Debbie and Carrie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
My sister just told me that actress Debbie Reynolds is Carrie Fisher's mom. Carrie even looks like her. I can't beleave I didn't know that. Did any of you?

queeq
Yes.

And if you ever saw the movie "Postcards from the Edge" you know how she felt about living up to the legend of her mom. Carrie wrote the book after geting clean from drugs and alcohol.

queeq out

Darth Daft
Who's Debbie Reynolds? The name sounds familiar but I can't place the face.

Gundark
Yes, I have known a long time that Debbie Reynolds is Carrie's mom. Eddie Fisher is her dad, although Debbie and Eddie have been divorced a long time. Debbie Reynolds was in a lot of 1940's and 1950's black and white comedy movies.

King Jedi
She is in a film called "In and Out" with Kevin Kline and that is directed by Frank "Yoda" Oz. Just a useless Star Wars link for you all.smile

Ratcat
Debbie Renolds had a very broad career that extends from the 1940 right up until the present day. She played Kathy in Singin' in the Rain, one of my all time favorite movies.
This year she's providing the voice of Lulu Pickles for the Rigrats in Paris.
She's still actively making movies at a rate of 2-3 a year on average.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.