28 Days Later Vs. Dawn of the Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

A Talking Dog
Although both are great zombie movies and well-recieved additions to the horror/thriller genre, does anybody agree with me that Dawn of the Dead sucked compared to 28 Days Later. I mean, both have pretty much the exact same story line, and opinions on human nature, but wasn't Dawn of the Dead just boring after a while? Coming from George A. Romero the movie should have had just a bit of visual flair like 28 days, but had absolutley none. But that is besides the point, and I guess that could be blamed on the year it was released and the technology available.

Anywho, I am interested to hear what everybody else thinks

Kes
technology available? huh How old is Dawn of the dead?Camera work is def better know smileWell never seen Dawn of the dead, so why am I posting here? Sorry.

A Talking Dog
If your refering to the camerwork done in Dawn of the Dead, well then, yes, it is better, but its boring and nothing new. Its just a mixture of dolly shots and normal zooms, kinda like EVERY MOVIE EVER MADE after 1975.

Kes
No. you said:"...and I guess that could be blamed on the year it was released and the technology available. " What do you mean? Like I said I've never seen Dawn of the dead.

Raz

A Talking Dog
what exactly does this mean: "...Camera work is def better know...", you see, I got the impression that you were indicating that Dawn of the Dead has better camera work. Which then my next reply, replied on this subject matter

A Talking Dog
my mistake

Kes
No it was my mistake. I ment that the camera work is better these days smile And sound, and color smile

A Talking Dog
oh, then I agree, with you completley

Kes
smile

BackFire349
ohhhh.... my what a question... dawn is such a classic and basically paved the way for all zombie movies after it, much like the prequel ' night of the living dead' did before it.... however, 28 days later was extremely intense and had some of the best zombies of all time.... i think its to close to call.

OOZ
Dawn of the Dead is a great movie, but i havent seen 28 days yet, lol.

bjn74
I would tend to disagree that 28 days later even has zombies. They are not really dead, nor do they really eat their victims. They are just in a "rage" and they want to kill anything living. You cant compare the technical aspects because their separated by 25 years or so, but if I was stranded on a deserted island with one (ive used this before), I would take Dawn..and I loved 28 days later. evil face

BackFire349
yeah yeah, they are the same idea as zombies though, maybe not technically, but their mechanics and mannerisms definately show they are zombie like creatures.

grymlock
basically if compare the effect of coz 28 days later kick ass.... but the main point that both of the movie that we can compare not talking about the technical stuff is 'the story line' and the way they did it... so it's hard for me to vote coz both of the movie is great... cheers!!

OOZ
The stroryline and charecterisation to me is more important anyway, but i do like some tasty effects in there too, if they are befitting. 8)

grymlock
just add the spice.... cheers mate!! beer

ragesRemorse
28 days was boring and un original, dawn of the dead is a classic horror flick with a little bit of everything tied together with good directing

BackFire349
28 days later is a masterpiece, on par with dawn of the dead in every aspect. It was very unique and original with its presentation of its zombie creatures. It was very intense and exciting as well....its zombies were the most ferocious and intimidating of all time. but they still managed too have a little innocence to t hem, which is always a plus for zombies.

t8368dd
28 Days Later did a good job adding a new dimension to an old and tired genre. It can be credited with breathing new life into the entire horror genre. BUT... better than Dawn of the Dead? Come on... For it's time, Dawn of the Dead was ground breaking with it's message, zombies, and gore. (very little blood & guts type gore in 28 days). Also, the "zombies" in 28 days later are not zombies in the classic sense. 28 Days Later has more in common with the Omega Man or Rabid than Dawn of the Dead. Besides, without Night of the Living Dead and Dawn, 28 Days later wouldn't even have existed.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
hard to choose. both were great. im gonna say 28 days later for now...but thats not my final choice.

Cowboyography
Dawn by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its one of my all time favorites of all genres!!!

Dario Argento
I like Dawn of the Dead the most, 28 days later was good, but not as good as Dawn I think.

BackFire
I just bought 28 days later, woohoo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.