Rank..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kruegerKid
I know that your rank depends on the number of green boxes, my question is... is there a certain number of posts you need before you get those boxes or are they just given to us when the moderators deem fit. And one more thin, why is it some people with the same amount of dots as others have different titles, do the moderators give custom ones? I ask because by the way Raz posted it in his "Green Dots and Ranking" thread there are just the basic ones.

yerssot
"The more you contribute and join in, the more you get rewarded."

the formula is not given, but it's not solely about posts

and Raz gives custom titles to some people, dunno, perhaps if he thinks they have participated enough to deserve it?

Kes
Or just because we are special stick out tongue
jk lol

kruegerKid
lol oh is that it?

Kes
Yup yup. Ask Raz. lol Am I right Raz?

shinta
your the forumblinker?

Raz
Yep yers is right.

Custom "labels" (as I call them) are given to select people only.

LanceWindu
Someday I may become one of those special people.

yerssot
Raz just started doing it, so I'm pretty sure you'll get a custom title soon smile

Kes
Hey Yerss don't cheapen it. It takes skillstick out tongue jk
Yes shinta I'm the forum blink

kruegerKid
Hey Kes whats up with the "don't cheapen it comment" what are you trying to say I'm not good enough? lol

yerssot
you noticed? stick out tongue

Captain REX
laughing out loud

I dare say that Yerss deserves it. Nearly 35,000 posts. eek!

yerssot
thanks for rubbing in that I don't have a life rex! *cries*

kruegerKid
lol

Captain REX
*sings to Plug in scent commercial*

Rub it in, rub it in. stick out tongue

You have life Yerss, at least I think so.

yerssot
we'll see in the next weeks huh? wink
oh! and that "rub it in", I'm copyrighting it! stick out tongue

kruegerKid
It must be a pretty interesting life too because someone without anything good to say couldn't have made all those posts. I praise you.

yerssot
oh, but I don't have anything to say big grin

Kes
Nostick out tongue Just yerss made it sound like it was easy. lol

kruegerKid
Oh ok wink

Kes
big grin

kruegerKid
Hey maybe with hard work and lots of luck I'll earn the title of "Forum Nobody", hurrayy!!! See we all have dreams.

Kes
lol Yeh. Who knows.

Captain REX
I'm thinking of Forum Droid...

Kes
well you're a mod now!

Captain REX
I know. smile

Kes
big grin

Captain REX
Only for the General Fiction Area though, not a Forum Moderator like the almighty Ush or Queeq or Gundy or Finti.

shinta
your the king!big grin
and yerssot,i like you because your from belgium,but i don't like waffels
i like twin stuff,help me i'm obsessed with twins!

yerssot
can't help with that stick out tongue
and you don't like waffles?? are you sure you're belgian? stick out tongue

shinta
yep,ik ben 100% belg!
ik ben geboren in merksem dus

yerssot
I was pulling your leg smile

shinta
nobody pulls my legmad *takes kendo sword*
*runs after yerssot*

yerssot
darn!
*runs away and climbs tree*

shinta
only a joke!

Celsius
we dont joke in this forum!!!!! stick out tongue

shinta
yeah right!we don't joke he?

Celsius
stick out tongue. jocking is ellegal and is punishable by 20 pokes with a light saber.

shinta
starwars freak!
i get poked enouhg by my sister
so please do somthing else

Godshinto
How do you become a Moderator I am a moderator on two other boards and admin on one I have experience but they have been shut down for a while now. I could help keep the discusions in the right categories and keep the demeaner to a certain level

yerssot
lots of contact, lots of experience on this board... and raz in a good mood wink

shinta
that last one is very inportant!big grin

kruegerKid
lol...I could care less bout stuff like that I just want to have a high rank with high quality posts.

kruegerKid
I wish I got the title of NOES Expert though that would be great...maybe someday.

Kes
NOES expert?

shinta
i like special names but noes?
i wonder what my name would be someday?(over 100 years big grin)

Godshinto
Godlike works for me wait it's already there

kruegerKid
NOES-Nightmare On Elm Street

Celsius
i didn't really deserve my title, but i got it anyway. stick out tongue

AND NONE OF YOU CAN HAVE IT mad stick out tongue laughing out loud

Kes
Oh got it! You really like thoses movies??!smile

kruegerKid
yeah I do

LanceWindu
I don't see how people who have been here for a month get a special title when some of us who have been here for over two years don't.

kruegerKid
That was I'm wondering too, ence the reason why I asked what it takes.

Raz
I would love to give everyone custom labels, but I have to do this manually and would just take up too much of my time.

Anyway, the custom labels and dots are being faded out. Soon they will just be replace with the post count.

G.P
Why don't you bring out a new sadistic formula/calculation ? devil

(Seriously I think your right. The dots & labels have hardly any sense due to the more & more numerous topics like 'Word Game, Counting,...' and members)

Raz
Well there is always the Karma solution, where by you all of you give each other dots.

Ushgarak
I have to say I think that is a dreadful system; far worse than dots by post.

G.P
It suits me perfectly. I give you mine *gives a bunch of dots to Raz*

Ushgarak
It would lead to spiteful allocations (and non-allocations) and jealously; I can only see it causing resentment among posters about why they are not liked as much as others.

If we dump the current system I would be fine with no system at all. Post count may be mis-leading in many ways but it does give at least a vague idea of who is and isn't a veteran- not as a means of favouritism, but simply because when adusting to a forum it is good to know that. I certainly found it handy when I joined.

G.P

LanceWindu
Do what now???

Celsius
blink

ps. dont take away the current system!!! i dont care if you turn me back in to a forum fanatic (if it means that it will staop all this bickering)!!! JUST please dont change the system. sad

G.P
Well...

july 2003 : estimates

Any comments ?

blackicedragoon
If they came out with a karma system everybody would be giving dots to everyone.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/tomcat.gif

Raz
Is that for this forum? If so, where on earth did you get that graph???

G.P
Yes it is. I did it. *proud* You have no idea what i am capable of when i'm bored wink

(Member section). Then Microsoft Excel (r)

Raz
Cool stuff GP!!

Wow, never knew traffic increased THAT much eek!

Kes
cool stuff G.P big grin

G.P
Maybe I'll put more stuffs like that in the future...Ah, Stats...(but not tomorrow: my two computers have crashedand I'm leaving for NY...maybe there if I can access a computer) I find that funny... huh

Celsius
WOW GP!!! Well done. smile

Mormegil
Yeah, G.P., that's the kind of thing I would do (but it would take me so much longer!)

But anyway, what I want to know is what the exact system is (if there is on)? Such as, is there a set number of posts per dot, or is it an increasing amount each dot, or anything like that? I just want to know, because if there's anything I hate worse, it's not knowing the little things. Also, does it have anything to do with threads started?

Finally, are the dots placed automatically (by computer/program), or are they place manually? And are the titles such as Understudy, Forum Groupie, Forum Junky, Forum Fanatic, etc. all done by computer, or are they also done manually? I know the titles like "Waffleking" are manually (as it was said), but are the others (that I have stated) manual also?

Ushgarak
The standard rank names are those that Raz choose for the standard ranks. It's an increasing amount of posts per dot, but it's a very boring formula and Raz doesn't want people knowing it; just participate. The system may not last long anyway.

Dexx
what will replace it?

Ushgarak
Not necessarily anything.

Mormegil
Well, Thanks for telling me.

Captain REX
*jaw drops at GP's graph*

shinta
i like the karma thingy!big grin
stealing is a bad karma!

Celsius
yep, so did i.

Fire
I think it's a cool system

Celsius
So do I big grin

BackFire349
my custom title is much deserved, there is no denying my vast expertise in the genre of horror (i know, coneipted, but its all i have)

Fire
hehe

Kes
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.