Evil Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
discuss the comedy/horror legends. would bruce campbell come back if they made a 4th?

Tired Hiker
Dude, your threads are money. I love Bruce Campbell and I'd bet he'd do it again if not for Sam, then for the Fans because Bruce is a cool guy. My buddy Tyler met Campbell in Oregon when he was doing a book signing. He said Bruce was one of the most approachable laid back guys he ever met, whose well known anyway. I live to see a part 4, I hope they make it. Sam ain't meant for Spider-man, he should stick to the dead.

BackFire349
yeah, i dont think it would be the same without bruce. he's the best at having funny lines while having an extremely intense look on his face.

TedO
Bruce Campbell has a way of making the most extreme facial expressions where everybody else would be afraid.... like the skeleton hands scene in army Of Darkness... classic

Tired Hiker
Yess, the skeleton hands scene, what a riot. Genius, pure genius.

Evil Dead
#1. as you can tell by my name..........I'm a bit of a fan

#2. Yes, I think if the story was good, Bruce would be back for a fourth..........he has done so much work on Hail to the King and Fistfull of Boomstick that it appears as though he doesn't mind playing Ash a bit.......

#3. If they ever do a fourth........I'll track Sam and Bruce down and shoot them in the kneecaps if it is anything like Army of Darkness........don't get me wrong, I love AOD........just shouldn't have tagged a comedy at the end of a horror series.......it also strayed alot from the Evil Dead movies......

#4. I doubt Mr. bigtime Sam Raimi would ever be interested in doing another installment...........he has hit the big time with Spider Man, I don't see him going back to doing low budget horror movies like Evil Dead and Darkman ever again........It is even less likely that Bruce would ever come back to the role if Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert weren't involved........

turdmuppet
Great trilogy of movies, comedy and horror balanced perfectly in dead by dawn.

BackFire349
i loved 2 and 3. sure they werent as scary or suspenseful as the first, but they were just as entertaining, if not more so.

Evil Dead
I loved part 2 also.........great balance........comedy/horror.........the horror made the comedy seem a bit psychotic........great stuff.............AOD however they just went full out slapstick comedy (I'm sorry....SPLATstick) and left all the horror out..........great movie on it's own but I don't think it fits in the series..........definetly shouldn't have ended the series.

mechmoggy
EV1 is by far my fave of the three, its brilliant.

Has anyone ever watched the DVD with the director talking over it? I rarely do that except when I really like a film, which I do with Evil Dead. cool

BackFire349
i only have it on vhs.

Geldorn
I think that the commentary on Evil Dead II is one of the best around. You can tell that they're good friends, for once I find a film rewatchable even with commentary.

The movies themselves remain great, even after all these years. I can only hope that they make Evil Dead IV, however I think it would no longer have the same feeling about it. Especially now that Sam Raimy is used to the high tech possibilities of movie.

BackFire349
yeah

ThuggnBLUE
Speaking of Bruce, have you guys seen the trailer for bubba ho-tep?

badkittykitty
no havent seen it.I miss bruce

ragesRemorse
If they were thinkin about makin a fourth they should just forget about it if bruce wouldnt do it, unless they brought the horror tone down even more and gave it to adam corrola hes the only other person i could picture saying "this is my boomstick" but still bruce is evil dead shoudnt be made without him, the best scene frm the series though aside from ash's one liners and the phrase from the day the earth stood still in army of darkness i cant remember klotu somthin or another but the best scene is when the girl is getting f*ucked by the tree it was just so out of place from the movie and then BANG there it was lol great

wicker_man
I heard a while back that Sam Rami was not up to creating an Evil Dead 4, and the closes we'd get to it was The Evil Dead:Hail To The King Video game, this seems to be more and more the case as Sam Rami continues to work on the Spiderman franchise. I to would love to see a fourth instalment particuarly after how the third one ended.

pablo007
Sam Raimi better do an Evil Dead 4 or I will hunt him down and kill him hahahahaha.......... seriously mad . And it's good to see Bruce back in a lead role in Bubba Ho-tep, that movie seems funny and entertaining. And I like that type of movie, I really enjoyed Army of Darkness but It bothered me that the Evil Dead turned into a comedy. So if Evil Dead 4 came out I would really like to see it scarier, a balance between horror and comedy like in part 2 doesn't bother me, but when it's 80% comedy 10% action and 10% horror in an Evil Dead movie it does. So please make an Evil Dead 4 with Bruce Campbell, doesn't matter if Sam Raimi doesn't direct. T3 was good with just Arnold so I bet Bruce can take the role on it's own.

DeNiro
ok just saw this moive the other night it was funny as hell and it was a good slap stick kinda of horror cause the gore was kinda fake but at the same time groosed the hell out of u i like the part when the trees aviolated that one chick funny as hell i really liked the moive thought that it was great and i am going to watch the second one tonighte ne input on this moive

grymlock
anyway it's a classic horror movie... for me the 1st is much better then the 2nd a usual... evil dead is a must for horror fan... cheers!!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
dunno i kinda enjoyed watching evil dead 2 then 1. both were good but i liked 2nd better.

BackFire349
1st one's really scary, 2nd is really funny.

grymlock
yup, as i said before... anyway what do you think if they remake the 1st evil dead bf?? coz as you can see alot of old school horror movie are in progress of remake... cheers!!

BackFire349
they already remade it, its called evil dead 2

Leftomaniac
Heheh... classic.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i like your sig leftomaniac.

Leftomaniac
Thanks. Yours has some great quotes.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
thx i like quotes by hannibal lecter smile

Leftomaniac
Yeah. He's one of my favorites too^_^

h0ck3yh0rr0r
smile

DeNiro
i really didnt find it scary at all like one part made me jump but other then that it was just a greeat horror moive with lots of crazy gore and cool as make up

pablo007
It's my favorite horror movie ever.

pablo007
... along with it's sequels

pablo007
or sequel cuz Evil Dead 2 seems more of a remake than a sequel

grymlock
emmm i still can't get it, evil dead 2 is a sequal and how come you guy's call it a remake of the 1st?? do explain... cheers!!

Striel
Evil Dead is a great movie... I need to buy it sometime.

pablo007
Well it's a sequel basically but it re-creates a larg part of the 1st one. So that's why many people say it's a remake, I say it's half re-make and half sequel.

Evil Dead
Clarification on the Evil Dead 2 Sequel/Remake issue:

Both are correct........

Evil Dead 2 was produced by a different studio than the first. It had such a low budget that they could not afford to buy the rights to the first movie. Therefore the 5 minute recap at the beginning of the movie (of part 1 ofcourse) had to be completely reshot. As I said, the budget was very low. To save money......they changed it up a bit, they shot it as only Ash and his girlfriend coming up to the cabin because those are the only two characters who have any impact on the Evil Dead 2 story.............

As I said.......this is only the first 5 minutes of the movie. At the end of Evil Dead, Ash is being chased by the "Evil Dead"............5 minutes into Evil Dead 2 Ash is hit by the unseen force and slung into the air landing into a mud puddle. This is where the sequel picks up..........Ash arises from the puddle and has been overcome by the "Evil Dead".......

They simply reshot 5 minutes of footage and showed it as the overview of Evil Dead 1 to bring the audience up to speed...........then proceeded to expand the story as a sequel.

The exact same circumstances surround Army of Darkness (Evil Dead 3).

Made by a different company...........didn't use the last scene from Evil Dead 2 where Ash shoots the flying deadite with his boom stick and all the primitives start bowing to him. Instead........they reshot him landing in the past and told the story differently (just like they did at the beginning of Evil Dead 2).........Ash now lands and is captured right away. He shoots no flying deadite, no primitives bow to him........

DeNiro
i luved the seconed one i just saw it what a kick ass moive way better then the first one and it was a remake for a lil bit but then changed into a whole nother moive but it was ****in kick ass i luved it chainsaw do i have to say ne more

BackFire349
the first one is really suspensful and creepy.

grymlock
still love the 1st one... creep you out!! heheheh cheers!!

grymlock
and of coz thanks for the info.... cheers!!

DeNiro
the first one i wasnt sure what to expect cause i never knew what the moive was about or what kind of killers or what have u were going to be in the moive but when that girl was saying the lines about the cards and then she turned around and shit iw as like holy fu*ck what is that lol but ne way the seocnd one was just more intertaing and les annoniyn cause the first one had that girl laughing for ever and it was poissing me off at leasst the scene in the second one when the books and deer head and shit were laughin now that was funy

Impediment
Bruce Campbell said that even though it most likely will never happen because Sam Raimi is too busy hauling around wheelbarrows of money, he'd probably do another Evil Dead flick. My favorite scene in ED2 is when Ash starts to have his little psychotic "episode" and the furniture and that damn deer head are laughing hysterically. Classic. And for all of my fellow "metal heads" out there, I was especially pleased when the band "Strapping Young Lad" paid homage to the Evil Dead series when shooting the video for their song "Love?".

Impediment
I'm also fond of the "eyeball" scene in ED2, when Ash jumps onto the cellar hatch door, squeezing the eyeball out of Henrietta, and it shoots across the room in to that girl's mouth. I laughed my ass off first time I saw it. I want to say I was around 10 years old at the time.

tpaquin
Evil Dead II reigns supreme in my mind as one of the best horror comedies of all time. There's nothing that I've ever seen that can equal your hand becoming posessed, and you lobbing it off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.