Favorite genre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VampirePrincess
Whats urs?

BackFire349
whats goth?

VampirePrincess
Whats goth?

lol

Its anything from The Cure to Sisters of Mercy to Bauhaus to London After Midnight to Black Tape for a Blue Girl.

I can't really define it but its not metal... Its more like post punk new wave dark rock music.

BackFire349
ok. dont like those bands. mine is metal and classical and classic rock

Kes
You put rap and R&B together?blink
I like Rap but I also like the POD, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park,Guano Apes type thing. What would that be?

BondJamesBond
I like ALL genere's

BOPRecruit 16
i like mostly alternative/rock music, but at times it can be almost anything. just depends on my mood. i don't like pop as much as i used to. my fave song right now: the young and the hopeless by good charlotte.

battosai yuriko

Baylin
All of the above, except Britney.
I think my bestest would be classic/heavy rock followed closely by metal rock

Slowhand
JAZZ, JAZZ, and more JAZZ!!! It's where it's at!

Then follow that up with Fusion.

In a distant third, but still miles above anything else: Classic Rock.

Britney, and all her market share competitors, need to die. 'Nuff said.

dakguy
I'm into hard rock/heavy metal.

Especially the older stuff, I'm really not into the nu-metal.

GABRIEL05
Jazz Classical "world music" (african drumming) I never liked that term!!! It's a beautiful term but it's just the way they use it to describe anything non-western based. Harvard school of Econ Grad @$$holes

Augeybana
These bands would be labeld as Rap Metal which is mostly rock but some of the lyrics are in rap Linkin Park balances this the best and limp bizkit those the worst at being rap metal.

And rock is the best from at all.

Also Rap and R&B are total diffrant R&B is a nice form but Rap is a trashing form of Hip Hop it should be labbeled as Gangsta Rap.

Metroplex
I like all genre. But most of my CDs are alternative type of music.

*~PyrosLady~*
To me definitely Musicals and movie-soundtracks!!! big grin big grin big grin

ToMacco
I will listen to anything.

Except country and heavy metal.

-=Urot=-
I'm a junkie for house music!!!!

Sheepz
I love all music from Mozart to Sid Vicious.

Well that's with the exception of country, new rap, and some heavy metal.

Walter Simard
cool - I like all kinds of really good classic music, but I favour overall classic rock.

Darth Vicious
Salsaaaaa! mostly but i listen to evrything from The BeeGees to Eminem to NoDoubt to Celia Cruz evrything!

DemonicGambit
I like Rock, Classical and some rap metal.

Laviera_j
I love Evenescance, Linkin park, classical stuff, new age - all for me, and all for most of you guy too huh? cool one eye rock

le_sainte
i like r&b/ rap, and reggae! where did it go? did reggae die without me being aware?

Korri
im a metal/Goth fan myself

GABRIEL05
What about that band Keaunu Reeves is in? Do you like them HUH WELL DO YA!!??!

wicker_man
Metal and Rock for me plus Film scores they rok i like most sub rock genres and my band tastes include Nirvana,Red Hot Chilli Peppers,American Head Charge,The Darkness,Ash,Violent Delight,Muse,Zwan and S.O.A.D.

ObieTrice 26
I Like:Eminem(and D12),50 Cent(and G-Unit),Obie Trice,DMX,Tupac,and ok i admit it,i do sometimes listen to LimpBizket

Korri
yeah i like both bands that he is in
its ok u dont need to shout lol!!

Korri

Korri
yeah the Chillis rock!! smile

Killer
I geuss it would be considered 'Goth'... *rolls eyes*

ChinaNiki
i like just about anything
not that crazy about jazz, blues, or new age though
lately i've listening to Hindi music

Killer
hmm.. can't stand cRAP or Hip-hop the most.. there lyrics mean nothing and no one wants to hear about how they are a 'PIMP' and proud... that's ****ed up and anyone who calls that music is too!!

plus.. i am SICK of turning on a music channel and seeing girls in thongs walking around.. that's not a MUSIC VIDEO!!!!! that's just shows how ****in horney that dumb ****s truely are!! haha.. gotta laugh at them though.. they actully get fans.. :P

h0ck3yh0rr0r
plz listen to Tupac good songs one of my favorites are Tupac feat Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight. Not like other PIMP songs...Tupac was and still is the best...and r u gay cuz i cant believe u dont like to see girls in thongs in a music video lol and i dont really care about music vidoes only their lyrics

Killer
am i Gay.. and do i like seeing girls in Thongs..

well I would have to be a guy to be 'gay'.. which *looks down pants* I am not.. so by not liking girls in thongs on tv, would mean i am straight!

But 'gays' are very nice poeple, and if i was a guy... i would be 100% 'gay' and PROUD!!!

and if you want me to hear his music, you can give me a link.. i don't have time to search for one...

crazy_rock_chic
classic rock and metal yes

Korri
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/clapping.gif Bravo! well said!!!

ragesRemorse
I love classic rock and am addicted to led zeppelin ive got led zepelin runnin through my veins, so i guess you could say ive got led veins, other than that i like old metal and alternative rock like 3 doors down and jimmy eat world also like classical and some rap the people who try and put meaning in there art

el_barto
i like rap alternetive rock and punk i hate britney eeeeeeeeeeeeeggggggggghhhhhhh

BeladonnaLeBeau
Obviously Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, some Classical, then Celtic influenced, and very little Latino. Interesting mix huh wink ?

master harmax
Man, how come there's no category for Jazz ? The greatest music to have evolved in the 20th century ? Do I, like, have to go into OTHER, and tick that, and THEN specify jazz ? Does Jazz have to fall under the category of OTHER ? Nope. I say not. I say, Britney and the rest of that stuff should go into the OTHER category. So I guess I cant vote this poll.

finti
there is no catagory for progressive rock either so i guess they come under other

Isilcal
I like Rap, but thats just mebig grin

total metalhead
theres so so many...

death metal-Slayer, Morbid Angel, Cryptopsy
black metal-Dimmu Borgir, Eucharist, Celtic Frost
nu metal-Korn, Deftones, Mudvayne, Sevendust
industrial rock/metal- Nine Inch Nails, Orgy, Powerman 5000
speed metal- Prong, Cryptic Slaughter
punk rock- Ramones, Undertones, The Clash
hard rock-Foo Fighters, Glassjaw, Muse
grunge- Nirvana, Seether, Staind
ska- Mad Caddies, Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish
(quality)hip hop- Mobb Deep, Biggie, X-Ecutioners
Maynard rock- Tool, Tapeworm, A Perfect Circle

(i made the last one up embarrasment )

HockeyHorror
Underground Hip HOp/Rap

f.uck 50 cent
f.uck lil'jon and eastside boyz
f.uck nelly
f.uck ja rule
f.uck chingy
and f.uck all the weak wack mainstream rappers

that felt good smile

total metalhead
with all the cuss words censored, it looks like you've listed those guys as your faves.

HockeyHorror
LOL i hope i can edit

total metalhead
thumb up dats better.

and i agree. f.uck them. f.ucky f.uckety f.uck f.uck them.

HockeyHorror
lol

Isilcal
haha

LeAtHerRFace
I pick... Rap.

Myth
Um, somebody just made this exact topic like 2 hours before you. At least do a quick glance on the board to see if you are repeating a topic (its more understandable if its not on the 1st list of topics).

Kaleanae
I like grunge and is not there

stinkfist462
metal ..

Darth Revan
out of the ones up there, metal
But I would've picked just rock in general or both metal and punk

LeAtHerRFace
Damn, I didnt know that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ScottsLover
P-U-N-K!! smile

Viper
Metal

nazgulinthedark
other, country

nazgulinthedark
country! big grin

HockeyHorror
another one of these threads...

Underground Hip HOp/Rap

f.uck 50 cent
f.uck chingy
f.uck nelly
f.uck g-unit
f.uck lil jon and eastidddee boyz

that felt good AGAIN!

TrAnCeDuO
other, techno and alternative...

TrAnCeDuO
other,techno and alternative rock

Cinemaddiction
Hardcore. Alls I listen to is Hatebreed, Slayer, and Superjoint.

GABRIEL05
jazz

dewa mata beeotches!

emo, emo-punk/scremo, punk-rock, hard rock, techno, ska......i like those and some more

loserib
slayer and superjoint are not hardcore

Cinemaddiction
According to whom? Listening to Superjoint's newest CD, it would be hard to label them anything else.

Both bands are rooted in old school hardcore punk, although that's not what you'll find them under at Sam Goody or wherever.

PrefectRonnykin
punk and goth and grunge and metal and rock and other stuff

PrefectRonnykin
i bet it did and i back u up 100%

HockeyHorror
...this is why we dont need noobies. make us loose brain cells. but we need stupid people in society to balance everything.

Darth Quagmire
i dont get techno at all

it's really really fruity

PrefectRonnykin
I WANNA BE SEDATED

loserib
METAL

\m/ devil \m/

TrAnCeDuO
i highly agree with you....theres always someone with no sense in the crowd thats always gonna take what your say litterally...its as if theyve never heard of metaphors....gotta hate n00bs...

HockeyHorror
its not that i HATE noobs its that they bring some sort of "new" enviorment to our community. its like a minor plague that whipes out 8000000000000 members. lol

HockeyHorror
SOME techno beats are nice.

TrAnCeDuO
indeed they are...i mean i can kinda see where people are coming from when they say that techno is repetitive...but you have to take into the fact that theres only so many beats you can make before you have to sit down for a few hours and create some more....take darude for example...he basically repeated himself with his sandstorm beat....but now hes finally came out with a few new beats and such i think his new song is called music or something....all i know is that its finally nothing like sandstorm....

HockeyHorror
i honestly dont give a f.uck about the beats to hip hop as long as they have excellent lyrics.

that ******* 50 cent lives off his beats. and i dont they are his at all maybe Dre's or Em's.

TrAnCeDuO
oh i thought you were talking about strictly techno...as for hip-hop its kinda obvious that they plagarize off each other all the time....really annoying...

HockeyHorror
yes it is...but not all artists do this. I never really knew this but
whats difference between techno and trance? besides spelling lol

TrAnCeDuO
techno is...(damn...ive been listening to these for so long>_<...jeez...uhh hmm...i think its better if you look for some first cuz this is one of those things ya gotta experience for yourself)
i dont really know myself what the true differences are but these are all just my view of the music...
umm...well i see techno as music which is medium paced....and usually it has a mellow and up-beat feeling to it....(btw anyone who says moby's a techno artist should be slapped upside the head)and has some electonic beats to it...one example would be fisherspooners "tear
away"...its got a calm feeling to it while not being depressing...another example is "never" by roc project

but trance...its long...dramatic...very touchy....very slow...sometimes it drags....its kinda like techno meets music for meditation...one example would be "running on empty-beach mix" by diana fox(i think thats her name) and "hear you now"by dj hooligan and "stars" by morejaxx(not sure if i spelt the name right)

another subdivision of techno is rave music...this music isnt at all hard to find cuz most clubs play this...these songs are usually very fast paced....one example would be "voodoo"by white label... they feel like a crazed up sugar rush....

Darth Quagmire
i hate it how people ride 2pac's jock like he's god and listen to nothing but mainstream,and then start listening to underground because others suggest it and now they think they know what they're talking about

sound familiar hockey?

loserib
i would have called superjoints new record thrash metal before i call it hardcore

Kaleanae
* Bump

I like some gender mentioned in there, New Age, classical, Other..., classic rock, new wave and Rock (alternative)

j1barnes
rap,rock,country.......

j1barnes
mines probably rap and rock!

Soleran
Originally posted by j1barnes
mines probably rap and rock!

YEAH I love Bluegrass Rap, HipHopCountry!

AlkalineTrioRox
ROCK. the classic rock and punk rock.

LizzyT123
alternative, rock, old hip hop like Public Enemy, ska, and punk

Raphael Sorel
all except country. however i prefer techno

LanceWindu
My favorite kind is Post in the Right Forum...

LizzyT123
Originally posted by LanceWindu

hahaha, they are just trying to make conversation, lighten up Francis wink

Thorinn
Hard rock, electronica, some country, heavy metal, some alternative rock....

and thats aboot it. no expression

LanceWindu
Originally posted by LizzyT123
hahaha, they are just trying to make conversation, lighten up Francis wink

So? If they want to talk about music then they should go to the music forum.

Soleran

How can you be off topic in the off topic forum confused

The Pict
there is also a favourite music thread in the GDF.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Soleran

yes, this screams, RESTRICT ME!!!!!!!! lol, I don't think its a big deal

LanceWindu

Off-Topic in this sence = If it doesn't go in any other forum WITH a topic, therefore it is considered off topic and is thrown in here.

Therefore, if there is a set designated forum where it is supposed to be placed, it needs to be there.

Thorinn
me neither, but some like to patrol for anything not in it's place. barker

AlkalineTrioRox
alternative, rock, old hip hop like Public Enemy, ska, and punk

ska is a type of punk...i'm not trying to be a bietch, i was just wantin to let you kno

LizzyT123
Originally posted by AlkalineTrioRox
ska is a type of punk...i'm not trying to be a bietch, i was just wantin to let you kno

yeah, but you can't call all punk ska, ya know? like, old AFI is punk, but they are nothing like the Coventry Automatics, ya know?

Soleran
Off-Topic in this sence = It doesn't not go in any other forum WITH a topic, therefore it is considered off topic and is thrown in here.

Therefore, if there is a preset forum where it is supposed to be placed, it needs to be there.

lol oh the irony, does anyone like peach's?

j1barnes
well if you don't like it then get off of it then!

LizzyT123
lol oh the irony, does anyone like peach's?

hahaha, thats more like ADD

Thorinn
the only ska I know of is no doubt..confused

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Thorinn
the only ska I know of is no doubt..confused

well, they are VERY popular for a ska band. Most ska isn't played on the radio anyways, so not very many people even know about ska

LanceWindu
Originally posted by j1barnes
well if you don't like it then get off of it then!

We have rules you need to follow. no expression If you don't like that then leave the forum altogether. erm

ThePittman
80's metal. rock

Soleran
We have rules you need to follow. no expression If you don't like that then leave the forum altogether. erm

Yes the very first one is that you never stay on topic in the off topic forum, ok the rest are easy to follow!

Maybe a better thread for the Off Topic would be "What Band would you be on Tuesday if Snoopdawg was the PIMP?"

Meus Amor
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=59

LanceWindu
Yes the very first one is that you never stay on topic in the off topic forum, ok the rest are easy to follow!

Maybe a better thread for the Off Topic would be "What Band would you be on Tuesday if Snoopdawg was the PIMP?"

That is not a rule, as I said, Off-Topic does NOT mean you can go off topic in the threads, it means the threads have no topic that fits into the other threads.

AlkalineTrioRox
yeah, but you can't call all punk ska, ya know? like, old AFI is punk, but they are nothing like the Coventry Automatics, ya know?

yea, i understand u now

RedAlertv2
The most I could narrow it down is to say "Rock." I like way too many genres to pick just one. Though if I had to pick one it would probably be punk rock

Punkyhermy
Alt rock.Mostly. But my taste in music is quite versatile.

RedAlertv2
The only ska I listen to is Operation Ivy, and they are kind of a mix between punk and ska.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
Alt rock.Mostly. But my taste in music is quite versatile.

yeah, that is true. I generally don't like country/screamo, but I'll listen to anything else smile

LizzyT123
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
The only ska I listen to is Operation Ivy, and they are kind of a mix between punk and ska.

yeah, Operation Ivy, good stuff, you like Rancid?

RedAlertv2
Screamo really isnt a genre, so much as a vocal style

Anyone else like Grunge?

RedAlertv2
yeah, Operation Ivy, good stuff, you like Rancid?

I dont own any albums, but I dont mind them. Do you listen to Lars' band, the Bastards? Pretty good

Nazgulinthedark
country, instrumental, some metal

LizzyT123
ummm, don't think so, whats the name?

I've heard the Transplants, but I don't really like them

LizzyT123
Screamo really isnt a genre, so much as a vocal style

Anyone else like Grunge?

yeah, grunge is veeeeery cool, I like it

RedAlertv2
ummm, don't think so, whats the name?

I've heard the Transplants, but I don't really like them

Lars Frederikson and the Bastards

yeah, I dont like hte Transplants either

RedAlertv2
yeah, grunge is veeeeery cool, I like it

Right on. Fav bands?

LizzyT123
Lars Frederikson and the Bastards

yeah, I dont like hte Transplants either

no, I actually haven't heard of Lars' band then. Are they....good? lol

RedAlertv2
no, I actually haven't heard of Lars' band then. Are they....good? lol

They are alright. Nothing amazing or groundbreaking, but fun to listen to

AOR
eat JERRY JERRY JERRY!!!!

or errr,

WD WD WD!!!!

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by AOR
eat JERRY JERRY JERRY!!!!

or errr,

WD WD WD!!!!

?

redcaped
Just can't remember the group.

K.Diddy
Rap and rock also Alternative

phreak_v2.o
I like most rock and metal. i'm not really into punk tho

maham
I don't exactly like pop but some singers r gd.I like soft alternative Evanescence type rock n not that noisy 1.I hate rap!

C-Dic
I'm an elitist, sadly, but mostly hardcore/post hardcore, and only a handful of bands at that.

tabby999
Punk and Metal. not pop punk, not nu-metal, punk and metal

ladygrim
Punk,Indie,Alternative,

commander fox
I like SYNTH/POP,POP/SYNTH/ROCK and POP/SYNTH/TECHNO like Depeche mode and Pet shop boys.........smile does anyone else here like DM or PSB?

Is_it
My favorite kind of music is all different kinds of rock. But mostly Classic rock is what I listen to more than anything because I grew up listening to a bunch of it. So instead of getting caught up with some of the dumb music that's out right now, I just go back to my roots. One of the bands I'll always fall back on is The Rolling Stones. They've always been my favorite band since 1989, when they came out with the Steel Wheels album. I still think it's the best one from the 80s era. Have you guys heard that album?

Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels album
napster . com / player / album / 10799039

Darth Callous
Rap, Hawaiian, R&B, and R&T.

Blue_Hefner
Hip Hop, Rap, R&B

Because I can
classical to death metal, alternative to jazz, country... sorta to Pop,
hip hop ROCK RnB Rap Punk Indie

everything smile

Quiero Mota

Swe_Bum
Heavy Metal Ftw rock

Quentin_Kubrick
heavy metal??? You know thats a type of rock right?

chillmeistergen
I like artists in nearly every genre. There's more that I dislike in every genre though.

Funkadelic
Funk

Pezmerga
Mainly Progressive Rock or Metal....Specifically Art Rock Like Rush, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, or the like. I also like Classic Rock, Grunge, and anything but Country really.

masterkit
I like things in the Rock and Metal genres.

manorastroman
noizzzzzzzzzzze

Strangelove
I put other because I tend to like most, if not all genres

yvonekarate
Classic rock, pop (not bubblegum pop), jazz, blues, soul, metal etc.

Regards, Yvonne

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>