I got some really REALLY bad news

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Mercenary
the doctors have found a tumor the size of a marble in my brain, I don't know what's gonna happen, not yet, I'll keep you guys informed.

queeq
That IS bad news. Any notice on whether it is benign or malignant? How are you coping?

queeq out

Dim
Ouch Merc, does it hurt?

Gundark
That is major bad news, Merc. I promise I'll light a candle for you at Mass on Sunday.

Jedi Mercenary
They're not 100% sure no whether it's benign or maglinant yet queeq, but thank you for caring

Ratcat
That's awful Merc, I hope the news improves for you.

theEviljedi
Are you to have kemo treatments?

Darth Daft
Sorry to hear the news, JM. I hope its not as bad as it sounds.

theEviljedi
I beleave it is Daft. My grandmother had it in 1996 and it really affected her phsyically as well as emotionally. I hope Merc's isn't that bad.

Jedi Mercenary
yea, kemo for me, my heads already bald though,

theEviljedi
So soon?

Jedi Mercenary
no, it was bald before I found out

theEviljedi
Whatever.

Jedi Mercenary
I don't get it

Jedi Mercenary
what do you mean EJ??

King Jedi
WOW!!! Jedi Merc what a guy you are!! If that had happened to me I can think of quite a few people I would tell before I announced it on a Star Wars Forum. But it just shows you how much you really like us because you found the time amongst all the worry and pain to log on here and share it with us. What a guy!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

That was my attempt at sarcasm. I hope everyone swallowed that just like they did with JM's story.laughing out loud

queeq
I'm confused now. Help!

queeq out

theEviljedi
I don't think KJ beleave's him.

UnknownBountyHunter
This is ironic, I was gone a much longer while than announced, because they found a non-malignant tumor on a good friend of mine's brain. Non-malignant means its not the quick and deadly kind, and it is operable. And KingJedi, have some respect, a tumor doens't mean your sick and dying (Unless of course it IS malignant), which if it was I doubt he would tell us. But even so how do you know he hasn't told everyone else yet, and we are the last? smile I am sorry Jedi Merc as a surgery to remove that here in Germany is 1200 Marks.

Gundark
Yes, queeq...I am a little confused here too..ummmmm.... what is 1200 marks converted to us dollars ? (Don't make me call my future german mother in law, thank you)

Jedi Mercenary
a whole lot of money, I guess I should just go into surgery in 6 months and laugh at the poor guys that didn't believe me, boy I showed them

Dim
Well, hopefully it won't go that far...maybe the chemo will be enough. smile

Ratcat
Merc, The only thing I can say at this point is to try and keep positive. I'm a firm believer in the fact that half the healing process is being positive about the outlook.
Keep well, eat well and stay fit and let the doctors do their thing.

queeq
1200 Marks is about 500 dollars at the current rates. I don't know if that makes you fell any better, though.

queeq out

Dim
That's all?...for an operation?...It's going to cost alot more than that here...garanteed.

theEviljedi
I'm with Dim. $500 is nothing for an operation. I was expecting it to be $20,000.

King Jedi
I'd just like to tell everyone about a little problem I have. The doctors have found a third nipple. I don't know what I'm going to do. They might have to operate. But I will keep all of you guys informed about my pain. Maybe that will mean that you guys will like me more or might make me a mod or something. I don't know, but if any of you want to give me some sympathy then I'll gladly accept it.

UBH please don't preach to me about tumors. I've had relatives that have died with this and that's why I don't think it's very funny when some pathetic loser comes on here lying about having one.

Jedi Mercenary
I'm sorry you feel that way KJ. If people feel that way I guess I'll leave this forum

Ratcat
Ok, so this has started to get nasty.

As far as I can see it, no one has any reason to not believe Merc.

I'd lay off I I were you guys. Just my humble opinion, take it or leave it.

Darth Daft
You don't believe it KJ?

"That is why you fail."

Sorry, I wanted to get a Star Wars line somewhere in there.

queeq
Maybe for Merc's protection we should close this thread before it becomes to painful and embarrasing. Better safe than sorry. IMHO OC.

queeq out

Ratcat
Your point is well seen.

Dim
Yes, I agree...lets close this to avoid hurt feelings.

Wonderer
Does anyone knows what happened to Jedi Mercenary? I see last time he was online was Jul 24th, 2002. What happened to his tumor?

Renamon
why bump a thread from 6 years ago?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Renamon
why bump a thread from 6 years ago?

To know what happened to Jedi Mercenary.....but...one shouldn't do it anyways.

Wonderer
What, aren't we alowed to 'bump' (whatever that means) a thread from long ago?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Wonderer
What, aren't we alowed to 'bump' (whatever that means) a thread from long ago?

Yeah, people are not supposed to. It happens like twice a month...and it is really pointless...dead threads should remain dead. They usually get closed when they are bumped.

Here you can read more about bumping.

Wonderer
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, people are not supposed to. It happens like twice a month...and it is really pointless...dead threads should remain dead. They usually get closed when they are bumped.

Here you can read more about bumping.

But technically a thread is not dead if someone brings it back to life, right? It's subjective and relative anyway.

So, what happened to the guy?

Bardock42
But technically a thread is not dead if someone brings it back to life, right? It's subjective and relative anyway.

So, what happened to the guy?

Well, it's just against Forum Policy I suppose.

I have no clue, but he posted until one year later..so I assume he isn't dead....then again...he might.....but funny how his dater registered is set to be after his posts...hehe....

Wonderer
Well, it's just against Forum Policy I suppose.

I have no clue, but he posted until one year later..so I assume he isn't dead....then again...he might.....but funny how his dater registered is set to be after his posts...hehe....

So, Forum Policy is undemocratic? I don't know whether that's good or bad though...netiquette...what else are they gonna come up with? I thought to 'bump' meant to bump, like in bumping into someone or something.

Bardock42
So, Forum Policy is undemocratic? I don't know whether that's good or bad though...netiquette...what else are they gonna come up with? I thought to 'bump' meant to bump, like in bumping into someone or something.

Well, this is a private forum so obviously there are rules.....but you have rules in a democracy as well. But yeah, basically Raz can do with this forum what he wants...it is his.

And I guess it derived from that,...you know bump into the thread to get it back up.

PVS
the only one who still posts here often out of this thread is queeq. if you really want to know what happened to the guy you should perhaps PM him. other than that there is no point in bumping this mummy of a thread.

Wonderer
Well, this is a private forum so obviously there are rules.....but you have rules in a democracy as well. But yeah, basically Raz can do with this forum what he wants...it is his.

And I guess it derived from that,...you know bump into the thread to get it back up.

I honestly can't see anything wrong with someone who'se not the starter of the thread in question bumping it. Can you?

Bardock42
I honestly can't see anything wrong with someone who'se not the starter of the thread in question bumping it. Can you?

Maybe not, but I might also not be able to see anything wrong in the rape of underage children.....so...what does my opinion count for?

Mišt
It clogs up the forum, its useless. The thread has no more active involvement and wont have any further involvement seeing as the topic is over.

PVS

if its a pointless bump then yes, there is something very wrong with it.

but like i said, if you genuinely care then pm queeq since he's the only thread participant who still posts here regularly.

Wonderer

Wonderer
How can the bump be pointless if an interested poster such as myself, expresses interest in a thread which was informative by intention, but which is still unfinished in its purpose?

Bardock42
How can the bump be pointless if an interested poster such as myself, expresses interest in a thread which was informative by intention, but which is still unfinished in its purpose?

Well, the thing is that there are people who just post the last thread. And they might pretend to be interested, but in fact they just derive pleasure from bumping old threads And that is pointless. I don't see the big problem, I have to admit but if it is forum policy...and we all agreed to that policy, we should stick to it.

Wonderer
Well, the thing is that there are people who just post the last thread. And they might pretend to be interested, but in fact they just derive pleasure from bumping old threads And that is pointless. I don't see the big problem, I have to admit but if it is forum policy...and we all agreed to that policy, we should stick to it.

And you are setting the example here? By posting in a bumped thread?

Bardock42
And you are setting the example here? By posting in a bumped thread?

Well, since it is bumped it isn't really of any matter anymore. The Moderators will take action that they find appropriate, but as for now I can participate in whatever kind of conversation is going on here.

We are confronted with this situation now and we have to deal with it. It is not against any rules to post in an already bumped thread.....the actual bumping is what is not liked.

Wonderer
So how old must the thread be for it to be considered "bumped"? Is there a cut-off time?

Bardock42
So how old must the thread be for it to be considered "bumped"? Is there a cut-off time?

Yeah, 63 days and 2 hours.

PVS

so, i try to help and you ignore me, twice. its becoming more and more apparent that you dont really care about the topic or author of this thread. it seems you just have something to prove.

Wonderer
Yeah, 63 days and 2 hours.

Where did you get this info from?

Bardock, kan jy verstaan as ek met jou in my tall praat? My taal is baie verwant aan Duits.

botankus
9 times out of 10 times mods close bumped threads. So actually this bumping of a thread did everyone a disservice, and will hopefully do a service once a mod sees it. So it kind of cancels out if you are bored enough to be into that sort of thing. That kind of information would probably appeal to someone who bumps really, really old threads.

Wonderer
...mmm...interesting...

botankus

If you click on Jedi Mercenary's name, you'll see he hasn't been online since July 2002. You make the call.

Originally posted by PVS
bumping this mummy of a thread.
Oddly enough, if you click on Jedi Mercenary's name, you'll see that one of his favorite movies was The Mummy.

Bardock42
Where did you get this info from?

Bardock, kan jy verstaan as ek met jou in my tall praat? My taal is baie verwant aan Duits.

I pulled it out of my arse.

Sorry I can't understand it, I suppose it is some sort of Dutch? I guess it has similarities to German, but I couldn't really tell what you said.

Wonderer
Originally posted by botankus

If you click on Jedi Mercenary's name, you'll see he hasn't been online since July 2002. You make the call.

Oddly enough, if you click on Jedi Mercenary's name, you'll see that one of his favorite movies was The Mummy.

July 2002...mmm...I did think, but...

The Mummy! Ha! Good one. How ironic.

Wonderer
I pulled it out of my arse.

Sorry I can't understand it, I suppose it is some sort of Dutch? I guess it has similarities to German, but I couldn't really tell what you said.

Thought so. Tell me, does "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" means "A Little Night Music"? In my language that would be: "'n Bietjie Nag Musiek".

No, Mozart was not an arse.

Bardock42
Thought so. Tell me, does "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" means "A Little Night Music"? In my language that would be: "'n Bietjie Nag Musiek".

No, Mozart was not an arse.

Yes, it does.

No he wasn't.

You know you are soo similar to philosophicus.....paranoia.

Wonderer
Yes, it does.

No he wasn't.

You know you are soo similar to philosophicus.....paranoia.

You are very late and one of the last ones to realize that I'm Philosophicus. Everyone else knows - even the mods - but they decided to let me stay! Yipee! God bless the Buddha!

Bardock42
You are very late and one of the last ones to realize that I'm Philosophicus. Everyone else knows - even the mods - but they decided to let me stay! Yipee! God bless the Buddha!

But now I know it, that makes me happy.

botankus

I've posted in the GDF for 2 and a half years and don't know who you are. I've heard the name Philosophicus before, but never seen a post. Upon a quick search, it looked like you posted in the Philosophy and Religion forum...that would explain why!

Ushgarak
Not only is this a pointless bump, a reading of the thread clearly shows that this was meant to have been closed, probably being re-opened in error when the database was moved.

Please do not bring up old and dead threads, it ruins the history of this place.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.