Qui Gon and Count Dooku.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
was dooku just provoking obi wan by telling him that he could have used qui gons help? would qui gon have actually joined him? i dont think so. qui gon was a rebel of sorts, but to go against the republic, the people he has sworn to protect? no.

Ushgarak
No, of course QGJ would not have joined him- very clear good guy/bad guy divide in Star Wars.

Rogue Jedi
yes, i agree. but, as we have learned, a good guy can turn bad very easily.

cookies2006
yea but i dont think he would've
not if obi1 was by his side.

Rogue Jedi
if qui gon was still alive, he and obi wan wouldnt be together near as much as they were in ep.1. obi wan is now a jedi master, with his own padawan to train. however, if qui gon were alive, anakin would have been his padawan, while obi wan took on another. who knows?

tlp
All meant to confuse and amuse us..
Obi would not have Anny and QGJ would. THerefore a whole new twist to what is evolving now..hmmmm

yerssot
OB1 never got to the rank of master

Rogue Jedi
you sure, yerssot? i thought yoda referred to him as master obi wan to the jedi children. i might be mistaken.

yerssot
yes, master as in "the dude has a padawan"
jocasta nu on the JC of SW.C said that he never reached the rank of Master... that's all I know I think

Ushgarak
Yeah, which is not to say he is not effectively a Jedi Master by ANH, orf course, just that with the Order extinct he had no official status in that department.,

kkais
He is a master to the children DUH!! He is a Jedi knight and when he fights dooku he is defeated to fast and easily to have the skills of a jedi master

yerssot
that has nothing to do with it

Rogue Jedi
dooku was older and more experienced than obi wan was.

Bagels
Who's to say that any of that would have happened period had Qui-Gon lived? I mean, don't you guys find it odd that Qui-Gon gets killed my a Sith Lord, and then his former master goes and joins one?

Dirty Vader
Okay us seeing the good samaritan Qui Gonn in the movies wipes out any thought of treachery on his part. But Qui Gonn seems to be a bit of a rebel, disobeying the council.
"If you'd follow the code, you'd be in the council"

"Dont go against the council, not again master"
"I shall do what I must Obi Wan"

Hmmm I dunno, he might of actualy joined dooku.

Ushgarak
Not obeying the code would have no association whatsoever with joining Dooku!

And it is not odd at all- it's just part of the whole Master/Apprentice family saga of Star Wars.

Swordfish2k0
I think what Dooku was imlpying was that Qui Gonn knew of the deceit in the senate and being a little rebellious would not have accepted it like Yoda and the rest of the council did.

wuTa
i think qui gon could have turned...yoda even said how he was defiant...if u look at it closely its not clear cut that he woulda been a good guy if he was alive during the aotc

yerssot
he still served for the good cause, a sith like Dooku doesn't

there is no way that QGJ would have turned to the dark side as OB1 said already in AOTC

wuTa
and like dooku said..he knew qui gon just as good as obi wan ...qui gon was a rebel of sorts he did things in the interest he thought were best not what the jedi or jedi council thought were best he very easily could have turned

yerssot
nope, that was to lure OB1 to the dark side, playing his weak point: your master would have done it...

like, QGJ was his mentor, his friend
and to show that a REAL master would join, cause OB1 just got Anakin to fulfill his promise, it wasn't his choice at all

wuTa
how can u be so sure qui gon woulda never have turned

yerssot
biggest clue you get is that his padawan said he would have never done that, it was clear that dooku tried to lure OB1

wuTa
he was trying to lure him but that doesnt necessarliy mean he was lying...he wasnt lying about sidious controlling the senate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.