont....but why make the movie if they arent going to be in the sequel. like as in...triple x....even tho hes not the best actor....i still think vin diesel shoudl have been in the second one...but he was busy making other movies....if thats the case they should wait. just like freddy....if they cant have him in the next....i dont think they should make another without him,....it jsut wont be the same!!

BaronOBeefDip
I thought the first ANOES was great. For some odd reason, I find watching a guy get sucked into a bed to be hilarious.

Wendigo
Originally posted by MildPossession
ISn't there already a tv series? or was that just a series on video?

There's a series called Freddy's Nightmares but it only has freddy has like a sort of host.

Deano
all the nightmare films are good fun to watch
i dont understand why people moan so much about them
just enjoy em..dont take them too seriously and knit pick all the time

Evil Dead
Freddy's Nightmares was an Anthology show.............hosted by Freddy Krueger. I watched it when it originally aired.......and saw a couple videos of it at BlockBuster a few years back.

There were, however, a few episodes that did infact star Freddy Krueger............delving into the the mythology of A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Wendigo
There was an Episode that was actually like A prequel

bbga54
Nightmare on elm street is ****ing awesome bitches and hoes. lol j/k

ladygrim
Never seen neof these movies

bbga54
Yeah dude i know. I hate it when people also talk during a movie when they'll be screaming DONT GO IN THERE or something like that. it pisses me off

Discos
ah my man freddy, I have met mr englund and it was a day i will never forget. Got my shoe signed and everything, even gave the dude a bow.

#3 has to be my favourite! Dream warriors was a nice change to the horror genre with an actual group joining up in dreams to defeat freddy.

Kinkade rules.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.