About Dumbledore, Harry and Voldemort and their possible connection

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ember11
First off, who else agrees with me that Dumbledore is the coolest character? The skills he has and the way he handles himself despite those; he could be a real showoff but instead he is a true master. I shouted out loud whenever he would exude his raw power in the fifth book (no spoilers)!
But do you think that maybe there could be a deeper connection between the famed trio? Consider all the things that have gone on in the books (specifically at the end of year four) between Voldemort and Harry, especially their similar wands. And what about Harry and Dumbledore? His love for Harry goes much deeper than it does for any other student. Is it possible that the three are even related?! Interesting...

frootlooplucy
there's definitely a connection between harry and voldemort, dumbledore said that in the 2nd book. and the 5th. but who knows about harry and dumbledore? dumbledore just wants to protect him, because... you know the prophecy? harry has to be either murderer or victim...

airangel429
I dont think they are all related...Harry and Lord V are connected b/c of the mark......the reason why he had a wand like lord V's b/c of the mark on his head. You know how they all tested wands and certain ones went with certain people....well it was b/c of the mark. The mark allowed him to be able to use that kind of wand.

As for Dumbledore. I am sure he cares alot for Harry for #1 having known his parents #2 being that he is the most powerful to go up against Lord V other than harry #3 he knew about the prophecy so he was sad for what he knew Harry's life was going to be like. In book #5 it explains more into detail of what was going on in Dumbledore's mind through the years with Harry and his obstacles. He already knew that Harry would have great obstacles....so automatically Harry needed more looking after than anyone else. And Dumbledore grew fond of him. I mean...he's pretty well much the only student that he knew from birth. He was the one who put Harry on the doorsteps of his aunt and uncles house. IF Dumbledore were related to Harry then he would have taken him b/c Harry had to be looked over by someone who was a blood relative of his mother's b/c of the protection that she had given him while saving his life, for hers.

Its possible maybe that he could be related to dumbledore through his dad.?? As much as I love Dumbledore I hardly believe that he is related...that would just be TOO bizzzzzaaaaaaaare! Being that Sirius was the godfather already, I don't think JKR would come up with him as a relation... But I do think that Dumbledore thinks of him as he would a relative, b/c having looked after him throughout the years and for putting him on the doorstep when he was a baby.

Phoenix
What does everyone else think?

airangel429
{i'm outta words from July's post..LOL}

Trickster
Lol, I don't think Dumbledore has any specific connection with the others. I mean, he likes Harry, maybe as much as a son, but his only connection with Voldy is thru his school days when Dumbledore was a teacher. And now Dumbledore is the only thing keeping Voldy from coming out straight away, except now he doesn't know the propchercy. I have forgotten if he does or not.

Candy
erm.. yeah i thought sometimes theres sumthing between harry and dumbledore but i dunno.... confused

leah11
it doesn't mean dumbledores related 2 harry, just that theres a connection between them. At the end of book 5 dumbledore goes on about how much he cares about harry, not only that but about how much he loves him. that signifies a strong relationship between them. people might just say its b/c of the prophecy and dumbledore wants harry to defeat voldy but dumdledore also says "what did i care if numbers of nameless and faceless people were slaughtered in the vague future, if in the here and now you were alive, and well, happy? I never dreamed i would have such a person on my hands." it seems dumbledore doesnt want harry to defeat voldy after all, he just wants to keep him safe. y would he want 2 do that unless his relationship with him is more than just "to protect the one".

hhhhr
i think dumbledore is Lord v's grandpa

airangel429
nah....i doubt it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.