will harry develop any new powers in book 6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charmaine
hi my name is charmaine ive been reading all the harry potter books and in every books he seems to be getting more powerful and stronger he powers are forever growing in book 2 he discoverd that he has the power to talk to snakes which he got from voldermort when he got the scar voldermort transevered some of his powers to harry what other powers did he get do you think and what other powers has he got that voldermort hasent will we find out in book 6

charmaine
what powers would you like harry to have in other words

Malfoy's chick
hey remeber at the start of the fifth book how Harry asked Tonks if someone could learn to change looks and Tonks said yes, but it would be difficul

What if Harry learnt it? Then no one would know it was him. Maybe he would learn that

charmaine
that would be so cool to learn hoew to hide his scar or better totally change his looks

unibrow
tonks didnt say that she said u have to learn the hard way which means with a wand and incantation if u wanna change ur looks...she said that metamorphamagus are born..u cant learn to be one..

personaly i think if harry wants to get rid of his scar he should just get plastic surgery wink

charmaine
thats so mean and totally off the topic

Laviera_j
Yeah, totally.

If harry could change his looks, he woukld hide from the world and I do't think that Jk would want to do that...

But he could show an interest in Animangus' so he could see Lupin just like his dad did.

I think he would change into an owl if he could.

charmaine
i agree laviera i think harry will become an animagus
and laviera i am really sorry for yesterday

Zandra Shinto
You know, a lot of people might suspect this, but I think Harry is the Heir of Godric Gryffindor. I mean, c'mon. The red and gold sparks that shoot out of Harry's wand when he gets angry at the Dursleys, when the same sparks shoot out of Harry's wand in PS/SS when he trying to find the right one, and even Dumbledore said to him in CoS, "Only a true Gryffindor could pull that out of the hat." I dunno if it might be a coincidence, but it's just my opinion. It would be really exciting though.

XxSamanthaxX
I think it's a bigger chance that Dumbledore is the heir of Griffindor.
Although with all the surprises that Dumbledore is laying on Harry.... it's a possibility.
But hopefully the next book will be a bit cheerier then book 5.... and maybe they'll get a better Defence agenst the Dark Arts Teacher wink

bawax
i'd like to see harry become an animagus.

he'll probably have occlumency lessons and get good at at other then that i'm stumped, i'm as imaginative as a peanut. smile

LilyGinnyBlack
I don't think that Harry will gain or be any of those things! I think that Ginny will be the animagus (a cat), 'cause JK said in an interview that Harry, Ron, and Hermione wouldn't become animagus. I also don't think that Harry is the heir of Gryffindor... though for a long time I had, I think he will be the heir... of one of the other houses.... one that he wouldn't expect..... wink

XxSamanthaxX

Zandra Shinto
Well, if Harry hadn't butted in, the S.H would have put him in Slytherin, but it doesn't mean he's Slytherin's Heir, not unless when Voldemort tried to kill Harry the first time, and his spell backfired and he sent some of his traits to Harry, Harry magically became a part of Slytherin's Heir too. *shrugs* That one's just a guess, though.

And I don't think Book 6's gonna be cheerier. Well... maybe, but it might be more melancholy. 'Cause I mean, Harry might be more lonely and stuff. His parents are dead, and his godfather just died. There goes the only family that meant so much to Harry. Sure, the Dursleys are blood related, but that doesn't make them Harry's "family", with the way they treat him. But like I said, we're all guessing and have no idea. All we're going to have to do is wait and see. wink

XxSamanthaxX

The Bolleeks
Sirius was really cool but don't you think that him dying totally erases the point of the third book. which in my opinion is the best so far.

LilyGinnyBlack
Same here! big grin But, I have my own theory and Harry doesn't have to be related to Voldemort directly like a grandson or something to be a heir of Slytherin! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/shifty.gif

LilyGinnyBlack
Here is my theory:

My theory is that Slytherin's family branched out into two directions during the war against the last dark lord ( I forgot how to spell his name... Llaughing out loudL) anyway, I think that one side stayed on the dark side and the other went to the light side and had married a muggle. Now there child became a squib and supposedly so did the grandchildren, that is until Lily finds out about her powers, making it that Harry is the heir of Slytherin through his mother's side of the family.

Now, with the whole thing about Voldemort going after Harry and his father and not his mother is never truly stated in the series. It is just said that Lily needn't be killed, this could be that Voldemort didn't want to kill a heiress of his forfather and wanted her to join him and his deatheaters after her family was killed, yet he could just as easily kill her too.

So as I see it James was just the bother that Voldemort wanted to get rid of.

Finally, about the sword and how Harry pulled it out of the sorting hat. Dumbledore said that only a true Gryffindor could pull the sword out of the hat, yet that doesn't mean that Harry is the heir to Gryffindor, I see it in a different view. I see it as that it proves that though Harry may have Slytherin blood running through him, he is a true Gryffindor at heart and different then Voldemort. I imagine he will find this out toward the beginning of the seventh book or towards the end, either making him be in denial through the whole book and at the end see just how truely different he is from Voldemort or making Harry be hopeful through the book and at the end in denial... Either way, Ginny, will snap Harry out of his denial phase! wink big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.