R 'n' B is for *****

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sylfdestructiv
So is there anyone here with actual taste in music? Convince me. I'm a drum'n' bass, (REAL) hip hop (no fagget R'n' B), electro house lover. But i like a lot more than that.

BondJamesBond
You have no idea what you are talking about, with out R&B there would be no Hip Hop idiot!

sylfdestructiv
Without r 'n' b there wouldn't be hip hop? Right.

BackFire349
i agree. hate that crap.

diegocala
Yes he is right

bigbadbike2
Here is something to think about. R + B has the best singers in the industry. They can do things with there voice that no other singer can. I enjoy Drum and bass and hip hop also, but saying the people who listen to R + B are ***** just proves how you have limited yourself in your thinking.

Listen to Brian McKnight. He does almost all his own vocals, and music (plays all the instruments). This man has true talent. It may not be your favorite music, but musically he should be respected.

Seriously you probably just listen to music that makes you feel good. If you actually knew about what it took to make music, then you would realize without anyone having to tell you about the talent of R + B artists. Basically you have just proven that you base your taste in music on feeling and not talent. Therefore your opinion to anyone who does know about music will be dismissed.

Tired Hiker
I like bands that use a drum set, a bass guitar, a lead guitar, a rhythm guitar, and a singer.

Why do hip hop lovers have to play their bass so loud in a car?
What's up with that? Don't hate me, but I love classic rock!

And what's up with hip hoppers sampling classic rock songs? It's like, if it hasn't been sampled, then get it and add more bass to it and suddenly it's ruined or fun to hear just once.

Like that guy Skittles, he sings that Slim Shady song and then he rips off Aerosmith, comes out with a movie, doesn't show up to the MTV Movie Awards, thinks he's all bad.

You know what, I hate hip hop. Don't get mad, but hip hop sucks the big wanger. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Hip hop is the most uncreative form of music ever created. I'm not trying to piss anyone off or anything, but people who like hip hop should dowse gasoline over their heads and stand together under a match.

VampirePrincess
uhhh sorry can't say I like hip hop or RnB.... I like some things but not all.

bigbadbike2
FIRE! smokin'

VampirePrincess
Did he just say Skittles? *falls over laughing*

Lokia
Erm, maybe the Hip-Hop now a days sucks but it used to have real Soul. If you had ever checked out the Oldies like Tupac, Biggy, Nas in the old days. They all were real, they never talked about Ho's, they taled about Life. Real life.....

Tupac even made a song decticaed to Single Women... the ones whose men abandoned them. But the people nowa days, like Ludacris, Chingy, Nelly, Ja-Rule, they are degrading what Rap used to stand for.

Some days wouldn't be special, if it wasn't for rain
Joy wouldn't feel so good, if it wasn't for pain
Death gotta be easy, 'cause life is hard
It'll leave you physically, mentally, and emotionally scarred

That is real music.... try 50 cent... for Nowadays....

I'll see if I can drag up some Tupac....

Also what makes your music so 'great?' To me it sounds like a lot of noise.

BackFire349
i prefer bands that write their own music and play their own instruments. plus ive heard some rock vocalists who have much more depth in their voices then any r n b singers do.

Tired Hiker
I'll tell you what makes my music so great. The fact that classic rock is a lost genre. You can still make a hip hop song, you can still write a rap, but you can never make a classic rock song ever again because there was a time when all that music came out in the 60s and 70s and that time is gone. The Stones, The Beatles, The Dead, Pink Floyd etc.
And if my music sounds like noise, then your music must sound like noise too, because your music samples my music and rips it off on a regular basis.

I like the Beastie Boys, I liked Run DMC back in the day, but that's the closest to hip hop or rap I'll ever listen to.

eek! Ha ha, I'm farting on your head. Happy Dance

BackFire349
in 30 years from now the music made today will be considered classic rock as well. so therefor classic rock can still be made.

Tired Hiker
We'll see.

ObieTrice 26
Skittles?wtf?laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud that is so funny!*busts a lung from laphing so hard*

Augeybana
without R&B they won't be Hip Hop but without Hip hop they woudn't be Gangsta rap hince thanks a lot R&B.

Smllfry247
yeah seriously if you are gonna say something rude at least make it make sense, idiot!

BackFire349
all the more reason to hate r&B

bluegrass
Music is all good. it's all just a matter of personal taste. Diversity in music is important. Personally, I love acoustic music(hence the screen name). The fact that you and friends can go hiking and create music 1 mile back in the woods, surrounded by nature, without having to plug in and lug around your equipment is great. By the way, I also liking plugging in and being loud sometimes too.
Like i said- ITS ALL GOOD!!!!!!!!

-=Urot=-
If you listen to the words, you would get a deeper understanding of what R & B has to offer.

Dont judge R& B by todays crapy standard of music. If you want to know what real R & B is listen to anything before 1988. Or anything before 1971. That stuff will have you emotions ready to burst.

GABRIEL05
First of what is REAL hip hop? Don't gimme that underground, hardcore Living Legends fan bullshit! Second of all, the lure of R&B (at least in my opinion) is the musicianship behind it, and its aesthetic traits. D'Angelo, Jill Scott, Badu, (they aren't really R&B but still) they have some of the best musicians out there.

Another_Smithy
No offense but I agree with other people here...Rap is pretty much garbage. All you have to do is get some stupid ass beat and start rhyming words about killing dogs, mothers, bats, dolls etc. There is no talent in Rap except that you can talk fast....wow....homie G ^__^

happy kine
it all takes talent. you try to rap some rhymes with a beat... or try to play an insturment and sing at the same time is very difficult. the only thing that has has no soul and passion in my opinion is tennie bopper music (n'sync, new kids on the block, and spears chick and the like) that has no soul, its only for looks. but when i was a lad i did own a vanilla ice album... kids have no taste in music.

GABRIEL05
There's talent in rap, if not talent then at least ingenuity.

I think its BEAUTIFUL that a bunch of poor ass kids from the bronx with nothin but their voices, some turntables, records and boomboxes, with little to nill traditional musical training or background, could come up with this music that has taken over the world.

Thats the beauty of hip-hop. And I'm pretty sure its very difficult for some kid from Mineral Ridge Ohio to appreciate the aesthetic virtues of Rap, just as it is for some kid from Fort Apache to understand Gene Autry, or Mudvayne.

just something to think about

Another_Smithy
First off I agree with you about the kid from Mineral Ridge thing because I dont even know if there is a Mineral Ridge ^_^

Rap is something that I find no talent because its just something for the people that are less fortunate get a break in. Like Eminem, he was poor and stupid, but when he started to Rap and stuff he found out that he could do something or so he thought, in other words it take someone who can talk fast, rhyme and have an attitude, and gotta love those Rap tunes where they talk about killing your mother...

Korri
yup R n B is complete b utter cow crap

bigbadbike2
Rap actually does take some talent. Most Rap artists can freestyle. Freestyling is very difficult. YOu can give a good rapper any topic and he can flow through a complete song without ever needing to think about what he is saying. The lyrics just come to him as as he says them. Somehow they rhyme and stay on the correct beat. Try to rap about your surroundings for 30 seconds without scripting anything and without missing a beat and see how difficult it actually is. I do not like rap but I do realize that talent that some of the artists have.

happy kine
big bad bike two you are so true to be able to freestyle and to rile the powers that be is the way, you see i'm not talking trash and i'm not going to bash anyones game, even if its lame but to me its all the
same... maybe i'm insane or maybe its the man taking all all my pay... or maybe i'll just have to wait another day or maybe all your music belongs in ditches because they all whine like b****es. i'm not really dissing just discussing so don't come to me fussing or i'll give you a busting.

Captain REX
It is so stupid when these kind of threads arise... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tired Hiker
I just love when these kinds of threads arise.

Yes, that is BEAUTIFUL but at the same time you get all these little gangsta rapper wannabees who think just because they wear baggy pants and crooked baseball hats will make them the next big rapper. It's like the whole NBA basetball thing, all these youths of today get basketball scolarships and don't ever plan on a fall back plan for when they fail. The rap industry can only occupy so many rappers. The ones that succeed usually come from a poor family or a tough background. The misguided ones dress the part and act the part and then end up choking when they get their first chance in the spot light.

BackFire349
i agree, most rappers are posers.

AdventChild
I agree alot of R&B artists suck but Take Alicia Keys for example... She can see some one play an isturment and learn how to play it half as well.... Plus it does take alot of talent to do R&B... And it freakin pisses me off on how some ppl think that there are ppl in rock that sound better than R&B artists... I you know some name at least 3 better than Alicia Keys if you can then you've proven ur point if not then shut up....Any way...... As far as i know R&B doesn't get any better than Alicia Keys... That's My Opinion....

ElectricBugaloo
modern R&B is very bad, but look to Motown, that was the golden age of R&B

AdventChild
Is there any one else that thinks R&B sucks?.....

Darth Revan
Modern R&B sucks. Motown is cool. So is some hip-hop. thumb up

Ronny
i love the earlier RnB

but thestuff like janet jackson and prince sick

moonwalker741
hip hop blows, rock is great! i also like r&b!

Afro Cheese
I hate when people say that hip hop is talentless and then use artists like Eminem as an example. You think writing a good hip hop song is easy? Have you ever tried? You know how many people have tried and failed? I think you should do some research on underground hip hop before you announce that it is talentless crap. I don't mean to sound cliche but that's where all the talent is, you wont find any good hip hop on mtv or bet.

I understand some people dislike hip hop because it is basically poetry to a beat and doesn't involve playing instruments or singing. Well that's part of the reason I can appreciate hip hop. They didn't just take rock music and add some flare to it and create a sub genre of rock, they separated from rock music, which dominated the music scene at the time. It is very hard to come up with good beats, rhymes, and still have your songs talk about something worthwhile. It is hard to write good lyrics in any genre, but in hip hop they have to be that much better because they cant compensate for bad lyrics with good instrumentals. Well, they can, but that's the talentless crap you see on mtv.

So basically you saying hip hop is talentless based on Eminem and whatever other pop artists you've heard is just like me saying Rock is talentless based on Good Charlotte and Linkin Park. See how that's a little unfair. At least take the time to listen to some good hip hop before you dismiss the whole genre as talentless gangster music. I am not saying everyone should like hip hop, just that everyone should respect it as a genuine art form. I listen to more rock music than I do hip hop, but I hate when people say the stereotypical "rap is garbage cause they aren't even singing they are just talking!"

D-Double
You dudes are hilarious. When ever some one mentions anything having to do with black people, I always hear....

..uh.....duh....RAP SUCKS!!!

This thread is bashing R&B. Why don't the bastards give Hip-Hop a day off of the chopping block.

Darth Revan
Yeah, I thought that was funny too, D-Double laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.