The end of the realmatrix in 2012 ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rebell
I'm curious what people think about the fact that in 2012 the Mayan calender ends? Because when you translate Maya you will find out that it means illusion.So it means that in 2012 the illusion calender ends.

twisted-signs
Where did you get that from?

And yes, it seems like the matrix is going to end or something..

Metroplex
Well since the Matrix is not real and is fiction, so i think it will have no significance to this

twisted-signs
Ehh .. i didnt get that.

But the illusion ... it could be that the matrix will end .. who knows?

rebell
Well it,s like this:the Mayans have an astronomical calender this calender ends in 2012.In their belief Earth has been created and destroyed in an endless cycle. In 2012 the calender's 6'th and final period ends.Just coincidence?

Kes
If you mean the real world is a matrix and will end in 2012 please seak (sp) help! lol jk
Maybe the Wash. bros know about that and incorporated it to the movie.

Celsius
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
hhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!
*runs screaming from the forum*

nickjs21
no. i think he means we have found a major influence on the matrix plot: the mayans believe the world has been destroyed and recreated 5 times already, and the sixth time will be the last. just like in the movie.

i think that's what he means.

chica16
*head explodes* ahhhhhhhhhhh

nickjs21
what, chica? what aren't you understanding?

Evil Dead
The Mayan calender actually ends on Dec. 21 2012.........there's an exact date if you have plans for any last wishes you want to fullfill before you die.

Crash_Overload
Um hum. just 1 queston. What does (sp) mean???

And also watch out. The christian guy who found the actual date we use today, say 2003. is 4 years behind. Meaning we are in 2007. So the end will come on Dec. 21 2008. OR still in 2012, just now we have 5 years instead of 9. Or 1 year if you use the former date. (2008)

GABRIEL05
What if my plans are to live till a ripe old age?

Well I guess I'd better get started.

nickjs21
(sp) means the writer is unsure if the last word was spelled correctly or not. you'll usually see people who don't speak english as a first language using it.

Anubis The God
This Anubis.

The world isn't ending in 2012. Don't get scared.

Celsius
we'll soon find out.

Stovenutts
its only a few years.

Snake721
We have just seen the begining of AI in the past 10 years so in another few years what if in 2012 that is when the AI will take over and will create a new world that may be known as The Matrix cause of these movies.

GABRIEL05
http://www.sciforums.com/archive/32/2002/11/4/12845

This freaked me out when I first saw it. But I chill now foo'

Korri
omg blink

pslice
Why cna't you people just watch the goddam movies

GABRIEL05
We did.

Korri
i watch M1 everyday.....is that sad? embarrasment

zerobrick
rebell, I beleive. I knew about the mayan calendar a little and get to the same conclusion. "somewhere in the beginning of the 21th centaury", "it's the 6th time"... too bad I'm not comfortable with the bible, maybe neo is the antichrist, or jesus himself?! hehehe... (seriously). the scientist said (30 years ago) that the biologic structure is unsaveable. so what if matrix is not a film only, but it's real? I beleive it's - or it will be - real. I've seen the T3, and the message was the same: the judgement day WILL come, and we can do nothing but try to survive. I think it's also for real. too bad nobody seems to beleive what I beleive, but there is no need for this. Remember Noe (or Neo, the One?)!
Live long enough
best wishes
zerobrick

audioheem
so your point is that there will be more matrix films until 2012 (or 2008) and on December 21st or roundabout then, the series will end on the 6th person.. so we have more matrix films to come? yay and.. urgh.. i fail to see how far they can go further than number 3. Mind you, I heard that Keanu & co. were signed up for 6 Matrix movies... anyone know anything about this?

audioheem
zerobrick, granted that the theories of the matrix and matter of fact ANYTHING else is just as plausible as the idea of God or aliens etc, i still think its just a film... a means of entertainment, although the matrix expands the borders of a film from just entertainment to a philosophically questionable film. anyway, take it with a pinch of salt. also... It's pretty obvious that judgement day will come one day.. depending on what you call judgement day.. end of the world? judgement by God? big big war? lol, either way i thought t3 was a poor attempt to remind people who arnie was before the california election and just make money like every film. big grin

JediHDM
This is something to think about:
In Matthew 24:34, Jesus says "I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." Here he is talking about the end of the world. There are many Christians, myself included, who believe that he was referring to the final generation, and more importantly, the generation that say Jerusalem back in the hands of Israel, as "this generation". Throughout the bible, 40 years is generally the amount of time refered to as a generation. If Jerusalem became the capital of Israel in 1967, approxiamately 40 years from then would be 2007-2008. You can think of it as a coincidence or whatever, but i find it an affirmation of the Bible. Just something to think about, for those of you who don't see coincidence; for those of you who see Providence.

zerobrick
hi.
Well I need to think about it. I'll read that part (maybe again, who knows; too bad I'm not a Christian). Anyway, from the point of the Matrix films, the "fact" is that the AI will be created somewhere in the beginning of 21th centaury. It's quite possible it'll be created in 2012 I think. T3 was not a too good film, but it was entertainingsmile I like the Terminator series anyway (as an action-film hater can like it). Too bad people see everything from the view of money. "give it none away..". Yeah, thats right. So what if. M3 will be interesting. too bad I have to play myself throught that stuped ETM game to get the full story... but I think it's for reason, too (a message, perhaps). But which is which, and who is who? is there black and white i mean. I damn too young for this... born in 1987, if it has any meaning. and 101 is 5 in binary... zzzzz.... too late here. tiredness... see you

Crash_Overload
OKay... how many people read what i posted 2 months ago?

AND got what i mean't by it?

JediHDM
i understood what you were talking about, and i was going by the date that is generally accepted, not the TRUE date.

audioheem
post it again for us who werent around then

Crash_Overload
i did. but here is is again.

And also watch out. The christian guy who found the actual date we use today, say 2003. is 4 years behind. Meaning we are in 2007. So the end will come on Dec. 21 2008. OR still in 2012, just now we have 5 years instead of 9. Or 1 year if you use the former date. (2008)

audioheem
oh yeah i saw that.. sorry

VenomVA
Dec. 12, 2012...
isn't that the date the Smoking man told Molder that the Aliens would finally attack Earth on the last episode of the X-Files? hmmmmmmmmm

I know it's off topic but I think that's the date.

icon
incase you guys havent realized, most these shows actually think of this stuff before they put it on. it's not just coincidence. it's made to make people think "Is it coincedence, or the truth?" like many of you are doing. The matrix theories come from many ideas brought together. Influences of the terminator series was put into play, along with ideas from a few certain religons and cultures. Which religons and cultures, I'm not sure, but I do know that it is from some because back when M1 came out, I read it in a Time Mag.

smokin'

Crash_Overload
Almost each main religion. I don't follow X-files, but they said that?

Captain REX
Makes sense to me...

zerobrick
This familiarity is impresses me, too. Is there anybody here who knows (who was Vera Lynn) how to find out more about the Maya Wheel?
Also, I read Crash_Overload posted, I think I misunderstood the other post by JediHDM (too bad, my english is not too perfect ;b). The X-Files siries were interesting but I don't think they know what means what they said. The many things put together is not that we build this theory on everything we can, it's basically based on the Mayan Wheel and the Matrix film series, which seems to be more than a simple american movie I think (many artist made better films but not much Hollywoodians), it's seems to be more, than a film. I get the T3 idea from an interview of Arnold Schwarzenegger wich I've seen on TV (by lucksmile). He is a very clear personality in the film world, I like him, so thats why I wrote about the T3. I think that now the most problematic part of our argumentation is that we beleive that these series are only for money, or money and philosophy-propogation, or it's for real. Do you remember the book in which he stored the his cracked programs? The same problem, I think. So the next step maybe is to follow the white rabbit. Hehehe... I don't read enough, but some of you surely knows, so let me ask: what is the white rabbit? I guess something about Alice in Wonderland (whoa, bingo...). I don't have that book. Too bad. So, please let me know, if it's not too much. I promise I'll read the book if I have the time. And also, is anybody knows how can we find out the astronomical stance in 2012 or in 2008? And who was that christian about this -4 years idea? How can I read more about it? I have to search more. We have to search more. It's not that long time... We don't have time anyway. It's in the bible. The time is shortening or something like that. Hmm... I have to get an english bible... I don't know how you call these prophets and so on... argh... is hate a thin. remember Noe.

Bye

JKozzy
bunny This is a bit odd.. blink

sentinelrv
What is odd, the post before yours? He sounds like he gets a little crazy at the end there.

Shape Shifter
Well the wachoskis did mention that the films were not actually based on any said religion ie neo is not jesus etc etc

Dark Vengeance
You actually believe a buch of 2000 year old mayan crap? they also believe the world was on the back of a turtle. Do you belive that too? roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dexx
wow..he asked that like a year ago. As we can surely say that the end of the world isn't coming in 2012, we can surely not bash an incredibly advanced ancient civilisation. we still don't know how they built a lot of thigns they built, neither how did they achieve such performances in astronomics. and they most certainly didn't believe the world was on the back of a turtle, when they were already studying other planets wink

Dark Vengeance
I personlly believe that they had contact with life from other planets because they had no wheel or pullies and how else can you lift a ten ton brick?

Korri
i thought this thread was dead sad

§words point
It is undead!

JediHDM
believe me, don't discredit anything from ancient civilizations until you can find a way to prove or disprove everything they asserted. even their legends and mythology is based on fact, so it wouldn't surprise me if some 'predictions' are based on fact as well.

ragesRemorse
Come on you dont believe that do you? I mean i was expecting the film to stop in revoltuions and the wachowski brothers were going to come out and say yeah, Neo is supposed to be Jesus

What the hell does the matrix have to do with the mayan calendar? The diddnt predict the world would end in 2012, they said that on Chirstmas eve, i forget what year, but anyway, on christmas eve animals and machines would turn on man. I know the Mayans were genious's but if you believe this, you are out of your skull, sounds like a bad stephen king novel

Now the mayans reached knowledge that our societies wil lnever reach,they knew all about star constalations, and the Earths revolutions but they were probably smokin a little to much paoti when they predicted animals and machines were going to turn on man, i know your all htinking this is crazy but there is an actual prophesy on this

JediHDM
well, yeah, they did predict the end of the world. they predicted the end of the current cycle, when a pathway through the universe would open up, in 2012.

theterminatorx
this is some heavy stuff!!

JediHDM
not really...this is pretty light compared to what we used to go over...way back when.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.