Dragonball Z Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morph
Apparently, 20th Century Fox bought the rights to make a live-action Dragonball Z movie.Now, I think this movie is gonna be very, very good or very, very bad. No inbetween. And the people on the website are f***ing crazy. In a poll, people voted to have Jet Li (Who would make the perfect Vegeta) Goku, and people voted for Jackie Chan (Who I hope won't be in this movie at all, unless he's Master Roshi) to be Vegeta. In my opinion, Robin Shou should play Goku. Or that guy from Matrix: Reloaded. And the midget-bouncer in Corky Romano IS Krillin, he's got the voice, the height, the physique. I just hope they don't cast that mini-fatass Verne Troyer as Krillin.

BOPRecruit 16
jet li would make a great vegeta. that guy from die another day, rick yune, who should he play? i agree that i don't see jackie chan cutting it to be goku. but he does have the moves. the guy who coregraphed the fight scenes in the matrix reloaded and croaching tiger, hidden tiger should be the coregrapher for dbz. i don't think ang lee is that great of a director for the job, i was disappointed with the way things looked in the hulk. just pray he doesn't disappoint us dbz fans.

battosai yuriko

Metroplex
It would be pretty hard to make those spikey hairs. I think Jackie would make a good Goku. They are both goofy and are a bit foolish like some of Jackie's characters.

Morph
Jackie's too old and doesn't really have that Goku look.

VenomVA
Like Robin Shu(sp) from Mortal Kombat play Goku
Jet Li be Vegeta
Dude from Die Another Day (was also in Fast and Furious) play Older Gohan?
Chichi chick that played Lady Deathstrike in X2
Bulma: not sure about her yet

I pray they let Jet (or he agrees to) be Vegeta...he's my favorite and I have 5 tatts of him big grin

Morph
Right on, Venom. Right on.

Augeybana
I think Jackie Chan should play Krillin.Both funny fighters who do more comedy then fighting.

Morph
No way, that midget who was the bouncer in Corky Romano should be Krillin. He was also a pirate in Pirates of the Carribean.

P-NuT
Question: Will this movie be aimed at kids like shrek, or will it be a more mature movie like the one?

I hope it isnt too childish, even though it is a kids show. I can only hope.

BOPRecruit 16
i think it's for teens mostly, i hope. yup, doing the big hair would be hard. they'll probably will have to make adjustments to that. and maybe the latex suits that saiyans and vegeta wears. *shiver* oh the horror of seeing jet li in a suit like that! ~lol~

Morph
Yeah, it's supposed to be kind of X-Men-esque.

MaverickIce
I can't imagine Jet Li "powering up"

BOPRecruit 16
just spare the audience the pain of seeing grown men in latex suits! it's hard to imagine any of the possible people who could be in it powering up.

DemonicGambit
Isn't there already thread on this in movies? Just wondering out loud

But I think a DBZ movie is a cool idea, as long as they don't have Van Damme in it. Someone suggested it before

BOPRecruit 16
here here! *i'm agreeing with you*

yes, there is another thread of this.

DemonicGambit
good I thought I was losing it....again...

BOPRecruit 16
we all can lose our minds at one point or another. i do it alot! ~lmao~ 'cause i have major brain damage. stupidity is too strong at times. ~lol~

Magee
Well im a big fan of dbz and a live action movie would be great.
Although on saying that they have already made one and it sucked balls sad
Hope this one better.

BOPRecruit 16
they have already made one?! what?!

Magee
Yea it was made in like the 80's but it sucked and they didnt have like ki and shit, just martial arts and a stupid villian lol big grin

Morph
Oh yeah..they didn't call it Dragonball though, right? It was full of cheesy actors and had a crappy story. It was based more on Journey To The West than DB or DBZ. It was complete crap.

BOPRecruit 16
here's what i posted in the movie discussion of the thread with the same name...:

A Little Known Fact:

the Z in dbz doesn't really stand for anything in the series. akira toriyama, the creator, only added that to show readers that this series was coming to an end. *if you don't believe me, read the july issue and dbz section of Shonen Jump!*

I'm not sure if this is a little known fact or not...:

with some of the dbz mangas, haven't you noticed that some chapters within a volume are darker or shaded in differently from the rest of manga? well, the people who are in charge of printing them, had to take some original cells from the anime then add bubbles, and then make it look part of the manga itself. *again, i got this all from shonen jump. they probably did this alot for the volumes that came after the cell saga.*

Magee
Intresting lol

Im not quite sure about the movie ive only seen clips but the costumes are the same lol....and master roshi looks gay with a shell on his back stick out tongue

BOPRecruit 16
what do you mean that you have seen clips but the costumes are the same??

Morph
Magee...if you're talking about the new DBZ movie, you're BSing. They don't even have a script for it yet.

BOPRecruit 16
that's what i was beginning to think...

Magee
Im not talking about the new movie ffs.
The old one, Journey to the west whatever u wanna call it.
Oh and for the new one the set is being made in sydney atm
And roumers that Hugh Jakcman has the part for Goku miffed

Morph
No....NO! GOD DAMNIT, NO! HUGH JACKMAN CAN'T BE GOKU! Robin Shou IS Goku. Jet Li IS Vegeta. Martin Klebba IS Krillin!........I...AM....ABOVE...THE LAAAAAAAAW~!!!

Morph
http://www.willowmanagement.co.uk/artist_pages_actors/martin_klebba.htm KRILLIN!!!!

Magee
LOL, he looks like a good guy to play krillin.
But krillin probably isnt 4"1 i think he's somewhere like 4"8 or sumthing cause in cell saga he is pratically same height as gohan when he's 11... But he looks like him Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Morph
Yeah, but Gohan's like, 13/14ish during the Cell Saga, he should be at least 4'11".

CaptainInsano
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not but Jet Li isn't playing vegeta they got some unknown actor which in my opinion is the smartest move. What they need to do is get unknown actor's who look similar to who their playing and can act like them. I heard Vin Diesal might play piccollo and I think thats a load of $hit. When they get bad celebs it will ruin the movie, fourtunately the movie is supposedly aimed for the fans.

BOPRecruit 16
just image wise and not their acting ability, vin for piccolo and hugh for goku ain't bad. not saying i want them chosen as good as an actor as hugh is.

Morph
RUMORED possible cast.

Goku - Hugh Jackman was recently fired from this part due to him holding up production. Who will fill his shoes?

Vegeta - Ray Park (Sleepy Hallow, Star Wars: Episode 1, X-Men). Ray was their first choice. Then they got Guy Pearce. Then they gave the part bact to Ray. Make up your god damn mind!

Piccolo - Sam Wheeler (Unknown) This is a new actor. Apparently he's a big 6'7" black guy with a deep voice. Sounds good to me.

Raditz - Jason Bateman (Teen Wolf Too, Necessary Roughness, The Sweetest Thing). A lot of people probably have no idea who this guy is. He's been around for a while and has been on a number of TV shows.

Nappa - Bill Goldberg (Universal Soldier: The Return, WWE Wrestling). This is a fan favorite for Nappa and even though I think he sucks as an actor he does look just like Nappa and is probably the best choice.

Tein - Orlando Bloom (Black Hawk Down, Lord Of The Rings, Pirates Of The Caribbean). I think this is a very good choice. He's probably kinda skinny but he looks just like Tein with a shaved head.

Bulma - Jessica Alba (P.U.N.K.S., Idle Hands, Dark Angel). Yes, she will have blue hair.

Puarr, Oolong, King Kai - These guys will be CGI. And don't worry, Puarr and Oolong will only have small cameos. The voice actors from the show will do the voices for these characters on the movie.

I still think they should cast what's his face as Krillin. He's got the perfect look and voice, and he knows martial arts. This cast isn't TOO bad..except Orlando Bloom...he'd make a better Yamcha.

CaptainInsano
OMG no. Hugh is possible but he's already working on another project, the piccollo guy sounds pretty good, I like Goldberg for nappa but orlando bloom for tein would be horrible because they are comeplely different. Bulma's pretty bad too

Morph
Hugh has time to work on various other movies since there isn't even a script for this one yet, and like I said, Orlando would make a better Yamcha. I think Jessica Alb could be alright as Bulma. She has that spoiled girl look about her face.

Morph
lmao....Jack Black as Yajirobe.

Magee
ORLANDO BLOOM AS TIEN. laughing laughing he looks nothing like him.I dont know the actress who is to play Bulma, But i think cameron Diaz would make a great Bulma. And its good how they gonna use CGI to make puarr etc.
And at looking at the small guy again add 6 dots to his head and u have krillin, i mean he looks exactly like him Happy Dance

P.S. Gohan was 11 in Cell saga because in the 10 days they waited for the Cell games he had his 11th birthday..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

CaptainInsano
JACK BLACK AS YAJIROBE IS PERFECT! hahaha

Morph
Jessica Alba A.K.A. Dark Angel is supposed to be Bulma. She was in Idle Hands, P.U.N.K.s and this upcoming movie call Honey. She may not be perfect for the part, but she is WAY more qualified than Cameron "Bony Chest" Diaz. She's so ugly. And yeah, Martin Klebba is the perfect Krillin. smile Also..I think Colin Farrel would make a good Saiyan..maybe like, Raditz or something...jsut a though. I'm getting all into this movie...I'm a dork.....A DORK WHO IS ABOVE THE LAW!!!!!!

CaptainInsano
Damn morph you got some good ideas Colin ferral could easily be raditz

Blissbo
This movie is sounding more like a Street Fighter format and less like X-Men. They'll probably "tweek" the story to get a wider fan base past hardcore DBZ fans (like they did with Street Fighter) and we'll all end up hating the movie. John Leguizamo should play Choatzu. He played a midget clown in Spawn if anyone remembers that movie (or saw it).

Morph
I think you're wrong. Of course, they'll tweek the storyline, but please, don't compare it to Street Fighter, that's just an insult. And do you really think the fanbase for DBZ can grow anymore? Isn't it like, the most watched cartoon/anime series in the U.S.?

Blissbo
I am using Street Fighter as an example of how you can take a good base idea and completely ruin it when people start tweeking it that don't understand why people liked it in the first place. I am already starting to see this in the DBZ movie just by reading everyones' posts here. Hugh Jackman as Goku is a product of putting someone who is currently a hot commodity and using them to draw fans, rather than casting someone who looks and could act as a better Goku and risk people not coming out to see a no-name. The more money the producers of this movie spend on big names, the less money they have to spend on the story itself. And yes I do believe that DBZ is the most watched cartoon/anime in the U.S. but everything has room to grow. I know alot of people who like japanese anime but don't even know what DBZ is. The thinking of someone who is writing the movie may be, what can I do, or what can I add to improve on the current fanbase and make more money? Do you think this movie is being made to cater to DBZ fans or is it being made so someone can feed off the DBZ name and make money?

Morph
I totally agree with you, man. But like I said, that cast list is just a rumor. It's probably complete bullshit. And who knows? We might get lucky and the director of this movie will be a fan of the anime, much like Sam Raimi with Spider-Man or Bryan Singer with X-Men.

Blissbo
God I hope its just rumor. Its a scary thought to see them portaying DBZ characters. The fight choreographer who did Crouching Tiger should do this movie. I wonder if the Ginyu Force will make an appearance and if so, who will play Guldo (the multi-eyed mutant who could stop time by holding his breath). Is King Kai going to be CGI like Puor and Oolong?

Morph
The First movie will be based solely on the Saiyan saga, so no Namek. No Freiza and sadly, no Ginyu Force. I don't know what King Kai will be, but Hugh Jackman has been fired...thank God. And this movie has been sent to Hell because Fox sucks a lot of dick. It's gonna turn out to be a big joke now. They fired Akira Toriyama.

Blissbo
I am guessing this movie has the word "campy" written all over it now. Maybe they will dance and sing like in the old Batman tv series.

CaptainInsano
There will be 4 movies saiyan, frieza, cell, and buu. The movie is also being made for the fans so I think it is doubtful that they will do what blisso said by getting an actor who is hott now (hugh jackman) instead or an unknown actor who does a better job both looks and acting.

Morph
If it's being made for fans...why the hell did they fire Akira?

BOPRecruit 16
in today's episode, "transformed at last", it was funny how tien, chiaotzu, and yamcha easily kicked the ginyu force's butts into hell! yea! goku finally transformed into a super saiyan. about time too.

Blissbo
They probably fired Akira because they wanted to go in a different direction with the movie and he could have been fighting them on that? Where does it say this movie is being made for the fans? I am not doubting anyone, I just want a quote or something to back that statement up. I do find it funny too how the Ginyu Force get so easily beat up by Yamcha, Tien and Ciaotzu. Does that mean they're stronger than Vegeta when he first arrives on Namek? And Tien actually fought two of them at once so how powerful is he?

Morph
They're stronger because they've had time to adjust to the atmosphere of King Kai's planet. The Ginyu Force just got there, so they have like, no power at all, much like Goku when he first arrived there.

Magee
Akira didnt get fired, he only got pushed away. He signed a new contract wich keeps him from calling all the shots. They done this becaue he wanted it to all be in japanese with asian/ japanese actors to fill the rolls of all the characters, and just have it dubbed in english.
Im glad he signed that contract.... would u have like to seen Dragonballz turn out to be a realy crappy version of crouching tiger hidden dragon?

Morph
lol...Good point. Thanks for clearing that up.

Blissbo
I wonder if they are going to "attempt" to show hyper fighting in any way. And is the Kaoi Ken (sp?) or Nimbus Cloud going to make its way into the movie? Hopefully they don't focus too much on the Snake Way Journey, if at all. It took up too many episodes in the cartoon. They might have to do some scenes that happened before DBZ so people that aren't overly familiar with the cartoon know what's going on.

CaptainInsano
Oh they most def will show hyper fighting they'll just use a green/blue screen and stuff. Also the way they are probably gonna film the super saiyans is by doing the first part of the movie with them being normal and the second part with them being super saiyan. I have no idea on how they'll do super saiyan though. i thought cgi but that would look stuid. Any thoughts?

Morph
We won't be seeing any super saiyans until the 2nd movie, which is at least like, 6 years down the road.

CaptainInsano
Its 5 years but I really don't think there is going to be any really huge advances in technology because what they have now is so new and it is pretty flawless. The only change I think will be the speed I bet it will be a lot faster.

BOPRecruit 16
for those of you who have seen x2, i can picture some of the saiyans moving like the way nightcrawler did when he was invading the white house. that was such a cool scene!

Morph
Yeah it was, they should've had Nightcrawler in more than just that fight scene.

CaptainInsano
They would do the instant transmission differently but yea I see what you mean and I love that scene. Oh and morph just remember this is the 2nd out of like 7 or 9 movies planned for X-men nightcrawler will deffinately be back!

BOPRecruit 16
can't wait to see kurt suit up for the x-men!

can't wait to see what the costumes/battle suits and villians would look like for real.

CaptainInsano
how old do you think the kid who will play gohan be since I bet he will sign on for at least three movies?

Morph
Definately an unknown.

BOPRecruit 16
if ang lee starts with the saiyan saga, gohan actor would have to be around 4-5 years old. just depends on the saga. it'll change and can range from kids 4-16 or so.

CaptainInsano
I hope ang lee doesn't direct it, don't get me wrong I like ang lee but he shouldn't do comic book or any kind of movies similar to them he should stick with what he knows

Morph
I heard Roland Emmerich was supposed to direct it.

Blissbo
What has Roland Emmerich directed just so I can get a feel for his stylings?

gregmss
Cast of krillin has gone to Nathan Phillips

gregmss
tien is gone to marshall mathers sorry

Morph
HAHAHAHAHAHA...not funny.

DBZFan
What you talking 'bout Willas?

BOPRecruit 16
i agree that ang lee should not direct dbz. look at what he did to the hulk!

Morph
He's NOT directing DBZ, settle down peeps.

BOPRecruit 16
thank god!

CaptainInsano
Jenna Jameson should be bulma. I WANNA MAKE IT CLEAR THAT THIS IS JUST A JOKE SO DON'T YELL.

Morph
You ruined the joke by telling us it was a joke, bub.

CaptainInsano
whistle zorro

Morph
LoL big grin

DBZFan
I just whant to tell you:When they go super sayen it will look funny.
If you get what I mean.

Morph
Ya never know.

CaptainInsano
How the hell do you know what it looks like already?!?

Morph
She's just guessing.

BOPRecruit 16
yes yes yes, we all know how shitty this movie can look, but at least give them credit for trying!

krillin85
man i just wanna say hey first of all to all of u guys and i read all of ur posts and i agree with just about everything the was said

one thing inparticular that i agree with was said early on about jet li should NOT be goku and SHOULD be vegeta i always said that and its nice to have sumone agree with me

BOPRecruit 16
i saw "mortal combat" movie a while back, i can see robin shou and that soul stealer guy playing goku and vegeta.

Morph
That guy who played Shang Tsung is too old to play Vegeta

krillin85
yeh they need some one around the same age as robin shou or who ever is gonna play goku because in dbz vegeta isnt that much older than goku only a few years

BOPRecruit 16
goku is in his 20's to early 30's by the end of the series. then, vegeta is in his mid 30's throughout the story. i read the ages on a site, can't remember where though.

krillin85
i knew they were some where around that age

BOPRecruit 16
hard to tell since it's animation.

Blissbo
While Goku is 12 at the start of Dragonball, and I think (not sure) he is 18 when he defeats piccolo (doing the math, the martial arts tournament is every three years and he fights in one when he is 12, 15, and 18). And 5 years pass before DBZ (so he is 23 when DBZ starts), he trains a year before Vegeta comes (24), he doesn't come back from the Namek battle for 1 year (25), he trains 3 years to fight the androids (28), he goes in the hyperbolic time chamber for a year to fight cell(29), he comes back to fight Buu 7 years after (because Goten is 7 and trunks was just born before Goku died and he was 8) so now he is 36, after defeating Buu they have to wait 10 years for the next tournament so by the end of the Series Goku is 46 and Vegeta close to 50. As Vegeta says to Bulma, Saiyans retain their youth so they can fight longer. Just my take on how old they are.

Morph
100% Correct. @ Blessbo

BOPRecruit 16
don't worry bliss, i knew that. good to know though. ^.~

Blissbo
I was doing it for my own sanity as much as anyone else's.

krillin85
lol that was good math there buddy i didnt know any of like the ages and stuff from db to the end of dbz but yeh i knew it was sumin like that

BOPRecruit 16
throughout dbz gohan goes from 4 to early 20's.

krillin85
he's only 4 at the begining huh i woulda guessed like maybe 6 r somthing like that. ummmm how old was gohan supposed to be in movie #1 the dead zone?????

BOPRecruit 16
when i read the mangas, it said he was 4. he was so adorable! ^.~

Blissbo
Most 4 year olds that can destroy entire planets are undoubtedly adorable.

BOPRecruit 16
gohan was so cute at age 4 and so is shippou of inu yasha'!

krillin85
lol adorable then yes i wounldnt call him that now he might kick the crap outta ya lol

BOPRecruit 16
who?

krillin85
goku is who

BOPRecruit 16
goku was cute in dragonball.

krillin85
yeh i agree now he's just bad ass

BOPRecruit 16
what's happening in dbgt?

Blissbo
I think Goku gets turned into a little kid again in GT by Bebi. He fights all the evil dragons that come out of the broken Dragonballs too. It seems really stupid in the Japenese versions but maybe the english translated episodes will be better? I just think they ran out of ideas because Goku keeps fighting these powerhouse bad guys, and he has to keep getting stronger to fight them and by the end of DBZ there is just no one else they can think to have him fight that would be a challenge (so they come up with a somewhat dumb idea of him fighting the dragons in the dragonballs).

Morph
Goku is turned into a child after Pilaf accidentally wishes so in the presence of Shenron.

BOPRecruit 16
what happens or causes goku to transform into a ssj4?

Morph
Some stupid bullshit. He's fighting Bebi in Oozaru stage and loses control. Pan starts crying and for some stupid reason, that triggers his ssj4 transformation. The bulk of DBGT sucked. Uubu was the only reason I've watched any of it.

BOPRecruit 16
haven't really seen gt before, but yeah i heard that show sucked major. that is stupid of how he transformed. in dbz, it was almost always anger or frustration or crying over a dead friend.

tigida_tigida
i think that this dbz movie will ba wicked i love dbz especially the cell saga. but what i wanna know does any one know when its gonna be released?? i would love to see that movie i would be there staright away on the 1st day well if ne 1 knows give me a hint right thanks

later later alligator looking kinda fine

Morph
This movie might not be out until 2006, bub.

tigida_tigida
bummer no good i cant be waiting until 2006
tigida tigida is my name playing with your body and brain

tigida_tigida
does any one know how to put them lil picture things next to my name? thanks later later alligator looking kinda great

tigida_tigida
haha i found it

Morph
..Please, let's try to stay on topic.

krillin85
i dunno i think dbgt is pretty cool i mean i like dbz better but gt does an alright job with everything. yes some parts are crappy when pan crys and gets goku to finish his ssj4 transformation that was pretty time comsuming and lame. the next dbgt dvd's well be out october 16 r 19 one of them and finally they will show goku ssj4 and he'll be fighting

BOPRecruit 16
dbgt doesn't seem that interesting because it wasn't written or had help from akira toriyama, the creator of db/z.

tigida_tigida
althought it wasnt written by him i think it was still pretty sweet though. i thought the best part was with the 7 even dragons that came from the negative energy from the dragonballs and ss4 goku is pretty cool not very original but still impressive

Vim
I think the buu series became somewhat boring, and almost satrical, the way buu just wouldn't die, it was like saying "okay, Goku and Vegeta are so darn powerful, the only villian they can't kill is one maybe of pink rubber, that can regenerate itself."(which is like Cell, idea well running dry?) Dragon Ball was the best, and the beginning to the end of the Cell saga of DBZ was good, but DBGT gave a somewhat original spin in having the trio go through space to find the Dragonballs. It just seems to be getting old, I already know practically everything about the whole series, and would know how to make a great movie.

Blissbo
DBGT does pull out some new moves and stuff but you're right, they probably just ran out of ideas. How many times did they fight people that just didn't die (the dust cleared and they were still standing there unharmed). And what is with having EVERYONE being able to change their forms and become more powerful? Even Zarbon did it when he fought Vegeta on Namek. It just got repetative after awhile in that Krillin and Yamcha and Tien would always get pounded, Goku would save them, the enemy would transform, beat on Goku, Gohan would save Goku with his untapped powers, Gohan would run out of energy, Goku would save the day. Don't get me wrong I love the show, and it will make a good movie script but I am just saying if they do more than one movie it might start looking repetative to those who are new to the series.

Morph
I think anything after the Cell Games was crap.

Blissbo
Except for when Vegeta was turned evil again by Babiti. Old school Vegeta rocks.

Morph
Ugh...Man, I hate Vegeta. Actually, the only Saiyajin who is tolerable for me is Goku. Vegeta stole too many scenes and was a ****in crybaby.

Blissbo
Goku is too whiny and whipped by his wife. Vegeta's drive to be the best makes him a very interesting character and thats why he steals so many scenes. Vegeta's gotta be tough he's married to Bulma

Morph
Lol...Vegeta and Bulma are both whiny ****s. At least Goku can make you smile or laugh when he's whiny.

Blissbo
The Trunks saga is what really made me like Vegeta. Vegeta calling Bulma a "servant woman" and telling people that are laughing at him to "shut up or i'll blast you all" are hilarious. The scenes where he is wearing that pink shirt that says bad man on it and future Trunks keeps staring at it are classic (best line is when Vegeta asks him what he is staring at and Trunks says I like your shirt and Vegeta says "you would. If you like it so much you can have it when I am done with it".) And also when Krillin is playing with a can with his foot and he accidently knocks it over and Vegeta snarls at him. Great comedy.

Morph
Yeah, Vegeta does have his good times, but he still doesn't appeal to me.

DBZFan
Vegeta sucks.

Thestuntrunt
Can anyone tell me about This Dragonball Z movie? I have read some people think I should Play Krillin? confused Martin Klebba

BOPRecruit 16
vegeta may be a jerk, but he doesn't suck. since he was raised by freeza for most of his life, vegeta didn't really get the chance to be anything else. freeza taught him to be cold and a murderer, so it's understanble to me of why it's so hard for him to adjust to a life of doing justice. i have more to say on this matter, but don't have the time right now.

Vim
i did like the fact that he sacrificed himself to try put Buu out forever, but his sacrifice was for nothing, it was really good change of character. he realized he had a kid and if he wanted his kid to live, then he'd better do something. The only thing about the DBZ universe, people don't stay dead for long, so death doesn't become something to be afraid of...

krillin85
vegeta is a great character whether he's a jerk r not. if it wasn't for him in many places the earth would have been destroyed and or the rest of the z fighters owuld have been killed with goku not being there so even if vegeta is a jerk he is essential

DBZFan
OH SO YOU FINALLY TALK TO ME?!?!?

BOPRecruit 16
not exactly...just a statement to understand vegeta. pretty much. calm down, girl!

Blissbo
I always found it amusing that a Sayain Elite like Vegeta had to work twice as hard as a peasant like Goku and always achieved lesser results. So much for the royal bloodline theory. I think Vegeta did surpass Goku during the Android Saga when he first became Super Sayain. He destroyed Android #19 pretty easily while Goku struggled(granted Goku had a heart disease while fighting him though). I would have to say that Vegeta's techniques like Final Flash and Big Bang ttack are far superior to the Kamahameha. Goku is too goofy for my taste. I like Vegeta's more edged and serious attitude. It does seem like Vegeta and Krillin are in competition to see who can die the most in the series.

krillin85
yes it would seem like they are tryin to see who could die the most and if there is one thing krillin is good at its gettin beat and and gettin killed

BOPRecruit 16
at one point, yes, vegeta did surpass goku. but, also at another, he had reasons not to surpass goku. it's really clear sometime after goku becomes a ssj3.

DBZFan
Hey I finished the last chapter of my DBZ story.

BOPRecruit 16
good, haven't been reading any dbz fics in a while.

DBZFan
Whats up with Vegeta with this "Sayain pride" thing? Is it like a tradition? Sorry Ijust cought up with the series when they first showed the Freiza saga on Spanish telivision. I was actuolly a Sailor moon fan.

DBZFan
Thus ends the DBZ tradition....... fare well folks was its last words...... UNTIL THAT GUY CREATED A NEW BUT MESSED UP SERIES CALLED DBGT... mad

BOPRecruit 16
akira didn't create gt, not that i know of. anyways, i'll try to come out with more dbz crossovers and a dbz only fic soon.

Blissbo
Vegeta has so much pride in being a Saiyan because he is the prince of all Saiyans and a Saiyan Elite fighter. Techincally he should be the king of all sayains because his father was killed by Frieza. He was told by his father when he was really young that he has the potential to become a super saiyan someday and the most powerful fighter in the universe and he took it to heart I guess. Thats why he always wants to be the best.

DBZFan
So now he is the king of all super sayains/sayains?

BOPRecruit 16
i guess, but it was never made official. he didn't get to do anything special because of it. well, vegeta does get to boss and yell at the other demi-saiyans! ^.~

Blissbo
I guess it is kinda tough to be king of a world that doesn't exist.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>