Giving Blood

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigbadbike2
So I decide to give blood for the first time on Wednesday. I have no fear of needles and do not get nausiated(sp) easily so to me this isn't a big deal. However, my simple help to humanity begins to get more grusome(sp) as I begin to give. First the lady who is going to take my blood looks like she wants to murder me. I was not he only one who noticed either. Even another nurse said, "She doesn't look very happy to see you." I (being slightly brave and not so smart) proceed to the table everything so far is fine. She jabs the needle in (just a slight stinging) and I begin to give blood. The decent into my personal hell begins when she decides this process is not going fast enough and she needs to speed it up. So she decides to move the neddle whilst it is still in my flesh. Instead of being gentle and nice she begins to twist the needle. This does cause pain as you could guess. She keeps twisting for about five minutes before she decides to leave it alone. Finally after finishing she removes the needle. Now because of the severe tear in my skin the bleeding will not stop. Another five or so minutes pass with me holding my tortured arm upwards before the blleding slows enough to bandage me. She decides now to clean the wound with Alcohol. Add another point to the evil nurses record for me. Finally over. Whew I get to leave. I do now have a throbing arm with a neon pink bandage wrapped completly around my elbow joint. Okay I cannot remove the bandage until midnight and I can't bend my arm. Well today, five days later, from the middle of my bicept to the beginning of forearm arm beautiful shades of purple, black, and Blue. And Yes, It still hurts.mad Sorry I just needed to vent some. sad

Kes
Damn! I dont like having neddles stuck to the inside of my arm! Any place else is fine, just not the arm!stick out tongue

bigbadbike2
This will probably be the last for me.

robincooper
ouch! sounds harsh i had a blood test before i weren't afraid but now after the pain..... you know what i mean!

LilySatine
*Flinches at thought*
When my mom gave blood, was sick for weeks. Since I resemble her, it'll probably happen to me as well. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tired Hiker
Give blood, play rugby.

Corran
I don't give blood, I play rugby and take it.

Kes
That line is at the end of an email in the x-files game stick out tongue

DeepThought
I've given about 3-4 times, and never had a problem... don't let one bad experience stop you! sad

BackFire349
no its mine.

Tex
Did someone say blood?http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/vampire.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.