Return of the King at Academy Awrds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

P-NuT
Tolkiens ROTK is undoubtably the best of the LOTRs books, and as the previous two movies (FOTR, TTT) have been nominated for best picture at the academy awards I would surely hope top see ROTK win best motion picture. The story and characters now have so much background from the previos movies that it sets up for the conclusion perfectly. If ROTK dosent win best picture, something is wrong.

turin
well i think there is something wrong and it wont win. it certainly deserves to win as did the others, but awards judges for some reason like the artsy films and the films that do really well at the box office ussually dont win best picture. Kind of stinks, they should listen to the people, power to the people!!!! lol

undomiel
I couldnt believe that Chicago won over the two towers

Ushgarak
I prefer the TTT book to ROTK; in fact I think ROTJ is the worst.

But in any case LOTR has been suffering at the Oscars because it is one big story split in 3, far more than, say, Star Wars is, and the Academy is wary about giving continuous awards to one story.

So ROTK is far more likely to win awards than the previous two; next year should be the LOTR year.

chica16
oh man dont get me started with the oscars and LOTR... haha, they like crap like The Hours... that's crazy I can't believe Chicago won either.. uh i just won't say anymore lol

chica16
This should be LOTR's year to win at the oscars, c'mon now it's finally a complete story and ROTK should be the best one... if it doesn't win it's because the academy's a bunch of douches and they didn't pick it because it's a fantasy,, i can handle the excuses for it losing the past two years because they said it wasn't a "complete story" they have no excuse now.... haha... seriously i'll be mad...
mad mad mad sick mad mad mad

undomiel
I was so mad when Chicago won over TTT

Kes
Well the problem is that even now that it is complete story the movie it self is just 1/3 of the story. If they do give the Oscar they will be judgying the 3 movies. Kinda unfair for the others.

P-NuT
i would like ROTK to win more oscars the FOTR. Unlike when star wars won 6 oscars in a new hope then didnt win any more (tell me if i am wrong) for the remaining two, i want the ROTK to win at least 5 oscars. Peter jackson has earnt at least one best director and one best film.

chica16
peter jackson deserves best director.... he didn't even get nominated this year.... i know some people are pissed off at him but he's definetely better than the other directors up for it..
i guess it doesn't really matter though cause in 10 years i'll still like lord of the rings and i won't remember what got best picture of 2002 or anything like that

Another_Smithy
Yeah Chicago was pretty poopy in terms of even being a movie...just because it was a musical. LOTR will have some competition with Matrix Revolutions too, I hope both do well.

Ushgarak
Merged threads- do try and look out for topics that are already being discussed when making new threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.