Bring back more quidditch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

envision
in the past 2 books JK rowling has left out possibly the best aspect of the wizrding world......quidditch games....in book 4 and 5 there are only tiny glimpses of quidditch which really annoyed me. it sorta seems shes finding reasons in the books so there aren't any quidditch games. in the nxt 2 books im hoping there will b more quidditch games like the edge of ure seat stuff in the 1st 3 books big grin

i was wondering y Rowling seems 2 b leaving the games out wen they were one of the best parts in the previous books

LilyGinnyBlack
She leaves them out, I think, because Quidditch, though a sport Harry likes and is good at, isn't that important! In the beginning in books 1-3 Harry finds Quidditch to be a challenge and to be extremly important. Yet, in later books as the content becomes darker, more important things come to play into Harry's life. The lack of Quidditch could also be a sense of foreshadowing the fact that Harry probably won't become a professional Quidditch player. She seems, more then anything in the fifth book, to make DADA (Defense Against the Dark Arts) very important to Harry and very important to the series, though it is the subject in which they lack education in. I think that is also foreshadowing, foreshadowing that Harry will become an Auror. . . just like he wants to be. That is why I think there is a lack of Quidditch! big grin

envision
yea thats true lilyginny about the plot etc ... but wouldnt rowling want 2 make the books a bit more exciting?

LilyGinnyBlack
A BIT MORE EXCITING!!! eek! The books are already jam packed with excitment!!! Plus, Quidditch was more of a relief from the conflicts and mysteries that were going on for Harry. They were funny and light, yet like JK had said, the books are just going to get darker, not happier, not until the epilouge anyway. wink Quidditch, I just see as something of Harry's old life, his old universe, the one were Sirius was alive, the one were Sirius is dead; the one were he liked Cho, the one were he doesn't fancy her; the one were the conflicts had been easy and the weight of the world hadn't really been put on his shoulders, the one were the conflicts get harder and darker and the weight of the world is put on his shoulders; the one were Harry played Quidditch and it was a big part of his life, the one were Harry no longer can play Quidditch with everything on his mind and were there are more important things then Quidditch; ect., ect. Yet, these are just my thoughts on the whole Quidditch thing. rolling on floor laughing

iluvharrypotter
i agree with LilyGinnyBlack!! Right on! lol bunny

LilyGinnyBlack
Thank you! embarrasment)

envision
lol lilyginnyblack i c wot ure sayn....and i admire all the thought u put in 2 it..............ure the man/woman big grin

LilyGinnyBlack
Thank you envision and it is woman! big grin

air
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.