Boba Fett or Jango Fett?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
whos the better bounty hunter? we never got a chance to see how good jango was at collecting bounties. any thoughts?

yerssot
technically, since they're clones, shouldn't they be equally good?

justinday15
I dont know whos a better bounty hunter, but Jango is my favorite.

Rogue Jedi
i think boba had a longer and more glorious career; jango was killed when he was still rather young. what, 30-40 years old?

yerssot
and boba got also around the age of 40 wink

Rogue Jedi
(biting my tongue.....)

yerssot
tasty?

Rogue Jedi
no, its something else. forget it.

cookies2006
I like boba better. He's the first one to be shown. He's the one i grew up with.

Rogue Jedi
boba in his prime vs. jango in his prime? i think boba would win.

yerssot
but did boba had a kamino-darts? wink

Rogue Jedi
in a close quartered one on one battle, i dont think you would have a chance to use them.

yerssot
I was laughing stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Jango looked a whole lot better to me!

If Boba was 10 in AOTC then he would have been in his 30s when killed in ROTJ, that is his canonical age. EU sources about Boba have been officially discredited by Lucasfilm in a firm example of EU's irrelevance to the Star Wars storyline (Steve Sansweet saying that anything you read about Boba was just 'rumour')

Rogue Jedi
im gonna stick with boba fett.

ChinaNiki
I think Boba would probably win because by the time he dies he's spent years chasing Jedi.

Rogue Jedi
good point, niki.

ChinaNiki
plus what does Jango do? He spends the good life being cloned? He 's not out in the galaxy most of the time, only for the occasional Dark Side outing. While Boba, who knows how he ends up being raised? And he has associations with Jabba as an adult and we all know what kind of crowd hangs out with Jabba.

Rogue Jedi
very bad people, niki.

Ushgarak
Of course Jango Fett spends most of his life out in the galaxy, he is an intensly feared Bounty Hunter!

We don't know if Boba ever killed a Jedi.

Rogue Jedi
its never said if he did or not, but you have to assume that he has. i do anyway.

ChinaNiki
i don't think boba could have worked with darth vader if he wasn't any good at his job what with darth just killing people off when he was irked by them

JediOasis
I think Boba is better just because he obviously has the same physical tools and he has the benefit of Jango teaching him everything he knows. Plus Boba could pick up extra knowledge along the way. The only thing that makes me question Boba is that he was killed by a blind Han Solo and Jango survivded a battle with OB1 and was killed by the 2nd greatest Jedi Master.

Rogue Jedi
han "killing" boba fett was pure luck.

finti
still, Boba didnt regard a blind Han a threat and payed for that

Rogue Jedi
han engaging the jet pack was luck. if han killed him hand to hand or with a blaster, then it would have been skill.

finti
thing is Boba overlooked han as a possible threat, regardless of it was luck or not, Han triggered the jet pack that threw Boba out of controll

Rogue Jedi
ok, when han swung the amphistaff around, was he planning on igniting fetts jetpack? no. no

finti
doesnt matter, Boba didnt care for a foe behind his back. Chewie was there as well so Boba was careless not to regard Han and Chewie.

Rogue Jedi
granted. I guess even the best make mistakes, especially in battle.

finti
I dont.....................................evil face

Ushgarak
I mean, I don't think we ever saw Boba in his real element, of course, but to judge from what we have seen before us, Jango is clearly the more dangerous. If there wasn't this whole fan 'thing' behind Boba there wouldn't be any serious comparison being made.

Captain REX
I like Boba Fett for his armor's weathered look. It shows that he's seen a lot of action. I like Jango Fett for his combat on screen though.

Rogue Jedi
i agree, ush.

finti
yeah Bobas armor is much cooler than Jangos. Jangos is to clean

Rogue Jedi
maybe jango had a better dry cleaner....or maybe boba was a slob.... Happy Dance eek! rock

Captain REX
laughing out loud

They should have made Jango more weathered looking. I mean, if you've played 'Bounty Hunter', he's going through swamps and deserts and jumping off buildings and getting shot at and thrown around. But his armor looks like he's untouched.

blackicedragoon
I think its funny how jango ordered another bounty hunter to go and kill. you know the fish face lady was oradered around. But i do really like jango's fight scene.

LeAtHerRFace
Jago FeTT

johnnyboyjango
of a sucky plot line.

Jango had cool armor. But he used a woman (no offense to the ladies) to do his work. Got high kicked and defeated by Obi-Wan (Ewan is not very imposing by-the-way...looks too much like Jesus) on the landing pad. Missed out on killing Obi in the asteroid field while throwing a ridiculous amount of firepower at him. He had to have destroyer droids back him up to capture Ani-wuss. He killed only one Jedi, got trampled by the Reek...and got Maced...yeah baby, you know what I mean! And he looks like a hoodlum thug...and, he sounds like he needs to be in some New Zealand pub chugging Foster's Lager. I was expecting some Arian-Nazi sort (Jude Law after 6 months with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the gym would have been good - like what they did with Tobey MacGuire in Spiderman).

Boba was cool. We have to remember the same guy that put 3 foot teddy bears with slingshots against 1.8 meter tall, armored legions of Palpi's best troops with mechanized war machines...wrote the plotline and another flaw (among so many) is Boba was neutralized by a blind, physically ill Han in an accidental jabbing of the Jet Pack. In the pit...why not just hose the throut down with some flame, or use that small blaster under his arm pit, or knee darts...lame. Yeah, I know, there is a book and he escaped...but Lucas made him dead.

Jango should have just been slaughtering Jedi for about 5 minutes, and then have Mace save the day...that would have been cool.

mephistodesigns
how did Jango get defeated by Obi-wan? Let's see, he lost his saber, got caped by Boba, and ends up going over the side of the landing platform while Jango escapes. Yep, no victory there.

As for all the talk of Boba and his "dying" in ROTJ= Lucas' writing has a lot of subtext like Shakespeare (who was also a fan of cheesy dialogue and sight gags). Boba underestimating Han was part of a running theme of people underestimating others and being way too overconfident. Yoda points out the Jedi have become overconfident, Jango was overconfident in the asteroid field, Anakin will probably underestimate Kenobi in III, and the biggest most obvious one is Palpy underestimating the rebels at Endor. Its one of his running themes you're supposed to learn from, what makes SW a modern myth. You're supposed to notice these things and learn from them. roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

johnnyboyjango
Jango still should have whipped some more Jedi, do you agree?

Darth Revan
Well I think in the end, neither of them went down with much of a struggle.. On the sail barge scene in ROTJ, he wasn't even doing much to stop Luke. So he just got tossed into the sarlac pit and bam just like that one of the greatest bounty hunters who ever lived is dead. Same with Jango. One swipe of Mace's saber and hes gone.

Damn I sound like Boomhower!

CaptainInsano2
Boba Fett. Boba Fett no only defined the bounty hunter character but perfected it. The only thing that sucks in the original trilogy is the lack of screen time for him.

Darth Revan
I agree. You don't even know his name until the sail barge scene.

Dirty Vader
Yep.

Dirty Vader
Okay, okay.....someone said earlier that Boba Fett's survival in the saarlac pit is only a rumour. I refuse to believe that its a rumour because he appeared in the Dark Empire graphic novels.He might
even appear in the NJO. So for me, his career doesent end in the saarlac pit. And if you refuse to refer to EU, then what is the point in debating who is the best between the two, since everything about Boba
is revealed in the EU. Without EU's reference, Boba Fett would be another Greedo/wanabee bounty hunter, since the only exploit he does is tracking the Falcon.How do you know he's the best bounty hunter in the Galaxy during his time, because of that? No, its because EU said so
and told you stories about him. He's not much of a warrior on the sail barge scene.

Someone also mentioned that Jango might be better because he killed Jedi(at least one). You've got to admit that during Boba's career, there
were no Jedi to kill because they were all dead. True he had a chance to kill Luke, but he didnt. Anyways Luke wasnt a Jedi yet.

Maybe if EU told us stories about Jango's bounty hunts, we could have a more positive view of who is the best. The same can be said for Boba
in the movies (because at the time they didnt have good enough computer effects).

But at the moment, Jango is better in the movies and Boba's better in EU. One thing for me is for sure, Boba is the coolest because he's mysterious and his voice is darker. He's more imposing.

bountyhunter
does anybody know how boba fett got all battle scared

yerssot
you're right DV, this belongs in the EU section

Rogue Jedi
his armor? its EU stuff. but, ill tell you. his armor once belonged to jaster moreel, a mandalorian.

QX100
You know it funny that in the early book before the prequels they say that Boba Fett is actually Jaster Mareel, the in the newer dark horse comics they say that Jaster Mareel is the Mandalorian Soldier who trains Jango Fett.

Rogue Jedi
boba fett owns a set of armor once worn by moreel. but this is EU.

The Ones
boba isnt dead!!! he got out of the sarlacc pit,( some book wbout life after episode 6)

yerssot
it's better if this thread gets thrown to the EU section roll eyes (sarcastic)

Aetheria
Yesh, there's an EU book in which some random girl saves Boba Fett from the pit. I can't remember which one it is, but I believe that there actually are quite a few books on Boba Fett's adventures after his brush with death.

I personally like Boba better than Jango. xD

And yeah, I guess this should be in the EU sections. xD

yerssot
the pit? you mean the sarlacc? he got out of it himself and was found by another bounty hunter (forgot the name)

(eu yes)

Aetheria
Yeah, he got out himself. xD Heh. (insert sheepish look here)

QX100
The other bounty hunter was Dengar(The mummyish guy in ESB when Vader needed some to get the Falcon.)

Sacrifise666
boba is the same as jango. he was cloned.

but in a way boba could have been trained by another bounty hunter.

i say jango because he's the original bount hunter.

Red Superfly
To Lucas - Boba Fett was nothing more than some lackey, and was always gonna die - why would a lackey have a glorious death?

To the EU and most fans, Boba is a God - mainly because of that jetpack and cool helmet - and his character got blown way out of proportion - with him even surviving the Sarlecc pit in The Mandalorian Armour (albeit pretty burnt up in digestive acid).

Then, because he was such a fan favourite, Lucas completely lost his balls and gave into every single one of us, and decided to show that Boba Fett is a sort of Bounty Hunter prince to the king Jango.

Not only did Lucas manage to give in to the fans hunger for all things Fett, he also managed to p*** every single one of them off by having him die in yet another stupid piece of storytelling - whereby he dies at the hands of his jetpack misfiring and Mace cutting off his head.

It's a combination of bad story-telling and Lucas simply not sticking to his guns. Every time Lucas gives in and decides to do something the fans want - he's shooting himself in the foot. He never did that with the OT Trilogy, he just did it. By caterring to the fanboys of the world, Lucas has removed any sort of credibility from his stories - Boba Fetts dad is the original Storm Trooper? If Lucas was allowed to just make the movies how he wanted - do you honestly think Boba Fett would have had his complete history and identity revealed? Maybe if Boba Fett fans weren't so rabid - their beloved character may have still been the mysterious bounty hunter, rather than some annoying punk Storm Trooper clone, because why would Lucas mess with something that HE didn't care about.

It's a combination of Boba Fetts fans being so foaming-at-the-mouth and Lucas simply having no balls.

Thats my two cents over and done with.

Lurik
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I'm with Dirty Vader

speiderman
Boba is a pretty fascinating character.

Lurik
He is not only fascinating, but in the EU, he is 'effin awesome, baby, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

theez1
Boba by far. (minus the annoying kid who played him in AOTC)

Hit"Em"Up
dengar saved boba.

the reason why boba wasnt dead was because of the mandalorian armor he wore.

sniper
boba all the way

Jedi Priestess
Fett schmett I say........frankly I found them both boring as all get out....and I do agree with Red Superfly about Lucas losing his balls and giving into the EU camp.

Stealth Agent
I think Jengo got a worthy death. Mace second best jedi and my favorite jedi did you exspect Jengo to win the fight. It's better then some stunt jedi killing him atleast it was some as important as Jedi Master mace Windu.

Word

SnakeEyes
I like Jango Fett better, cuz for one the cooler stuff he did in the actual movies. And also he fought alongside true Mandalorians in large scale battles. Talk about awesome

jango fatt
Boba took over a whole carrier from the empire by himself.

Wonko the Sane
Well.. Yeah of course Boba Fett.. Boba Fett has actually captured Jedi, while Jango went down like a ***** against the first one he faced. Now see if Boba was a clone of Jango, he'd be just as much of a *****.. :-D Thank god that kid doesn't take up his "fathers" business. Besides there is a guy over on Concord Dawn, who is going to use the name Boba Fett one day and become the best bounty hunter in the galaxy.

ArthasKnight
Boba Fett definitely. And just to respond to the one above me...
Jango beat Obi-Wan hands down. Obi-Wan was just lucky enough that he still had the string attached so he could save himself, otherwise he'd have been fish food and we all know it.
And Boba wasn't as good as/better than Jango just because he was a clone of him, he had to be trained first. If your dad is a pro basketball player, you're not going to be the same unless you play basketball a lot. get what I mean?
But yeah, Boba would win.

Ogami Itto
Whoa there ArthasKnight! if you watch the film Yoda instructs Obi to capture Jango not kill him. If that were Kenobi's Intention i think he'd get the job done fairly quick

ArthasKnight
The point is that Jango was skilled enough to be able to fight Obi-Wan off at all. It's no surprise then that he trained Boba well enough so that he was better than his "father".

Ogami Itto
Yeah but if there was no jetpack! bye bye Jango! Jango didn't win the suit did! But i suppose Kenobi's got the force so u could say no force bye bye OBI !!!lol i do like Jango tho! pretty cool!!

ArthasKnight
It's not the equipment, it's how you use it. You have to know how to use something. Just having something powerful doesn't give you an advantage unless you know what you're doing with it.

Mace Skywalker
they both suck.

SnakeEyes
Why the hell would you think that? ^

Grand Moff Gav
jango

eleveninches
I always found it strange that in ep5, one of the imperial officers says "bounty hunters, we dont need that scum.".
Did he not realise that the entire clone army was based on the clones of a bounty hunter, and that Bobba IS a clone as well.

Bardock42
Well they are still scum, and the Imperial army is not only clones

Darth_Vader05
Boba is definatley the better bounty hunter and he learned everything he knows from wacthing his father Jango

Slytherin Girl
Boba is more cool than Jango.

Uber_God
whys that slytherin?

in a fight who wins? jango or boba?

Slytherin Girl
I just think the character of Boba is more interesting as the one of Jango.

The only think i like of Jango was the way he died 'cause the one of Boba was too silly.

In a fight uhm? I think Jango will win, but I still like more Boba ^^

Uber_God
yep your right
jango would kick ass
but jango still better than boba :P

Slytherin Girl
hehe... okay you can stay with Jango and me Boba ^^
Do you think Boba will appears in Ep III?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.