Joruus C'Baoth in Episode II or III?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xizor
It would be cool if Joruus C'Baoth appeared in Episode II or III. He is a darkside clone of the late Jorus C'Baoth. "He would be a great accent."

Darth Heinous
This is a favorite topic no doubt! I said before Jorus is NOT old enough to Qui-Gon Jinn's master. Qui-Gon's master lived to be about three hundred.

Xizor
Well if that info is true, nix the C'Baoth as Qui-Gon's master thing. Yoda and Mace couldn't be it either. Where did you hear that info? I'm going to start a topic on that, so respond there and let's keeping talking about how C'Baoth could fit into Ep2.

UnknownBountyHunter
I wish Kelic Qel-Droma and Nomi Sunrider's time was more into the future, then one of them could have been Qui-Gons's trainer. *sigh*

Jedi Mercenary
ULIC qel-Droma you mean UBH

Jedi Mercenary
by the way, doesnt it seem strange that in Empire Obi-Wan says that Yoda trained him, when Qui-Gon seems to be his master in EP1

UnknownBountyHunter
Yeah I meant that, my mind is Veeeeerrrrrrrrryyyy tired right now, I have to go work in a half hour, so *sigh*

King Jedi
I read somewhere that Yoda trained Obi-Wan when he was very young in the Jedi temple but when he had to explore the galaxy, he was given to Qui- Gon as Yoda very rarely left Coruscant. So he was really trained by both of them.

Jedi Mercenary
Ok, I read this in "A guide to the star wars universe" ok, "Jorus C'baoth lead the delegation sent to Alderaan to determine which royal family should receive the title of Viceroy, and helped rule in favor of the Organa family."
so, what Im saying is that Ani and Obi-Wan help Jorus with his delegation, thus making Bail Organa Viceroy in EP2.

UnknownBountyHunter
I thought you don't rely on reading materials King Jedi? Anyways, I believe that was Phantom Menace the novel. I am not sure, you can correct me if I am wrong.

Jedi Mercenary
who are you talking to? king jedi hasnt made a post here.

Xizor
The whole Alderaan viceroy thing was also mentioned in Dark Force Rising when Luke searches the imperial files for info on Jorus. It's a great idea to fit that scene into Ep2. You can show an awesome character(C'Baoth), a new planet(Alderaan), show how Ob1 trains Ani and have it be the first meeting between them and Bail! I read that Yoda thing somewhere to, apparently Yoda discovered Ob1 and had him trained on Coruscant with other youngsters from like 4-12. Then he's assigned to Qui-Gon, they go off on missions and Ob1 makes his lightsaber. He would stay with Qui-Gon untill his master brings him before the council to be accepted or rejected.

UnknownBountyHunter
uhhh?!?! confused Look again Jedi Mercenary.

Jedi Mercenary
oh!!

Xizor
If we see C'Baoth: Do you think we should see Jorus go to Alderaan with Ob1/Ani or should the first time we see him be his capture, execution and cloning by Thrawn?

Snarlingcur Matt Dalrymple
I'm not real big on book characters apearing in the movies, just to have them, but I think Jorus C'Baoth or Joruus C'Baoth would fit nicely, considering the Clone Wars and Alderaan connections.

Xizor
Good call! I've tried to make that point several times with cool book characters(Thrawn, C'Baoth and my man Xizor), I'm glad some of you can realize it's potential for greatness.

Dark Lady Mara
Well, GL has said he doesn't read the EU and doesn't care, either. So I'd say not too likely.

Xizor
Meaniesmile The old JC'B sites re-opened so post there and close this one. Thenx

Darth Heinous
Of all the novel characters Joruus C'boath should appear in Episode 2 or 3. It would be nice to also have Thrawn make an appearance also.

UnknownBountyHunter
You can't have too many bad guys just appear, but if I had to choose I would choose Joruus C'Booath.

Xizor
Expanded Universe Bad guys who should appear:
1) C'Baoth as the JM whose killed by Thrawn and cloned as an evil dark Jedi whi guides the cloning factory.
2) Thrawn as the agent who kills C'Baoth and later as a Admiral in the clone fleet, getting his military genious on
3) Xizor, minor role in Ep2, small one in Ep3 as Palpy's evil confidant, scheming against the Jedi and fighting with Vader

Dim
Do you think they'll have time to get into all that Xiz?...It would be nice to get some small parts in...but I wouldn't get you hopes up...

Darth Heinous
Anything is possible.

Xizor
If they wanted to make the movies better and more appealing they'd find the time ti fit in cool S**t like that. It's better then seeing Ani go shopping and hang out at 50's diners.smile

Dim
Yeah but those are for wooing...and this is a love story. Doesn't it just make your little heart go pitter pat? smile

Darth Heinous
Joruus C'boath should be in Episode 2 or 3! Perhaps he will kill that stupid and annoying Jar Jar Binks.

Jedi Mercenary
forget Joruus, let's have more of Jar Jar rolling on floor laughing evil face

Ratcat
OH please, people that EU character will never make it into EpII.
We already have our future emporer and Jar Jar will probably
still be kicking around in Episode-III.

It will be oh
so tragic in EpIII as people are dieing left, right and center.

Darth Heinous
All the more reason to have Joruus C'boath help in killing off
the Jedi Knights.

Ratcat
Please expand on that, cos at the moment it's just a case of
throwing his name in there. Also, I have read the book but remind
us of JC'b's history, it may help give credence to you thinking.

Jedimaster3838
C'Baoth will not kill any Jedi. In the books you have his evil
clone and the clone wasn't around during the prequel trilogy.
If we see him at all, he'll be lightside, but don't hold your
breath on seeing C'Baoth or any other EU characters.

Darth Heinous
I think you're right. I just reread the Heir To The Empire Sourcebook. Jorus C'boath's body was in the large rectangular stone in the crypt of Mt. Tantiss. Darth Sidious/Paplatine already is the Emperor. He hasn't cloned C'boath yet! Therefore Joruus C'boath will NOT be in Episode 2 or 3. This FINALLY concludes the rumor of Joruus C'boath appearing in the Prequel Trilogy. This topic should be closed.

Ratcat
"Heir" was the first ever EU book I read and that was years ago, it was only available in hardback when I read it.

Anyway, I remeber one book, possible "Heir" where look meets the Joruus C'boath, who is clearly evil, and ends up nearly loosing himself to the darkside.

Anyway, I guess this was the clone you refer to. The original Joruus C'boath was good though? (Like I said it was a LONNNGGGGG tome ago that I read it).

So was he a Jedi Knight or just a force user?

Jedi Mercenary
it's true that it's not likely any EV character will go into Ep2

Darth Heinous
Jorus C'boath died BEFORE The Phantom Menace. I read that in Thrawn Trilogy and the sourcebook(s). His clone, Joruus C'boath, was created until much later (as I stated above). Therefore, neither Jorus, nor Joruus will be in the prequel trilogy. Perhaps one of them will appear in another novel someday.

Dim
So, when was his clone made?

Darth Daft
Clone Wars, gotta be.

Darth Heinous
After Mount Tantiss was completed.

Darth Daft
And when abouts was that on the Star Wars timeline? 10 years before ANH?

Ratcat
That puts it way past EpII&III

Darth Daft
I know, but Heinous said Joruus would not have been made until a LONG while after TPM. And Heinous certainly knows his stuff about EU so I won't disagree. I know I said Clone Wars, but I was just being silly.

Ratcat
I will bow the DH then, my EU knowledge is somewhat limited. My movie cannon knowledge used to be a lot sharper, but time drags on and all that.smile

Darth Daft
Yeah I'm quite the same. I only know very basic EU knowledge, but after using the Behind the Magic CD ROM my knowledge of the movies themselves became very large.

Darth Heinous
Jorus C'boath died a LONG time before Obi-Wan Kenobi was born. He was captured by Thrawn on the Outbound Flight Project 64 years PRE-EMPIRE DATE. There is NO WAY he will be in the Prequel Trilogy. Don't believe me? Read pages 52 - 53 in Chapter 4 of Dark Force Rising. I know one of the Jedi Apprentice novels said he was alive, but that author was NOT Timothy Zahn. Tim has the "rights" to Jorus and Joruus C'boath. Therefore the forget that Obi-wan walked by Jorus because it never happened because Obi-wan NEVER was alive when Jorus was. This has nothing to do the Clone Wars. One final thing Joruus C'boath was created AFTER the Clones Wars ended. We will not see either of them in Episode 2 or 3! This ends the disscussion on Jorus (and Joruus) C'boath appearing in Episode 2 or 3. You're just wasting your time if you post about how you think they will appear, because they WON'T!

JediOasis
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it said in HttE that C'Boath was sent during the Clone Wars to try and find a way out of the galaxy in the Outward Bound Project. I don't want him to appear, I love the EU but the movies are Lucas's story, but based on the EU I think C'Boath would technically be alive.

Yerial Poof
smile There was a very old rumor Christopher Lee would play Jorus. That in itself has been contradicted and it seems Lee is going to be a villain.no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.