Is this paranoia?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ikobe
The Matrix is set, as Morpheus and The Animatrix explain, at the 'height of human evolution' or whatnot, a mere century away from where we are now... isn't that a bit scary? The possibility that something like that could happen really freaks me out... At the rate of technology advancing as it does now, the Second Renaissance could be more real than we think it is... eek!

Also, what's to say that something like that doesn't actually exist, and that we're plugged in this very moment?

Your thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated.

~Ikobe

bigbadbike2
Well if it does, We have given the machines a great idea.

Korri
i think your right the films could be a way of telling us sumthing....you never know the matrix could be more real than u think and we r all connected to the matrix i have thought this for sometime

u never know wink

The Omega

nickjs21
ikobe, chill. there is no matrix.

man, no one freaked out like this when the terminator came out . . . nowadays the youth is just way too ready to believe things. we all must be desperate for someone to tell us something big is going on.

*shrug*

just relax. look at it this way. you're watching one of those movies where everything happens and then right at the end the main character wakes up and realizes it was ALL a dream (like bob newhart or something). why don't you freak out then and say, "my god, what if all of this around me is just a -year dream?!" certainly i think that scenario is much more likely. but no cool special effects, so you don't think it's as cool if it were true.

i think, omega, your signature sums it all up . . .

Ikobe
I didn't mean it extremely oh-my-god-I'm-living-in-the-Matrix-ack, I just thought it was interesting that perhaps something like that could happen... oh, and I haven't seen Terminator (any of them)...

~Ikobe

nickjs21
well, not to get off-topic, but you're depriving yourself. go out and rent t1 and t2, immediately. i think t2 happens to be one of the best action movies ever made.

Korri
i know i will big grin

Labyrinth
that WHY the matrix is so cool cuz it COULD happen and more importantly we often wonder IS it happening, my aunt once told me movies dont come from no where, bacally say all movies MAY eventally happen, may happen in the future, or is goin on now and we dont kno it...

well as we kno now thre matrix has been reset and reset by a number of ppl from the old zion and the one...no normally the old ppl of zion tell the stories to their childen and what not and then putting them in the vault bascally

Ikobe
And there's the Oracle of course!

~Ik

nickjs21
???

it's so cool because it could easily happen? wha? a gigantic computer program with six billion people plugged into, so completely ensorbed in the illusion that they aren't aware it's a world where they can bend gravity and fight program agents?

just HOW is that an "it could happen" situation?

Altar[1stONE]
Perhaps the Wachouski brothers are rebels like , Morpheus and the gang . Maybe they know the truth and they really are trying to tell us something. The matrix is something with a common belief ala Satan the devil. The devil said his biggest trick was to make men believe he didn 't exist. Its our human nature to automatically think the matrix isn't real , they make it that way or the machines make it that way. To absolutely guarantee that humans will watch the matrix , and for a second believe its happening , but then realizes its only a movie . sounds exactly like the thinking of a machine to me.

Muahahahahhahahha!!

chica16
i wish lord of the rings could be real... i'd find legolas and do him

Vim
Now, that was funny big grin big grin

JavX
The Movie is based on an actual belief system.. try searching for Pre-Matrix movie belief system This theory was arround before the movie!!!

nickjs21
chica . . . wow.

chica16
haha... i have set such high goals for my life

Another_Smithy
Ikobe son people would say your out of your mind, your a phsyco freak that needs to get a life, but Im not one of those people. Yet it is a story and a fiction story at that would we even be alive to see it? Also how do you know we are'nt in the Matrix right now and the government is actually all Agents and the Secret Service is actually more secret then we all thought, paranoia is a human beauty to a certain extent, without paranoia many theoies and inventions would not be possible without it.

nickjs21
smithy, why do people always ask that? "how do we know we're not in the matrix, etc, etc . . ."

how do you think you are? we could just go around in endless circles with that question, so there's no point in asking it.

ikobe, i don't think you're out of your mind. you're just . . . wrong. everyone is at some points.

Ikobe
Couple things.

1. I'M A GIRL. Yes, as hard as it is to believe I am female.
2. I suppose the problem with putting things out in text is it can sound a lot more serious than it is meant. Okay, so there might, just might be a Matrix but trust me, I am not looking around every corner for an Agent (although I do see people on a regular basis that look like Agents...)

~Ik

nickjs21
they're called insurance salesmen. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.