Whats Worse...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Furius
Which do you think is worse : Gollum's "La La La Im not listening" fingers in the ear bit in TTT or Chewie's Tarzan shout in ROTJ? I hate when science fiction or fantasy filmmakers try and attemp humour by using stuff from real life. for me, these two are the worst examples and i cant decide which worst.

GABRIEL05
Since I thought they were both funny, I'll have to say I like your post the worst. Just kidding though. Chewies's thing is cool cuz you could actually believe that Wookies' yell like that when swinging across vines. However Gollum's little thing although not offensive was not humorous either, though it still was not without an air of obnoxiousness.

P-NuT
i say they are both cool in there own ways

gollums antics may seem annoying but they are crucial to showing his character.

and as for chewy...no words can describe him. "Aarrrgghhhhh"

chica16
i don't have a problem with either one.... i thought they were funny

Furius
Gollums this character who has lived in a cave for hundreds of years, obsessed with this ring. hes not spoken to anyone in centuries. hes pathetic and hates himself. Yet this thing he does the sort of light hearted game you'd play about with your buddies with. totally out of character i thought. It may have been funny but they really didnt need any hunour at that point. As for chewie, why coudlnt they justve made him yell some thing in wookie, instead of the catchprase from a tv show from a galaxy far far away, and not invented for a long, long time yet?

Nefertite
I think a little fun doesn't damage movie. Gollum is really intresting character and his talkinkg to himself makes Gollum more sly. The movie becomes intrigue rolling on floor laughing

SiriusBlackRIP
It is only a little bit of fun and it was added to try to makethe audience have empathy with Gollum, but there is alot about Gollums character that irritated me in the film. All these people that I knew that have never read any of the books came out of TTT movie feeling really sorry for Gollum... but when I read the book I thought he was an evil little bastard, granted an evil little bastard with depth of character but none the less evil.

Sifer
Evil is an understatement m8 smile I can't wait to see people's faces in ROTK big grin

P-NuT
roger that

Sifer
Tango Down....LOL

chica16
oh my

cgtuna21
there isnt nething worse bout ttt!!

chica16
i think the part with gollum is funny

P-NuT
i lurve helms deep. i cant wait for the battle at the pelannor fields.

Mormegil
I found the fact that people were laughing at parts in the movie that shouldn't be funny. When I read the Lord of the Rings, it struck me as a very serious world. It's not that the Movies aren't good with all the comic relief, it's just that I'd liked to have seen it the other way, and I'm very dissapointed that I never will.

Ushgarak
That's because where you say serious, the average punter watching the film would say boring.

P-NuT
roger bravo leader

Nefertite
Books are more serious than movies. The story is about a small ring which caused a big battle. That doesn't sound funny at all.
But I think that's not bad a little fun in movie because too serious movie and such a long movie can tired out. rolling on floor laughing

Smllfry247
i thought both parts were really funny!

Aragorn#1
Chewies thing that WAS gay but the thing that Gollum did was funny. I agree with Nefertite to cuz you need a little comedy without it the movie is boring, being to serious is gay. Dont be no expression , mad , miffed be big grin smile

chica16
fdsaf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.