Hulk Sucked

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

THE CRITIC
THE HULK WAS A ALOT OF HYPE .....IT WAS HORRIBLE MADE NO SENSE AND SUCKY EFFECTS

green33
it was terrible, they could of made that one of the best films, but they just ruined it completely

Stovenutts
yea it wasnt very good.

gabimr2

CoCooN
IS THE HULK ROMANTIC STUPID FUNNY MOVIE? I THINK ARNIE WOULD LOOK MUCK BETTER PAINTED IN GREEN COLOR!!!

Evil-X
The Hulk was okay, but it was hyped up too much, I was mad ass Hell because not only did I pay for my tickets, I payed for my kids as well.

gabimr2
hahahahaha lollololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
! laughing out loud

Evil-X
^^^ I'm cuter than Neo

gabimr2

Evil-X
That is what all the groupies say.

gabimr2

Evil-X
^^^Born in 89 huh? No wonder, I thought you were a woman.
....kids eek!

ragesRemorse
the effects werent that bad, there pretty much the best of the best of effects i mean how else would you propose to make the hulk? a human actor is just out of the question in an age where bigger and better is better than substance which this movie lacked , the whole movie just felt empty and even though it was a long two hours of crap it felt rushed

Zero
The story did make sense. The CGI was fine. First of all, if you had payed any attention to the movie, instead of humping the movie theater chair all day, the story would make more sense to you. The CGI was fine. It wasnt pixellated. Nothing was wrong with it. You apparently dont know what Hulk looks like. So stop whining your ass off, and pay attention to the movie the next time you see it ****er.

Evil-X
Damn dude is going hard^^^

ragesRemorse
No the story wasnt even mediocre it was forgivable at best , nothing original or thought provoking just look at the pretty colors. The story took about five minutes to grasp and after those very short five minutes you could predict everything else that would happen. There wasnt anything for the comic fans i mean Dude he faught Dogs giant mutated Dogs ,Dogs who some how knew exactly where to find the Hulk and what he looked like, come on now, mutated giant f*uckin dogs yeah that shows you exactly how original this trevesty was. And then it ended with un climatic hic-cup... This movie was obviously for the lower end of the gene pool. If you like to use your brain stay away from this, but if you like flashy colors big sounds get yourself some popcorn and enjoy

timmy manhole
The story was easy to follow but it was a really bad film. The ending...was too confusing especially as it attracted more kids than adults

mknight666
They wasted to much time doing things in the movie that had nothing to do with the comic book...

ragesRemorse
yeah ang wanted to bring a more artistic gritty look to it, which failed miserably

pablo007
The Hulk looked way better on the trailers because they showed the little action this movie has. And the actual movie tried to focus more on the romance of Banner and Ross and the drama in it. Hulk was even boring at times. But it's not really a bad movie, but from all the recent comic books turned to movies (X-Men, X2, Spider - Man, Daredevil etc...) The Hulk is the crappiest without being a bad movie as you say, it just tried to do something different.

69erSteiner
worst movie ever, may have even beaten out the justin and kelly movie

Hypernova
Am I the only person who has not seen this movie?

plenTpak52
The Hulk was ****ing awesome. The only people who don't like it are the same people who don't like Spiderman or DareDevil (speaking from my experience). The cinematography especially was great. The only reason people didn't like it was because they didn't understand it. And The effects kicked ass! what the hell are you guys talking about? Seriously, though, HE'S A GIANT GREEN MONSTER!! How real can you make him look?? The Hulk was awesome

movie_freak
The Hulk Sucked...even DareDevil was better

ragesRemorse
NO hulk was on the same level of suckness with daredevil

vvvrulz
The Hulk was awful. Not because of the cinematography, that i found quite impressive actually.
It was the fact that the hulk looked like a hunk of plastic, even the 70's hulk looked better. And the ending SUCKED. A case of "The Incredible Hulk vs The Water Man" (his dad). The ending really ruined the whole movie. Havent seen daredevil... Recommend?

lesner
hulk was the exatact same as spider -man ,superman and daredevil. they all started the same and ended the same. they all lived after what ever happened to them and they all were heros. mad

LeAtHerRFace
THE HULK sux period.

Grover
I remember Ebert&Roper (who I'm sure will suck now), saying how "the Hulk" works on many levels that it's core audience wouldn't appreciate. (a nice way of saying "pearls to swine"wink

Visually, the movie was astounding, the Hulk himself looked better than Gollem or Yoda.

The editing style was innovative, creating the atmosphere of a comic book.

The story is a little slow and 'measured' during the first act, but it works to actually build character. (something you can't do in a word-bubble)

Some of those scenes are a little too 'talky,' and the ending wanders just a bit, but overall, a supreme effort, and a superhero movie with real emotional interactions and human relationships. (as opposed to X2 which was just one eye-candy action sequence after another, apparently to appeal to the juevenile impulse-driven mindset). (btw, I used to collect X-men comic in the 80's)

As for the other posts here, few actual points were made; however

Why don't you fight a pitbull, and see who wins? Now fight 2 other dogs at the same time. My money's on the dogs.

The dogs had the scent from Betty's scarf. (you must've really paid attention)

I disagree. The editing, deep focus look and so on, along with the etensive character development, imply he was trying to make a "comic book with substance."

Perhaps the very last action sequence could've been handled better... And Nolte's dialogue trimmed.

Vim
I haven't seen daredevil, but i heard from a fellow comic book fan that it was okay. I liked hulk, and I'm a huge comic book fan, I probably have over 700 comic books, and most of everyone around had seen only the live action tv show, so most of their complaints were why is he so big? I was like well they tried to stay more true to the comic book, which i think they did. With all the psychoschematic stuff, which was pretty deep, if you think about it. I think the ending could have been better as well, it should've been an all out brawl for it all that would have been better than what they did! "The madder Hulk gets, the bigger Hulk gets, the bigger Hulk gets, THE STRONGER HULK GETS!!" MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neo2
i loved this movie.....basically because it actually got into the physics of the hulk.....during transformation, it showed his bones growing before his muscles and skin.....which is how it would happen.......not just stretching out like the incredible hulk tv show.....which i still like by the way......has anybody else got the fan favorites dvd set? its awesome

xboy
i hope they dun make a Hulk 2, but then again they could try and improve it...

kalantiaw
the hulk 2 has a huge potential for improvement. the characters are set for a sequel. there will be no need for character build up, that should speed things up. but i have to say that hulk 1 dragged. it was long winded and lacked the action the summer movie patrons prefer.

Jeff-Man
this movie sucked.whats with with all the diffrent pictures flying around on the screen? i guess they were trying to make it like the comics. it was also retarded how bruces dad went psycho at the end. i was very disapointed with this movie.

Napalm
Arnt you that little piece of crap from superherohype.com mad

MayhemSymbiote
The Dogs was tracking Betty by scent. Geeze didnt really watch it did yah. Bruce's dad stole her scarf when she visited his home, remember. Then he tricked Bruce into getting angry so he would change into the Hulk and be were betty was.

I dont know why, but all the ppl i meet who disliked the movie, just seemed to not have watched it. Its all in the details, you have to watch to see them.

The Mon1234567
all the other ones were crappy I want hulk ultimate destruction

Hulk Power
Originally posted by The Mon1234567
all the other ones were crappy I want hulk ultimate destruction

That game is going to be so bad ass. I can't wait until it comes out.

thezenbrawler
the movie wasnt all that bad, the people here are all jumping on thr hollywood critics bandwagons

cameron666
I watched it on DVD later, just to finish it, but i walked out of the theatre because i couldnt stand it.

dying 2 live
crapest movie i've seen...noe doubt about that!!
in the cinema we were just laughing our asses off...cz of how stupid it was

ethernet
choice phrase ,for next one let me go or i'll make you.SUCK!! ,did i spell something wrong

steverules
It could have been worse. Could have been like the Elektra movie.

roughrider
The Hulk comic has always been psychologically twisted, with the monsters and mutations, the psychosis of Banner and his multiple personalities that come out through the Hulk...all these people who bought tickets, thinking they were going to see a standard superhero actioner - I'm suprised. That is not what the comic is, at it's core. The film may have been too fancy with it's split screen effects, but they get props from me for dealing so much with the mind of Bruce, and how the Hulk is something that's unleased from him, rather than created.

grey fox
Originally posted by roughrider
The Hulk comic has always been psychologically twisted, with the monsters and mutations, the psychosis of Banner and his multiple personalities that come out through the Hulk...all these people who bought tickets, thinking they were going to see a standard superhero actioner - I'm suprised. That is not what the comic is, at it's core. The film may have been too fancy with it's split screen effects, but they get props from me for dealing so much with the mind of Bruce, and how the Hulk is something that's unleased from him, rather than created.

Co-signed .

Also , notice that most of the people who trashed the film are Noobs....

Scoobless
^ but he looked too fake

obviously he is a CGI character.... but in around the same period as Golum was around they should have been able to do a lot better

The only times he looked semi-realistic were in the much darker scenes

(The Hulk that is.... not Eric Bana ... stick out tongue )

Knightfall93
It's OK, and much clearer if you read the novelization, which I thought was a fantastic read. I actually enjoyed HUlk, though the gay ass split screen artsy camera sucked, but it was good... though what the hell kind of a bad guy was David Banner? And did anyone else just think it was lame when Glen blew up and went flying out of a comic? How much did that special effect cost? 2p? It was a decaent film with good ideas and a good plot. I suppose Absorbing Man was decent really... a good villain even. But EDaredevil rocked, whatever people say. I really loved that movie after seeing t today, except Bullseye was ridiculous

Jarshewa
i take a drink of beer every time bullseye wisks his coast like a cap.

Lucid Lui
I loved it. The way it was edited, the split screen stuff, the acting, the special effects, the fact that it had the perfect mix of story and action. For me it captured the Hulk almost as good as it can get on the silver screen.

Great movie.

Knightfall93
OK... was that a bad joke?

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by THE CRITIC
THE HULK WAS A ALOT OF HYPE .....IT WAS HORRIBLE MADE NO SENSE AND SUCKY EFFECTS

It sure was, that movie was horrible, the direction made me fall asleep, and I wasn't even tired... you can thank Ang Lee for that. When they make Movies for Marvel, or DC they should go with guys like Irvin Kershner who directed Star Wars "Empire Strikes Back", or Ridley Scott... he directed Gladiator... Instead they get dummies like the guy who directed Batman, and Robin.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I loved it. The way it was edited, the split screen stuff, the acting, the special effects, the fact that it had the perfect mix of story and action. For me it captured the Hulk almost as good as it can get on the silver screen.

Great movie.

If they were going to go with CGI they should have gone the whole way. 3D software is good but it's not good enough yet to mix it with live action. This is what killed the film for me, an many others. Perhaps in a few years when they can really fool the eye it will be a good idea, but as far as I'm concerned they should have stuck with the idea behind Final Fantasy "The Spirits Within"... another BS and poorly directed film. Great effects though.

Knightfall93
HMm... don't scorn Ang Lee as a director, he's a great actor with excellent variety. Crouching Tiger was brillaint...

FG725
Originally posted by steverules
It could have been worse. Could have been like the Elektra movie.
lol I didnt even bother to go see it after the whole Daredevil thing i mean cmon Kingpin is black? I mean seriously they could've done better then that. But Hulk in my opinion stunk I mean it was so lame he is fighting some giant dogs oh no please dont give me rabies sure for a human giant mutated dogs arent good but considering Hulk is in superman's league it was gay. They relied far too much on the CGI as well. I mean you wont even use a real frog WTF

Knightfall93
The CGI frog thing was retarded... as were the dogs

FG725
yes..yes they were

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Syndicate_Lord
HMm... don't scorn Ang Lee as a director, he's a great actor with excellent variety. Crouching Tiger was brillaint...

As far as Ang Lee is concerned, making a superhero movie like the Hulk is not his cup of tea, maybe he should stick with the martial arts movies, and leave the sci fi fantasy movies to people with great track records. I mean if he decided to direct Daredevil 2 (if there ever would be a part 2), or Ironfist I'm sure he'd do a great job.

Syndicate_Lord
I hope there'll be DD2 but I KNOW there won't be. ang Lee is not just martial arts. He has directed a very good film (according to reviews) called Ice Storm in '97...

Syndicate_Lord
apparently it's a bit like the world's most miserable film, namely "American Beauty"...

Questioneer
The Matrix is the worst series of movies ever made.

The worst trilogy of our time.

No offense to the Matrix fanboys.

Syndicate_Lord
I agreee but we are not discussing The Matrix, you n00b!

Juntai
I really did not like The Hulk movie.
My friend who saw it an IMAX theater, maintains it's one of the best comic-to-movies he's seen, but he's coincidentally loved every Marvel Movie and hated every DC movie since Tim Burton's first "Batman".

Superman_045
I thought that the Hulk movie was good but it could've been better. Hopefully the sequel will be an improvement.

supersayin4goku
ya i mean it was not a great movie good is ok to say

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Superman_045
I thought that the Hulk movie was good but it could've been better. Hopefully the sequel will be an improvement.

Sequel???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

supersayin4goku
what do u mean NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!?

Superman_045
It means that he doesn't want the sequel to happen.

Anyway, Avi Arad says that they are going to make the Hulk a little smaller for the sequel which I think is a good idea.

The_Olympian
I believe that the "HULK" movie was a GREAT movie... just a poor adaptation from the Comic book. What else would you expect from Ang Lee being the Director?

Superman_045
Actually, almost all of the directors at Marvel stray from the actual comic book interpretation.

The_Olympian
yay, they stray... but I didn't see Sam Raimi NOT kill Uncle Ben. I didn't see wolverine NOT in the picture.

In hulk, I see a very ALIVE father... not only that, but I see him turning into an ACTUAL BADGUY.. I don't think there could EVER be something that follows the comics less.. Save Doctor Doom being a robot (or whatever... god that pissed me off..)

Superman_045
You don't get what I'm saying so it's no use in breaking it down.

maham
Originally posted by THE CRITIC

no,it rocks

Dark Shazam93
Hulk was OK and Nick Nolte was the ultimate bad guy!

Rick/Genis
True Dat... Nick Nolte makes everything just a little better.... like a spice you're not allergic to smile

Superman_045
He was OKAY but not better than Ian McKellan's Magneto or Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.