The Space slug.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
when the falcon is inside the space slug, han and the others just step outside as if they are not in outer space. gravity inside the space slug? weird. also, why didnt they flash freeze? space is very cold.....

yerssot
or explode...

Rogue Jedi
yes! why didnt they explode? space is a harsh environment.

yerssot
they are actually gods?

Rogue Jedi
uh, you lost me, yerssot.

yerssot
nevermind

Rogue Jedi
sorry, it went right over my head.

DeepThought
Apparently the space slug species creates an atmospheric pressure inside its gullet and the asteroid was large enough to create its own gravity? wink Was that George's plan?

Or maybe not. Hmm.

Rogue Jedi
maybe so....

robincooper
well, it's basic science that a rotating object in space creates it's own artificial gravity.... and there must of been pressure in the the slug so he could digset things... eventualy.... or it could just be another of lucasarts silly bloopers!

Ushgarak
You would not flash-freeze nor explode in space. Heat transfer in space is pitiful (you would only radiate, not conduct and that would take a while) and the compressiblility of the body means you do not explode (NASA are very specific on this and can offer real-life examples of people exposed to zero pressure environments, and they are fine!)

However, it would NOT be very pleasant and you would be in serious trouble very quickly, especially if you tried to breathe or had any air in your lungs! (the people I mentioned above are only fine because they weren't exposed for very long!)

Luckily, Star Wars rarely has much to do woth real science and so this can be ignored.

Rogue Jedi
good point, ush. like the sounds of battle carying through space. hogwash.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.