Zombies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
Discuss all the greats. Night of the living dead, dawn of the dead, day of the dead, return of the living dead, and any other zombie movie you can think of... ah zombies, the blue collar monsters. gotta love em.

Tired Hiker
Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness. I love Sam Raimi's style and use of too much blood. Sam takes things to the most ridiculous levels and extremes but pulls it off like no other director. When Ash falls into that pit where that She Zombie attacks him, and then that guy throws him his chainsaw! I love it every time. I do need to see more zombie flicks though.

BackFire349
yeah, you can never have too much blood. another great scene is...i believe its evil dead 2.... where his old gf turns into a beast and attacks him and he takes the chainsaw to her forhead and splatters her goop all over the walls.

Tired Hiker
Oh God I love blood.

BackFire349
you should defintately see more zombie movies then. they are always bloody as hell.

TedO
More of a question here, but people who know there stuff will see it...

I'm going to rent a movie tonight... in about an hour to two... and want to see a good Zombie movie... what do you suggest (something a little non-mainstream as far as they go)

BackFire349
well, i would suggest return of th eliving dead, or dead alive. if theyr have those. i dunno what store you are going to. or if you havent seen them, dawn of th edead or day of th edead.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
zombie movies are the best. same with cannibal movies. lol this is a very old thread. smile

SaTsuJiN
I like any zombie movie where they can run full speed and are aggressive *whips the bannana* Happy Dance

My fave scene is in day of the dead where they rip his head off and his voice gets higher and higher til it snaps off lol. I was like "that was possibly the best zombie kill I've ever seen :O"

slayer
Zombiee movies rock! My personal faves r Night of The living Dead and 28 days later!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Return of the Living Dead was good also.

Dagons Blade
You guys want a zombie film that REALLY has some great FX and a reputation for gore? The 1980 Italian flick Zombie. Made by the now deceased Godfather Of Gore, Lucio Fulci-this film has one scene that noone has ever stopped talking about, that involves an eyeball and a splintered piece of wood-as well as the absolutely hideous aftermath of the poor woman's fate...Zombie was in response to Romero's worldwide success of Dawn Of The Dead, and began a short but memorable bandwagon movement that saw many ripoffs and cash cow films trying to do the same thing. But Zombie stands out among all of them, and one look at it and you'll see why. Go out and get this movie, but be warned that it's NC-17 and you probably have to be 18 to see it. I saw it back in the theatres in the early 80's and that was the standard rule for NC-17 films.

Striel
Night of the Living Dead is the only zombie movie that I am really fond of.

Dagons Blade
Night Of The Living Dead was my first real induction into horror-I was 8 in 1971 and I was taken to a drive in-my cousin had to watch me for the night because my mom and dad went out, and so I was a tag along for him and he called his girlfriend up, and she called a few of her girl friends, and they threw me in the back seat on a warm summer night and off we went...the fact that there were poeple all around us lessened the impact of the film for me, but it was when I was alone at night or there was darkness that I used to freak out. Not to mention the nightmares I had sometimes.

It didn't help that his girlfriend's friends were screaming in my ears either in the back seat or that one of them was smoking and making me choke....but hey...I saw a classic a few years after it's original run, and am honored to say that I was aroud to see the bare beginnings of the film that started it all. Great job Mr. Romero! cool

Dagons Blade
I always saw the film as many different things...one of them being a play on the Cold War and the fear of invasion in our own back yards, with no way to tell who was the enemy-you could wipe out one, but what about the many more that were going to replace that one? At best, the film is also a play on the way that society crumbled overnight at that time, with the dead as the flower children of a new religion (much in the same way hippies were feared in the 60's as the new generation took over.)
Look at Harry Cooper,the racist homphobe who was trying to keep his daughter away from anything and everything HE saw as a threat, not knowing that all the while he bickered and argued, his daughter was slowly becoming what he had feared...and her eating her father and killing her mother is sort of a way of her rebelling against them to join the new order, the ones that would become her new family among the dead.

I have heard MANY different interpretations of this classic, and each one has its own meaning, and mine is just one of many. I never thought a film would make anyone think so deeply about things and still be so entertaining. A truly one off deal if there ever was one.

slayer
Yeah Night Of The Living Dead is awesome i only saw it recently but i like the remake a little better but it's 1 of the best horror movies out there if u haven't seen it-WATCH IT.

legolas-23
anyone see 28 days later???????? kick ass movie! thumb up

h0ck3yh0rr0r
no whats 28 days later. sounds interesting *sarcasm*

xblanex
www.monroevillemall.com this is where they shot dawn of the dead. I emailed them, they give dawn of the dead tours every first friday of each month. Im taking a road trip there next summer, Its gonna be great.

Dagons Blade
I went there in 1993, when they had the 25th anniversary of Night Of The Living Dead convention. Me and my girl at the time spent 3 days in the Radisson hotel across from the Zombie Mall as they call it there. I met every surviving member of the NOTLD cast, (save for Duane Jones, who sadly passed away 2 weeks before the show started) AND I have their autographs.
Other people who were there were Adam West, Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster!) Linnea Quigley, David Prowse, Tom Savini, Greg Nicotero, and the Mr. MaGruder zombie from the 1990 remake of NOTLD, and Kane Hodder, to name a FEW....a good funshow, but the mall rent a cops were yelling at people who were snapping random pics inside the mall like I was, until they realized they were in the public limelight for the anniversary and all it was connected to.

Another great thing was the tour we took of the Evans City cemetery where they filmed the first movie, and being the hams they are, Russ Streiner and Bill Hinzman re-enacted their fight scene while everyone applauded, and there was a re-premeir of NOTLD at the cinema located in the Zombie Mall complex. Great show with a load pf memories!

xblanex
But is it worth going to now?

chico23
Hey at this moment I'm watching a british movie from the mid 80's called "Lifeforce" kind of a Zombie/Vampire/Alien movie on Encore Action. Anyone else seen it? Seems pretty good so far...not too bad it has a naked chick walking around alot either. Really crappy, campy rip-off, but in a good way hehe.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0089489/

BackFire
Directed by Tobe Hooper, the genius behind TCM smile

chico23
So you seen it BF?

BackFire
No, I have heard of it though.

Sounds interesting.

chico23
Dang, that was pretty good, I mean its not the greatest or anything but still alot of fun. I love it when you can stumble on little gems like that.

BackFire
Yep, that's the beauty of the horror genre. So many undiscovered gems just waiting to be found.

slayer
I'm gonna find a few more when i go 2 blockbuster.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.