Sports

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xizor
What are your favorite sports to play and watch?

My all time favorite has to be basketball because I love to play it and watch it. I also play golf in the summer and ski in the winter. I like to watch football and baseball(although I hate the Yankees<D).

Darth Daft
I also love to play Basketball although its not on TV much over here in UK. I love football (The British kind, Soccer) and Cricket and Baseball are quite fun too. I actually like snooker as well.

Ratcat
I love to watch Formula One Grand Prix Motor Racing, expecially with Ferrarri and Schumacher doing the business at last this year.

Used to play Rugby, but not since I left highschool.

Now I swim, trainin in the Gym and do Aerobics. (Not really sports but as close as I get unless you include rollerblading!)

Gundark
My favorite is American football and I watch some Nascar racing, but not from beginning to end. I like ice hockey (Pittsburgh Pens my fav)also. I mountain bike, hike and do aerobics (at home with a videotape). My other half and I have been canoeing about 10 years now. We do 2nite/3day trips up in the northern part of Pennsylvania where we are about 50 miles from the nearest town. We have wetsuits and drybags for our gear..tent camp in cold and rain, whatever mother nature throws at us. Usually end of April or early May while the water is still up. Boy, could I tell you guys some funny stories. Most important thing to remember is that when you're wearing a wetsuit, don't wait too long to go pee in the woods. We also watch most major tennis events if we can catch them on tv.

UnknownBountyHunter
I love Snow Skiing, Open Country Snowshoeing, Hunting, Fly-fishing, TR Kayaking, Snowmobiling, Dog-sledding, and I just got into watching Arena Football, but yet I am not into team sports. stick out tongue

Jedimaster3838
I love baseball, I played it my whole life from 5 years old through all of high school. I also played basketball and then tennis and golf just for fun. I like to watch football(the American kind, sorry but I strongly dislike soccer).

Ratcat
UBH, I sure hop it snows a lot where you live or you'd be awefully bored. smile

UnknownBountyHunter
Two words, Bavarian 2000. One of the world's largest snow-skiing events. Its a cross-country skiing event lasting 2000 meters. By the way we get 10 meters of snow a year, easily.

Darth Daft
Over here in UK we just get a ton of rain fall upon us all the time. Damn, I hate this place.

UnknownBountyHunter
Hate is such a strong word, just say favorable dislikes. Stimmt?

Gundark
My fiance and I used to snow ski, but after he tore his ACL ligament in his right knee, he couldn't ski anymore without further damaging it, and is holding off on surgery as long as possible. I don't have any girlfriends who ski and its no fun going by yourself. sad

UnknownBountyHunter
Gunark, du Madchen?

Xizor
UBH, we discussed you using German in contexts we can't understand.sad Thank you for not doing it again. Skiiing rules! If you include recreational activities as sports I also: Fish, canoe, bike, hike, rock climb, spelunk, camp, ice skate, water ski, sail and have been known to illegal scuba dive and be wrongly arrested for Poaching" coral. But that is another story.smile

UnknownBountyHunter
Sorry, when I get tired, ich use German! My apologies, all I did was ask if she was a girl.

Darth Daft
She is indeed a girl. I'm not sure if she understands German though. I myself only know one word and that's fuehrer (spelt wrong, most likely)

Gundark
Yeah, UBH, I'm a girl, and in your haste to toss your native tongue in my direction, you forgot the "d" in Gundark. I'll have to talk to the emporer about this. (Just kidding smile ) Also, a little tiny piece of additional information for you, my fiance's mother was born in Germany and lived there until she was about 18. She met his dad during WWII and they married and moved to America. Her mom still lives over there but her dad died in WWI in a Russian prison camp. I'll ask her what the name of the town is where she's from cause I forgot. I can also ask her to translate any more tidbits you post here. evil face

Xizor
God Bless America My home sweet Home!!!!!!

Xizor
That last comment was to be sung, while singing kneeling or bowing your head in reverence would also be acceptable. But seriously do all you europeans look down on us as I've been told? I mean we're sorry for buying all those SUV's and then complaining about how expensive our cheap gas is.smile

theEviljedi
I just love Lacross and Football.smile

UnknownBountyHunter
Hehe, Gundark, "some" things shalt be repeated in German NOR English. smile

Gundark
Checkmate, UBH. smokin'

UnknownBountyHunter
I hope that means "Gotcha" and not "I have figured it out" stick out tongue

Darth Heinous
I like martial arts (esp. the Ultimate Fighting Championship), gymnastics, bodybuilding/weightlifting, and soccer. I seldom watch football, but I love to play it (especially with no protection). I love running and crashing into the person in front of me. My favorite "stunt" is when a much larger player tries to block my advancement. I call this my "Suicide charge". I run straight at the player as fast as I can and shoulder charge or I do a diving/or running headbutt right through that person. Yeah, sure it hurts and you get banged up. It's rough and it's fun. I haven't dislocated/broken any of my bones (yet) in this roughness.

Xizor
We played Tackle football all the time when I was younger. Neighborhood kids would converge on this field down my road and we's beat the @#$% out of eachother for several hours, then go home muddy and happy.smile

Ratcat
Sounds like a typical Rugby match when I played at school.

Gundark
I used to play tackle football when I was younger with the neighbor boy who was a year younger than me. It was one on one though, so when you actually slipped past the other person there wasn't really a lot of tackling involved. I used to be a real tomboy. I guess I still am, since all my girlfriends think I'm a freak when it comes to SW. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.