Why Comic book movies change characters..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MarvelFan
I hate most Comic book movies because I love comic books...the first X movie was so off base it made me puke...does anyone else have a problem with this..

Metroplex
They had to make it realistic. It would also ruin the movie if they stick to the comic. Who wants to see the same thing in a movie as they did in a comic?????

TedO
Me

Darth Vicious
Me 2 but i tought that Spider-Man and Blade were pretty close to the comics, what i didnt like about DareDevil is that in the movie they made it seem that learned all his moves after the accident without any training and in the movie he was trained by Stick before he became DD, while X-men/2 were kinda close i didnt like that they gave Rogue a name(Marie), that shouldve been revealed in the comics firrst than in the movies, they made Sabretooth look stupid when in the comics he is far more vicious and Mystique in the comics is a pretty bad villain by herself but in the movie she seems to have no dept to her character and in the Hulk i think it made sense changing his origin a little bit to make it more believable!

12freddyscommin
At least none of the movies that have came out about comics came out like "Street Fighter the Movie"

Rogue Jedi
i agree with metroplex. for example, in the comics, logan looks cool in yellow spandex. in the movies? i dont think so.

DemonicGambit
I totally agree that ComicMovies are most of the time worse then their comic counter parts.

And I think that the DareDevil was terrible adaptation of the comic. The only thing I really saw it as, was a really, really long commerical telling me to wait and see the Elecktra movie.

borgasm???
small character changes, like giving rogue a name aren't too disturbing, but the organic webbing flibbed my wig! i don't really have a wig, but it was still a pointless change.

DemonicGambit
Actually borgasm??? Claremont decided that Marie D'Ancanto ~is~ going to be comic and movie Rogue's name...

But he also said that they won't be using that in the comics anytime soon

borgasm???
i didn't really know that, just using Darth Vicious's quote as a quick reference. what'd you think of the webs?

Metroplex
I think the webs are cooler without the cartrige. Shows that he mutataed into a human spider.

DemonicGambit
Yeah, but we already get that Spidey mutated, even if he didn't at first. But the cartridges showed that he could actually use his brain and create something using his head.

Metroplex
Well the Web cartriges would have to change the movie. Example spidey learned about his powers when he accidently put web on the trey(sp) and shot it at Flash.

In the cartoons, they said that Spidey learned ow to build his web shhoters since the spider that bit him gave him th knowledge.

BOPRecruit 16
raimi and the rest of the people who made spider-man decided to change green goblins suit because the original version looked too redicilous to have in the movie.

http://www.tabernaculonet.hpg.ig.com.br/subliminar/desenhos/outros_desenhos/imagens/fig4_homem_aranha_3_green_goblin.jpg

now, aren't you happy they didn't go with this?

http://www.realidadalternativa.com/comics/reviews/peliculas/spiderman/goblin.jpg

i prefer the movie version of gobbie's suit because it looks more menacing, insane, and so forth. i also liked how they improved doc oct, but i don't have any good pictures to post here.

~battosai yuriko~

DemonicGambit
I liked the original costume for the Green Goblin, the fact that he would wear that just proved how crazy he is.

BOPRecruit 16
the facial expressions, voice, and gobbie reflection of norm was enough. i'm not that piccy.

MaverickIce
Personally, I'm SICK of the Green goblin.. They just need to let him go, if the Third Spidey is about GG2 over Venom, all hell will be let loose!

BOPRecruit 16
that's true dg. but i think the suit in the movie showed off some of his intelligence and crudeness/brutality.

DBZFan
yes the same thing I thought.

Metroplex
I didnt really like the way the movie changed Daredevil's powers when he needs water to see better. in the comic book, Daredevil can get a good picture in his head of the thing around him just by "feeling" the things around him using his senses.

BOPRecruit 16
i thought that was so cool the way he can "see". i think that was the best part in the movie.

DBZFan
Happy Dance thumb up yes

Marvelgeek
Finaly people who is as irritated about these things as I am! I can understand some changes so it's more realistic on screen (even though I would love directly transferred comics onto the screen). But some things are just AARRGGH!

X-men: Mystique should be more fatal and conspiring, storms character all wrong, jeans charachter a bit wrong (got much better in the second movie (but still, a doctor?!?)), lady deathstrike should not be a mutant.
Wolvie and sabretooth apparently have no dark past together.

Daredevil: Radarsense makes no sense. He can "see" all the time not just when he makes vibrations with his billyclub! Intresting that he killes people. Where's stick? Totaly changed ben urich. I thougth everybody and everything in the movie were great exept for dd himself.

Spiderman: ORGANIC WEBSHOOTERS?!? What is this, spiderman 2099?!? Where's mjs aunt anna? Flash thompsons haircolor (tiny thing, I know, but irritating). Spidersense a bit comfusing and explaining wallcrawling interesting.

Hulk: Have not yet made up my mind. But WHERE IS RICK JONES?!?

I apologize for the lenght and negativizm in this reply.
A Nittpicker I am.

BOPRecruit 16
maybe they'll add those people in later. after all, the story and material does get rearranged.

MaverickIce
No, they pushed it toooooo far with no Rick Jones..

BOPRecruit 16
i'm more familiar and know more about x-men: the movie and spider-man than i do about daredevil and the hulk. haven't seen hulk yet.

Superman5452
and dont forget Spider-man's Spidy tracer

BOPRecruit 16
cool venom avatar! yeah, i hope spidey gets those soon on the mtv series. in your siggy are you refering to percy of harry potter?

DBZFan
What I hate is the fact that you can get comics on th net.......They call it digitall comics.I would rather wate till the next month for the next issue.

DemonicGambit
Exactly online comics are terrible!!!! I want to feel the pages in my hand!!

And I doubt Superman5459 is refering to Harry Potter, he can't stand him

ragesRemorse
i diddnt mind the changes in the first x-men i mean i did but i could stomach them but the second was just garbage i watched an ep[isode of x-men evolution which is nothing like the x-men and thats what it felt like watching when i watched x2 the characters seem so different and there all so damn young like kids and shit x-men were just that men or ok woman but not girls and boys the two youngest characters with the x-men in the comics were iceman and jubilee, ice man was 19 and jubiee was 16 jubilee diddnt stay with the x-men to long though she went to the x-force for training

DBZFan
Okay so we should complain to the creater of x1 and x2

lil bitchiness
Is there any good comic book that hasn't been turned into a movie?!?!?!
League of extroadenary gentelmen!! Even that has been turned into a movie! Grrrr
Some comics should have better been left as 'comic'.
And does anyone else thinks that Rogue was all wrong...and where the hell was Gambit!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! mad

Paola
We all hope Gambit will be in X3...... in 2006

lil bitchiness
Well....thats gonna be a bit hard to fit in that already messed up story....Gambit was ment to have saved Rogue when she was a child....hmmm....

Hegemon875
Yes Jean is a doctor even in the comics it's just not brought up often

BOPRecruit 16
hey, i'm not picky, so i don't got much to complain about in these comic book movies for except about dd and batman.

DBZFan
I just hope they don't mess up DC comics too.........Not adding Superman movies, I mean in the old Super man movies you could see the string holding the guy up when he was flying.

Spiderman I think was sorta okay I did like the fighting seens.

All the for X-men movies only if they make improvements for the guy who plays as Wolvareen. And Rogue should of looked better not to menchin night crawler.

BOPRecruit 16
what?! hugh was fine as logan and everyone else that you mentioned dbzfan!

DBZFan
I for one thought Spiderman looked week.*Sticks out tounge*

BOPRecruit 16
he did not!

Puresugar12
I think Nightcrawler looked great in X2. Although I didn't really like X2, it wasn't because I'm a loyal fan of the comic background. I thought it was too long, drawn out, and boring at times. I thought the first was great.

I think Spider-Man was a great film. They only had 2 hours to create the origin of Spider-Man, Goblin, introduce all the characters, and do the big fight. And then paced the movie perfectly.

I was happy with Daredevil. I didn't like that they fit Elektra, Bulls-eye, and Kingpin in one movie. Nor did I like how weak Kingpin was. Hopefully they'll work on that.

The origion for the Hulk in the movie was good and made sense, but I hated the fact that his dad was a super powered villain and I hated that horrible fight scene at the end between them.

So far I've heard that the current list of Marvel movies in pre-production are Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Deathlok, Iron Fist, and for some reason that I'll never understand, Sub-Mariner. He was a horrible comic character and I will never see a movie based on that character.

BOPRecruit 16
i loved x2!

DBZFan
no expression Never mess with a comic fan named BOPRecriute 'couse some how it drags on.

BOPRecruit 16
hmph! sorry! i heard that there's going to be a movie of silver surfer and there's some more but i can't remember.

DBZFan
Like Ghost Rider?

BOPRecruit 16
yeah. check out the news at Superhero hype.

Puresugar12
Yeah. Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, The Punisher (obviously), and Hellboy (which is already filming). Some of the comic characters like Silver Surfer, Sub-Mariner, and even the Fantastic Four wouldn't translate well to the big screen. I say leave those on the comic shelf. I'd like to see some of the kick ass Batman mini-series' turned into films. That or the 30 Days of Night comic series...pimpy.

DBZFan
My brother goese to that message board!

BOPRecruit 16
ghost rider, batman, and silver surfer sound the most interesting/promisising.

DemonicGambit
Anyone going to go see the Punisher movie? I'm not sure if I want to yet, I mean its staring Stallone. Not that he's a bad actor or anything, but I don't know.

BOPRecruit 16
maybe, when i learn more about it.

DBZFan
lol like you would remember.

Puresugar12
The Punisher starring Stallone? Sylvester Stallone? You must have your facts mixed up. The Punisher aka Frank Castle is played by Thomas Jane (from Deep Blue Sea and The Core) and the main villain is played by John Travolta. No Stallone.

keif
there was a few things i didn't like in daredevil, i didn't like how they made bullseye kill crazy..in the books he only killed for money thats it..he wouldn't have killed the old lady for talking,i dind't like how ben urich didn't work for the bugle,i didn't like daredevil letting that guy die by the train,i guess i am old school comics i don't like my heros killing except in western comics and war comics...but all in all i think affleck did a good job as daredevil,now talk about poor movies did anyone see the dr.strange tv pilot?the old spidey tv series live action kept to the comics except he only fought gangsters pretty much i don't remmebr any super villans though i will admit i watched them when they orginaly aired as a kid so my memory may not be perfect...blade kept pretty true,marvel is finally making good movies it's pretty bad when up until blade the best marvel movie was howard the duck...

Jason Wyngarde
i want less wolverine in x3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.