Vampires

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VampirePrincess
Since I am the "Vampire Princess" I wonder what is everyones favorite Vampire flick?

Mine has to be Interview with the Vampire... It was a film not really meant for horror though there was horror influence to it but I think the film was meant to capture vampires as souls that are lost in a world that created them cruel. Anne Rice create romantic vampires... She was not the first but she was the one that really expaned the litature romance of a vampire. I always thought they were more dangerius then any zombie or villian anyone can create and my reason for that they are unexpected. They are romanitic and can lore victumes more easily then any other creator on the face of the earth besides humans themselves.

Favorite Vampire actor?

I have to go with one of the most ultimate vampires Dracule and i have to say the best style of Dracula came from Gary Oldman.... (I think that is his name it is late so I kind of get confussed) but anyway he showed two sides of a vampire which you can never see any where else in film. The humanity of a vampire and the evil of a vampire. In the film Dracula they really focused on the fact Dracula is Vladimir or Vlad... Which is interesting because the book itself never mentioned Vlad anywhere but his name.. But thats beside the point. Know to capture the appeal of a Romanian Prince most of been interesting. Vlad Dracula is one of the most skepticle myths in are history. With all the legends behind Vlad because of Stoker and his work its no wonder an actor protrays Dracula as Vlad... The whole look of the long haired Romanian is no surprise to me.

Anyway a lot of people can protray vampires well.... Some who never had the pleasure being one you can see a sexual vampire within them. Even films that portray vampires as ugly beings always have a sex appeal. Take the film Vampires... I never seen a film that devotes it whole idea that vampires are merely walking dead yet have the main villian a beautiful suductive vampire.

Traditionally vampires are more hideaus like Nosferatu then of Gary Oldman. But hey thats just how the media portrays vampires.

GABRIEL05
Ya' Know sis, I never thought of Vampires as scary. Sorry. But my favorite vamp flick is Dusk til Dawn

BackFire349
john carpenters vampires, dusk till dawn, interview with the vampire. darkness. dracula dead and loving it, and the original dracula with bella legosi.

Ikobe
John Carpenter's rocks!

Evil Dead
My favorite is probably John Carpenter's Vampires..........with Bram Stoker's Dracula running a close second..............From Dusk 'Till Dawn is my favorite movie out of all listed above but I don't actually consider it a Vampire movie..........it's more like a "ghoul" movie.......

Metroplex
My favorite is Interview with the Vampire. I'm a really big Anne Rice fan, however i think Queen of the Damned really sucked. I really like From dusk til Dawn. Never saw the sequels of it.

Evil Dead
Good thing you didn't............As good as From Dusk 'Till Dawn is, Texas Blood Money and The Hangman's Daughter are bad..........probably two fold.

Tex
Shadow of the Vampire

Metroplex
Oh yeah i forgot about Shadow of the Vampires. ITs a really good movie. I thought that the movie was actually real.

Baylin
I like anything with Vamps, although I'm quite keen on some of the comedies like Love at first bite, the original Buffy.

ChinaNiki
I liked Lost Boys, but back then anything with Keifer was cool.

Tired Hiker
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen has a decent vamp woman. In one scene a man is holding a gun to her head and someone offers her help as though she were a damsel in distress. She says, "What makes you think I need help?" Then she turns and bites the guys face and blood goes everywhere, that's cool.

Tired Hiker
Ooops. Spoiler didn't work.

badkittykitty
thats alright with me that it didnt work. she was a cool vampire but omg did I dislike that movie! I like the vampire from innocent blood and interview with a vampire is classic,followed book really well.

I seen a preview for a new vampire movie coming out and it looked so good!

ElmStreetFan01
Dusk Til Dawn (1,2,3), John Carpenter's Vampires, Interview With The Vampire and Queen Of The Damned.

Metroplex
Queen of the Damned kinda sucked. Actors were bad. I really want to see them do a sequel to Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat. Its a really good book.

BackFire349
i thought queen of the damned was the worst movie ever made.

Tired Hiker
But that queen is soooo damn hot. That sucks that she died. Ahh. She was so damn sexy when she'd dance all seductive and slowly move her hips when she walked. She could bite me anytime she wants.

Metroplex
Too bad Aaliyah is dead sad she was really good in that movie.

BackFire349
no she wasnt. that was gods way of punishing her for making that horrible decision. yeah, bring on the hate male.

ragesRemorse
Best vampire flick bram stokers Dracula, it captures the essence and what we percieve as vampires best even though it was kind of dry just for character development and script is why i say its best , that and nosferatu, my fav of course is from dusk till dawn though any movie quentin tarrentino is involved in is great, even though some of the movie got down right cheesy that was part of the appeal of the movie, the story still kicked ass

hayden's minx
Interview with a vampire - hands down.

Killer
Queen of the Damned (yeah.. i LOVE it.. **** you ) Interview with the Vampire, The Lost Boys, and The Forsaken (well it sucked, but Ryan is in it.. so its AWSOME)

and I can't stand Jonh Carpenters vampire movie.. it just SUCKS!

wicker_man
My favourite Vampire Movies are:

All hammer horrors starring Sir Christopher Lee as he rok's.
Carry on Screaming: Sort of a vampire film.
The Lost Boys: Probably my favourite Vampire movie ever
Blade: What can i say the guy is so stylish
Dracula 2001: Totally underated and such a refreshing change to the origin of Dracula.
John Carpenters Vampires 1 & 2: So corny but strangely compelling.
And i hated the film but love the series so i am gonna put it in anyway Buffy The Vampire Slayer and its spin off Angel both rok.
Dracula Dead & Loving It: I just think this film is funny not his best but still funny.
Salems Lot: Man that film scared me.
Nosferatu: The film was made around 1932 and even up against todays modern vampire flicks it is still rather scary.
Shadow of The Vampire: The docu/film made about the strange goings on surrounding the filming aforementioned Nosferatu.

I would like to see Queen of The Damned - i do own it on DVD but at the mo i am watching Stephe Kings Rose Red & Id also like to watch Foresaken the concept sounds so cool.

CptJackSparrow
I agree with ragesRemorse, my fave vampire film was Bram Stoker's Dracula, Dracula being played by Bela Legosi (sp?). I thought it was really well done for the time period, and it will always stand as a classic, definitive vampire flick. I'm a sucker for older/original things, but I truly thought it was very well done and showed vampirism without being too graphic or effects obsessed.

BackFire349
dont bother seeing queen of the damned. its horrendously stupid and not scary at all. it was simply made for all the wannabe gothic people who think anything with vampires is cool and evil. one of the worst movies ever made and so bad that it may ruin all vampire movies for you like it kinda did for me.

bravegirl
Interview with the Vampire!! Love that movie!!

iron zombie
Blade 1 and 2

shaber
Of those that I've seen, Wes Craven's Dracula and the original Blade are the most memorable.

ANGELIQUE
MY FAVORITE VAMPIRE MOVIE OF ALL TIME IS DRACULA(1931)
I ALSO LIKE NOSFERATU AND THE ONES WITH CHRISTOPHER
LEE,LOVE AT FRIST BITE AND DRACULA DEAD AND LOVING
IT,ONLY GEORGE HAMLITON AND LISLIE NEILSON COULD GET
AWAY WITH MAKING FUN OF THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS!
I LOVE BELA LUGOSI!!!!!!!!

rinoa
my top film has got to be interview with the vampire queen of the damned was ok if you can sit back and just watch it as a movie in its own right but if youve read the book beware it has been trashed my second at the moment has to be near dark i think it looks tacky when you suddenly get face morphing and all the cross aversions i also liked the way dracula 2001 went down a different route instead of the usual vlad one to explain why he exsisted.

Daywalker
#1 Blade

Others: The Lost Boys,The Breed and Queen of the damned

DemonicGambit
There are few vampires in movies that I like, even if I am a fan of them. But I am gonna have to go wit' the vampires from Blade, they were okay

BackFire
For the record, Queen of the Damned is the worst film I have ever seen in my life, it was an abomination of everything good in film. It was less of a movie and more of a bad MTV propoghanda music video for souless and mindless goths who will just devour anything vampire related.

Not only that, but it's storyline was just laughable, it was like a 90 minute music video, but really really shitty.

Voorhees
Id have to say Lost Boys is my favourite vampire flick.

Daywalker
Honestly, there are no vampire movies that scare me so I wouldn't know the difference. They do entertain me though. Queen of the Damned was a fun movie that was more hip and up to date. Most people feel that vampire movies have to be all historically correct and follow a certain pattern like the Bram Stoker film but that gets old fast. Vampires are eternal creatures so why not place them in another setting? Some people are stuck on tradition I guess.

While there are things I didn't like about the QOTD storyline, I enjoyed it overall. A real quality horror movie is hard to find anymore and you'll be searching for a long time for anything near perfection but if you find one, let me know.

claidisa_felton
i just finished watching interview with the vampire. i think i speak for some people when i say, in austin powers stylee, WHY WONT YOU DIE!!
damn my mum was peed at that film. she has this thing about me not watching 18 movies mad aaaah well. i watched it anyway even when my little bro (only 8 years old) grassed on me. jeez im sorry. didnt mean to give you my whole life story laughing out loud
aaanyway, the point i was going to give was...interview...is the first vampire movie ive seen, but ive asked for the novel for christmas. hopefully my mum will get it....not sure...cos everyone says the book is better than the film and the film was good..so what im trying to say is..interview with the vampire is my fave vampire movie. phew.

BackFire
I had no problem with the setting, I was just bored out of my mind throughout the whole movie, I think that's why alliya died, because god was pissed that she took part in such a horrendous film.

goo
dracula 2000 very inventive very very very under rated

Daywalker
Fair enough, all films can't please everyone but overall I believe it did do well at the movies so i'm not alone in thinking it was a decent film.

I'm not going to touch that Aliyah comment at all. May she rest in peace.

wicker_man
^ Agreed ^

Dario Argento
I really loved Paul Morrisey's Blood for Dracula.

BackFire
Queen of the Damned did pretty poorly in theater's, a fairly decent first week, then word of mouth spread about how bad it was and it was pulled quickly.

Daywalker
That's a movie I never saw in theatres but i'll gladly buy the DVD. Sometimes I could care less about what the majority thinks because as it has been mention, there are alot of movies out that have been under rated because people are looking for the wrong things in them.

BackFire
Indeed, but Queen of the Damned is not one of them.

Daywalker
Ok Mr. Ebert roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
Damn right Mr. Snipes wink

Daywalker
laughing laughing out loud laughing Touche'

heatherfeather7
I like Interview with a Vampire and Dracula 2000. There also used to be a series called Dark Shadows that was all about vamps. I don't like the old version that they show on Sci Fi all the time, there was a newer remade version that I think aired on regular tv as a mini series that I really liked.

Pirate_Girly
I liked the Lost Boys

Lord Shadow Z
Blade and John Carpenter's Vampires. I thought Lost Boys was good but it got a little comic with those vigilante vampire idiots.

sk8rpunkbarbie
i like the spoof dracula dead and loving it but i also like the interview with a vampire and queen of the damned actually ne vamp films at all!

Killer
IWTV
The Lost Boys
QOTD
and The Forsaken

i guess

BackFire
Interview with the vampire is a very good film, despite it having the typical, cliched crappy homoerotic vampires. It was very well made.

But Dusk till Dawn is my favorite, it's so campy and silly, but it's so much fun, and the vampires look freaky in it, wow, what a concept, vampires that i would actually fear in real life....clever..

sk8rpunkbarbie
back fire howd u make ur sig small anuff?

zombieman
What vampire movie is it were the vampires have like a spike / thorn that comes out of their tongue instead of fangs????

zinh
I like the old time feel of a vamp movie. Interview with the vampire was sweet prolly the best non-dracula movie close second was blade(only for the action though). Bram Stokers Dracula was my fav about the original man with fangs.

Love the history of Vlad. Crazy guy evil face . Prolly why I liked BS: Dracula so muchsmile

namarie
favorite vampire: lestad love

Lord_Andres
John Carpenders 1 and 2, and the Blade 1 and 2smile

Aesma
-licks his lips, and nibbles lightly on his lower lips- Mmm...

I'd go with Interview With A Vampire on this one. I find it more fascinating on the rest overall.

sk8rpunkbarbie
lestat yummy

Vampiree
leeeeeestaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat love

shifty *grabs lestat and drags him to her room*

I love all the vampires. ALL OF THEM. Well, maybe not QotD vampires blink Vampires are delicate, sophiscticated, intelligent and PERFECT. How can't you love them? Of course IwtV is a masterpiece. And NOT a horror movie... miffed I hate when ppl consider it a horror... IT'S NOT!

sk8rpunkbarbie
well can i have ameadeo *scratches head coz she dont know how to spell it)

Vampiree
ye can always spell it armand big grin

ANGELIQUE
I THINK VAMPIRES DO HAVE A LOT OF SEX APPEAL,
THE FRIST TIME I WATCHED DRACULA I WAS HOOKED
AND I HAVE BEEN A VAMPIRE FAN EVER SINCE,OF THE
GOOD LOOKING ONES-I WOULD TO BE STONE COLD
CRAZY TO THINK THAT NOSFERATU WAS SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nastybutlerbob
All you Vampire fans should check out Sergio Lapels Drawing Blood. Its a very artistic vampire film about a female vampire wh is a painter and her mortalslave/love interest who is having second thoughts about his position as Diana's (the she-vamp) property. Great indie flick.

Vampiree
nosferatu??? that 1979 nosferatu????? sick

WildIrishRose
Any one here seen "Near Dark"? Good vamp film...very unique...and the word vampire is never used in the moviestick out tongue

Gabri_Krueger
ok...

Cinemaddiction
IIRC, "Near Dark" was kinda of boring, slow, plodding.

Pirate_Girly
I love Vampires. My favorite vampire would always have to be The Lost Boys. Blade 2 comes in second after that.
The best vampire in the world is Don Henrie though, he is really hot and i like him a lot. He Rules All.

Dario Argento
If you want to see one of the most beautiful horror movies ever made you should see Carl Thedor Dreyer's Vampyr.

Pirate_Girly
Never heard of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.