Name the best "story" song of all time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omegaman
A "story" song is one that actually tells a story with its lines. Here are some of my favorite:

- American Pie
-Cats in the cradle
- The night Chicago Died
-The night the lights went out in Georgia
-Rocky Racoon

What are your favorites??

LanceWindu
I can't remember the name of the song, but it's by Tenacious D

I believe it's called: The Greatest Song in the World.

robincooper
it's called tribute, my favourite is alice in chains snuff the rooster about a soldier returning home from namn!

diegocala
Starksfield County Jail

robincooper
i also like another alice in chains song have i gone i think it's called about a kid being estrange, i'm listening to that now * singing merily*

happy kine
well this is an album but... pink floyd the wall. a modern masterpiece.

Gundark
Oh yea. Floyd.

American Pie
Alice's Restaurant

diegocala
Operation Mindcrime

ObieTrice 26
I liked 1 by Eminem called "Stan"

Omegaman
Does anybody remember "Billy Dont be a Hero"??

buffymitch
Sk8ter Boi from Avril was good

Metroplex
Yeah they said that they were gonna adapt skater boi into a movie should be out next year i think.

Did any of you guys hear the song "Kim" from Eminem? its an interesting story.

Captain REX
I think quite a few people have agreed to American Pie being a great story-telling song.

Genesis (a 70's-80's band) has a 20 minute story-telling song. Biblical.

Corran
Tommy - The Who.

robincooper
yeah american pies rules!

ObieTrice 26
HOLY FLYING ****!!!! i personaly think eminem lost control in that song!he was practicly screaming

AliasNeo15
its all about "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zepplin.

Smllfry247
kim was really scary!! Stan made me cry the first time i heard it but it is soooo good!

ObieTrice 26
in the music video for Stan,if u look in2 Eminem's window at the very end,u can see stan for a second or 2

Smllfry247
yeah i know

julibug
Hotel California!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diegocala
Good one julibug!!

Catch 22
One that all you young pups won't remember.

So This Is Romance by Lynx

Gundark
I can go back further than that.

Wildfire.

Short, but sweet.

About as old as 'Billy Don't Be A Hero".

What was that other oldie....had a line in it like "Rocky, I've never had to die before.....I don't know if I can do it" or something.

finti -help me out, there's a dear.

yerssot
Rocky Written by - Stevens

ChinaNiki
What about the song by Billy Joel about Vietnam? I can't remember the name but it talks about counting the rotors on a helicopter. "Gyprsies, Tramps, and Theives" by Cher tells a story.

Omegaman
Gundark you are talking about ..Seasons in the Sun, ....goodbye papa its hard to die...Great song!

And good one one Wildfire..."she ran calling wildfire, she ran calling wildfire"! Man, that part at the end when the guy sings that "one night , I know shes coming for me" really used to scare the crap out of me!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.