Harry Potter= Severus Snape?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lokia
Okay, now I was wondering if other people thought that Harry might end up like Snape if he harbors his anger like Snape did?

I think that if Harry does continue on the path he has laid out he will definetly end up like Snape...

When you post here please don't say/write/post things like;

1. Snape is a cruel uncaring bastard, Harry could never end up like him.
2. How could you COMEPARE HARRY to SNAPE?!
3. I just don't see it.
4. SNAPE DESERVED TO DIE ect.....

I need facts!

airangel429
I see what youa re saying...but I dont think he will feel that way...B/C harry has already realized why Snape is the way he is and no one would want to turn into someone they didn't care much for.

I think Snapes character is going to change....I read on a website that there is a possibilty of him falling in love....maybe its a rumour..we'll have to see.....for some reason though...I can see Snape changing...... enough for a reader to notice anyways.......

Snape and Harry do have alot in common...... but I dont think he will act out in the way that Snape has done towards harry........

ladygrim
it seems very possible ... cuz they are going bak down the same path as b4

snape despized harrys father ...
harry is just like his father
snape despizees harry ... but we dont see how james turned out so its still a missing gap really

ArrghPirateGirl
Hmmmm...smile

ladygrim
he's not going to be exactly them same as snape isnt his father (hmmm) but he mite have some characteristics that snape does...

A4E
sorry, but adygrim, harry is NOTHING like his father

lilsis
wat makes u say that?erm

DanZeke25
all i wanna know is how u got ur sig so big.... if i tried to make a sig that big.... they wouldn't except it

A4E
well hello!! james potter was a proud a$shole, havent ya all read book 5 when harry sees the past and james potter was making fun of severus for no reason AT ALL! roll eyes (sarcastic)

angelsflame265
they explained why james acted like that. James hated dark magic and Snape was knees deep in it. And they just plain hated each other, and plus he was 15, as Sirius said were all kinnda childish at 15

A4E
not even draco does that kind of stuff!
and angelsflame if that wouldve been the case then james shoud've beat the hell out of severus bbut what he did was making fun of him in front of the entire school, only to make himself look cooler

angelsflame265
he was in to what people think of him, he wanted to be cool. But Sirius said that he calmed down in his 6th year, he got more mature. Besides I don't think dumbledore would let the James we saw in his 5th year be Head Boy

el-pirate
true, but if harry might have ahad a different childhood (not being bullied by dudley) maybe he wouldn't have know how it felt to be bullied and would have been a bit more the same as his dad

lilsis
actually no i haven't read book 5. i just started reading the books about 3 weeks ago & on the last chapter of the 3rd one. that's y i was asking cuz im like really interested in this thing w/ snape...i learn wanna learn all can about him i just find him interesting! but neways i was wondering y u said that cuz hes like all yelling at him & stuff &, i mean, harry attacked him & im just like........thats not kool. but i see now where ur coming from wink

lilsis
wow! wat happened to evrybudy? where'd evryone go? confused

Shaolin Monk
I don't think the series will end with Snape having the same attitude he has. I think we will learn more about him in the next two books that will show what type of person he really is...on a deeper level. Although he is portrayed as "evil" to Harry & company, I think that will change. Maybe not completely, but to some degree.

Which is why I don't think Harry will turn out to be how Snape has been the first 5 books. I don't think Snape really is a callous jerk. It's things he hasn't completely dealed with that are affecting the way he treats Harry. He has some growing to do, if you will.

Dumbledore trusts snape, and I trust dumbledore wink

impatientinky
^^ agree completly!
one of the biggest parts of snape being snape is how he treats students he doesn't like. he is very unfair towards them and let's his favourites get by with a lot. i would say harry is a very fair person and the opposite of snape (which was also very obvious in the shrieking shack in the end of poa). that part of his personality for one i don't think will ever change.

i also believe snape will change to some degree...
and i'll leave it at that. i hope that wasn't confusing but i didn't know how else to put it down in writing and at times i can't quite say what i mean (with english not being my first language)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.