Yoda's act......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
when luke first encountered yoda in ep.5, why did yoda act like a crazy fool? maybe that is a bit harsh, but his behavior sure was strange. my guess is that he was trying to get a read on lukes character before he told luke that he was actually the person luke came to see.

Ushgarak
He likes being enigmatic

Rogue Jedi
yeah, that too. yoda seems to have a sense of humor.

BLADE
It was a test of Luke's patience.

Rogue Jedi
like i said, he was getting a read on lukes character.

robincooper
also he was probbaley assesing his level of arogance, for yoda says even a lot of jedi are arrogant in episode 2 and by acting the fool yoda can see how aroggant luke actually is by setting little tests for him eg "you must stay here snd complete your training" and he doesn't he goes off and gets his hand chopped off.

DeepThought
I wonder how much influence Frank Oz had on the character? Obviously he gave us the distinctive voice and speech, but how much of Yoda was from George, and how much was Frank?

yerssot
the walks and all, was all about Frank

cookies2006
Yoda is so wise. He has a test for everything.

Ushgarak
Wasn't wise enough, was he?

cookies2006
What ya mean?

Rogue Jedi
i think he means that although yoda was wise, he, like obi wan, was not infallable. after all, dooku was his former padawan and look how he ended up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.