Are people of Zion necessary to the Matrix ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

n3m0
I have a question for everyone out there. There is one (of many wink) things i don't get. Why do the mashines risk the release of bodys that become unplugged of The Matrix. And then let them escape to Zion, when they could very easily liquify them and feed the rest of the bodys - as they already do with the dead bodies of the Matrix. Why risk the creation of Zion? Why is it so important for Zion to exist ? Surelly it can't be just to reject the 1% that doesn't accept The Matrix, since they are rejected when they wake up.
I hope that someone has some logical answer to that.

rysdigital
if there is no Zion, there is no resistance, and Neo wouldn't have been freed from the Matrix - never becoming the One, and never returning to the Source (to reload the Matrix).

Kes
Also they can't control everybody that wakes up. And Neo was flushed, the Neb just showed up and got him.

skule
i cant understand that though, why does the matrix need to be reloaded/restarted? Sounds like its a microsoft platform or something big grin Happy Dance

Stovenutts
well when someone wakes up they are unplugged becuz they are "waste" to the machines and they get flushed down.the only reason I beleive ther is a zion is becuz its in a second level of the matrix(dont disscuss here) and zion is a place made to keep all unplugged people in one place to destroy all of them easily.

The Omega

n3m0
Yes but isn't it a bit "not simple" for the machines thinking to create an outside holding area for the awakened of The Matrix than to simply use them as food for the rest? And as for the quote that they can't control all of the awakened, i don't think it can stand because the machines are controlling a few hundred thousand dead bodies daily. Surely they can control the awakened. And as for the blackmail I think a blackmail could stand even within the matrix."Do this or all die". Let's not forget that the simple way is the machines thinking way. winkThere must be an other reason for Zion to exist.
And on an other thing are we really that sure that the Oracle is the "Mother" of the Matrix. I think the Architect is just being patronising when he says "Please" to Neo's question about the Oracle being the "Mother".

Agent_Smith
is the architect human? confused

Agent_Smith
wait, stupid question laughing out loud laughing

The Omega

Evil Dead
"well when someone wakes up they are unplugged becuz they are "waste" to the machines and they get flushed down.the only reason I beleive ther is a zion is becuz its in a second level of the matrix(dont disscuss here) and zion is a place made to keep all unplugged people in one place to destroy all of them easily"

Actually I inferred from the Neo being freed scene from the first movie that the machines unplug those who are awakened because the machines believe the person to be dead.........they are flushed into the waste system.............I took from the movie that when the person's input/output carrier signals were disrupted, the human was no longer receiving messages from the machines (hence waking up) and was no longer sending messages to the machines which lets the machines know they are alive.

Kes
messed

Vim
Okay who was listening when the Architect was speaking? The reason there is a Zion is to make the One return to the Source! Hello?? Is anyone listening to me in this things?? I think I make a little sense!

n3m0
The problem is that you all have an idea of what has happened and you fail to explore new possibilites. All i am saying is that it doesn't really make any sense to go to all that trouble to kill an anomaly. Which of the things that neo does, could not be done if he was still plugged in. And it is a little simplistic to say that Zion exist for Neo to go to the Source. He could go to it from within the Matrix.
Omega> Why is it that this kind of blackmail would not work. It has the same excuse as the present one. The real threat is destruction of the human race and not Zion. Zion is to be destroyed and nothing can change that( as far as the Architect says).
This is a conversation for answers. Not the presentation of people who think they know all answers just because they think they understand what the Architect said.
Keep on looking................

LegolasLover411
I think the question is "Is the MATRIX nessesary?" It's Bull although...the Dog dude is cute...... shifty

sum1butno1
Isn't that liquid that Neo is dropped into what liquefies the dead? The machines realize that the muscles of the people who have just jacked out of the Matrix have atrophied, so they can't swim and will drown and be liquefied. It's probably a better system than if they sent out sentinels (or used something else) to kill each individual person who wakes up.

Numo
It seems to me that the machines have no choice. When someone wakes up from the matrix or dies in the matrix (which is probably the same thing), the guardian releases the body from the womb it's in and flushes it to - what looks like a stream which carries the person or body to the processing plant where i guess you're then liquefied. It's then up to a ship to locate you in time before you reach the processing plant, hence the need for RED PILL which is a trace program.

sum1butno1
Of course. Duh. I totally forgot about the fact that the liquid is probably just the stuff the people live in for most of their lives.
But what collects the bodies, and where was it? Because it didn't look like the liquid was moving, so the machines wouldn't depend on it to move anything.
And the red pill also serves to sever the connection to the system, does it not? Otherwise what caused Neo's hallucination with the mirror?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.