Rebel E-Wing fighter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
ok. ive seen a-wings, b-wings, x-wings and y-wings. what does an e-wing fighter look like? anyone know of a site where they have a picture?

yerssot
it's in the databank of starwars.com

Rogue Jedi
thanx, yerssot. ill check it out.

yerssot
http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/ewing/eu.html

Rogue Jedi
i checked it out. has the e-wing been in any of the movies? i dont think so, because i know the movies scene for scene, word for word. tell me if i am wrong.

Ushgarak
Nope, it is an EU fighter.

Rogue Jedi
i knew that.......(NOT) laughing

Godrifle
I've made my own render of the E-Wing in 3DStudio Max, I'm a huge star wars fan and a fair modeller, so I'll post it here. It's not done yet though. The first link is an image of the toy of which I used for reference, the second image is the model itself, which you can compare with on my accuracy.

geocities.com/godriflesmodels/b.jpg
geocities.com/godriflesmodels/k.jpg

Enjoy. If you'd like to see some more EU done, tell me which one, and I'll consider taking the time to do it.

Ushgarak
I'd best shift this to the EU area first...

Dexx
dunno..it doesn't load them with http:// or www.

Godrifle
well it needs the htuhtuhpee and the worldwideweb before you put it in. I'm really not allowed to post links on this forum because the forum fears I will spam it. Anyway, I'm finished with the fighter... it's at hteeteepee://woawhyweb.geocities.com/godriflesmodels/n.jpg ...replace funny names where needed. If it doesn't load, it's probably maxed out on bandwidth... you know geocities.

Dexx
yup...i hadn't put both www and http. nice..

Captain REX
Not working for me... sad

Here's another E-Wing pic.

Rogue Jedi
hmmm.....very battlestar galactica.....

Captain REX
I suppose I would want to fly it in a space battle, but not for looks. Just survival. It's fast and has good armor and shielding...I suppose...

Rogue Jedi
give me an x wing any day.

Captain REX
Yeah, I know...

Rogue Jedi
or a chiss clawcraft.

General Kaliero
I'll take my Arnian ship... that thing's WAY too rickety...

Dexx
hmm..a coral skipper...used PROPPERLY

Rogue Jedi
forget everything else i have said about which ship i want, but remember this: SLAVE I rock rock

Rogue Jedi
forget everything i have said about which ship i would want, but remember this: SLAVEI

Captain REX
Nah, Slave I is not very manueverable. I'd want a Jedi Starfighter. Modified of course. big grin

Rogue Jedi
the slave 1 has more armaments and a lot heavier shields than the jedi starfighter. jango seemed to have no problem keeping up with the "more manueverable" jedi starfighter.

Rogue Jedi
dash rendars "outrider" is pretty cool too.

Captain REX
Even less manueverable, though more manueverable than the Falcon.

Rogue Jedi
so you would rather have a jedi starfighter in a space battle rather than the outrider, falcon, or slave 1? remind me never to follow you into battle.. big grin ....you wouldnt last long.

Captain REX
The Jedi Starfighter could dart around all of those ships when piloted by a sufficient pilot. Obi-Wan seems to fly so he can get somewhere rather than for combat.

Rogue Jedi
so, imagine this: luke in an x wing vs. obi wan in the jedi starfighter. who would win?

Captain REX
Luke. Piloting runs in the Skywalker blood. But if Luke were in the Outrider, Falcon, or Slave I, Obi-Wan would win.

Rogue Jedi
nonsense. the slave 1 would be a match for anything 1 on 1 short of a star destroyer.

Captain REX
No, not really. In Rogue Leader it is a slow hunk of junk with lots of firepower.

Rogue Jedi
ok..good point....there is another star wars novel (i forgot the name) that talks about how manueverable the slave 1 is.

Dexx
no..i think the slave is a good ship. More that just big fire power. Remember now...obi didn't win. he just hid himself. Now..jango isn't exactly a bad pilot...but luke, in one..i think he'd win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.