What is your Favorite Line....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tlp
"Don't tell the Elf"

Slowhand
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. What matters is what we do with the time that is given us.

I'm not sure if that's an exact quote, but the sentiment rings true, whether in Middle Earth or this earth.

chica16
anything Legolas says.....

undomiel
I know
I love the way he talkssmile

turin
I really like what treebeard says as they march towards Isengard. It really rouses the spirit and conveys the desperation of the Ents...

"hrum hum, come my friends the Ents are going to war, it is likely we go to our doom, the last march of the ents" -treebeard

undomiel
legolas: you would die before your strode fell
I think that is what he says
but anyways I love that line smile

undomiel
or maybe he says : you would die before your stroke fell

P-NuT
as below...

chica16
i have a fav part that doesn't have any talking but, anyways here goes...
in FOTR it's right after the fellowship leaves rivendell and the music is playing really loud and it shows every member of the fellowship coming over the top of a hill.... haha that's my fav part

P-NuT
yeh with the wind blowing and the music, that is cool.

Lt.Columbo
Smeagol-"They're my freinds"
Gollum-"FREINDS! YOU HAVENT GOT ANY FREINDS! I'm your only freind!"

ilvorlandobloom
I love it when Legolas talks in elvish

undomiel
I know his voice is so cool when he talks in elvish

Mithrandir
Now for rath, now for ruin, and for the red dawn! - Theoden King

undomiel
oh and I love Galadriels speach at the beginning of FOTR and her other one during the two towers
I think her voice is so cool

JavX
I would have to say my favorite quote is....

" It's a dangerous business, Frodo, stepping out your front door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you'll be swept off to.?"

bilbo baggins giving advice to frodo

Nefertite

Smllfry247
When they thought Aragorn was dead and he returns to the castle and legolas says

Legolas: your late (in elvish)

pause

Legolas: you look teribble!

That was funny tome because legolas always looks perfect and is never dirty@@11

chica16
yeah hehe i also like it when aragorn opens those two big doors in the two towers slowly when he comes back

SiriusBlackRIP
My favourite bit is when Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn kick off with no weapons in Theodens great hall at Edoras and they are beating the shit out of the guards thats really cool

undomiel
oh and when legolas is taking off his armor smile

P-NuT
hows about in the FOTR extended edition when legolas shoots about 7 orcs in a row without stoping. i couldnt believe it. when i saw the theatrical version i thought it was the coolest thing ever, but when i saw the extended version i was speechless.

undomiel
oh ya
hes the best smile

BlasterE117
My favorite line is this:

" If by my life or death I can protect you, I will." Aragorn says this in the Council of Elrond in the first movie.

Smllfry247
oh oh oh!

Ok When smeagol/gollum is talking in gondor to himself and the dude asks what they stole and he screams

MY PRECIOUS!!

That was funny 2 me!

oh and then when smeagol was talking to sam when he was cooknig the hares and he was like...

Smeagol: you ruined it!! You stupid fat hobbit

Sam: all it needs are some nice good taters!!

Smeagol: taters? what are taters?

Sam: PO...TA....Toes!!

Smeagol: blughhh! You can keep you tater we like it raw in juicy!

Sam: your hopeless

Well something like that! it was funny!!

Eamane
GALADRIEL: "The world is changed. I can feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost 'cause now no one lives to remember...", or something like that!

I think this is beautiful and her voice is perfect (very, very "deep"wink... But I also like Gimli in TTT. He is so funny... roll eyes (sarcastic)

chica16
my fav is when gandalf starts talking in 'the language of mordor' or whatever at the council of elrond in the extended version and all the elves look like they're gonna get sick adn s tuff haha

turin
what about when gamling is suiting up theoden and theoden recites that old war chant-
"where is the horse and the rider,
where is the horn that was blown,
they have passed like rain on the mountain,
like wind in the meadows,
the days have gone down in the west,
yada yada yada....

forgive me i cant remember the end of it but it is cool if you know what its from.

chica16
oooh yeah i forgot bout that i like that too

P-NuT
all very cool eek!

STARDUST
Legolas-You look terrible.

undomiel
that part is funnysmile

fini

billyboyd4ever
yea i agree i love that line from FOTR in moria:
FRODO: i wish the ring had never come to me, i wish none of this had eve rhappened.
GANDALF: so do all who see such times, but that is nto fro them to decide. all we have to decide is what to do w/the time that is given to us...
that is sooo profound

also in moria:
BOROMIR: they have a cave troll!

o plus also in FOTR in the council of elrond:
PIPPIN: besides, you need people of intelligence on this mission, quest, thing...
MERRY: well that rules you out Pip! laughing out loud

cgtuna21
From Two Towers:

Theoden: Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blown? They pass like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadows. They days have come down on the west into shadow.

That is a really cool line. It gets you pumped up and gives you that chill like you wanna be in this movie.

CaptainHaldir
"it is likely that we march to our dooms, Last march of the ents!"- the thing that makes that scene so cool is the music playing when that woman is singing, it just sounds so mighty.

also:

"fool of a took! throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity!"

chica16
yeah the ents are cool

Nefertite
I like Elrond's look when he sees Merry and Pippin coming out from the bushes in a Secret Counsil. He doesn't need to say anything his angry look says everything. rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Bad Grima
"Saurman's arm must have grown long indeed if he thinks he can reach us here." smokin'

billyboyd4ever
ooooo i also love in FOTR in bree when:
PIPPIN: whats that?
MERRY: this, my friend, is a pint!
PIPPIN: it comes in pints?? im getting one!
SAM: but you already had a whole half already!

heheheh i wuv my hobbits love love love

undomiel
I like it when Arwen says,
"The light of the evenstar does not wax and wane, it is mine to give to whom I will, like my heart"

billyboyd4ever
yea...thats a cool line smile

chica16
i like pretty much anything gandalf says he makes everything sound real cool

undomiel
I love the whole speech thingy he says when he comes back in TTTbig grin

elijahslover22
The closer we are to danger the farther we are from harm. Its the last thing they'll expect. Pippen, LotR:TTT
Its is Soooo funny. Pippen is the coolest!

Danistar

billyboyd4ever
i love sam's speech at the end of TTT...i cant remember all of it that well so i wont screw it up by try to remember hehee...but its soo cool w/his little speech

frootlooplucy
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadows shall spring
Renewed shall be blade that was broken
The crownless again shall be king.

Gotta love itwink

and in FotR, where they're all walking, and Pippin asks about second breakfast, and gets hit in the head with the apple, and... yeah.

Laviera_j
I LOVE the spell that Arwen does in the river of the elves

Arwen: Nino Hithaglear, Las to beth dear, Rimmo nin bruinin danin U lear! Nino hithaglear Las to beth dear, Rimmo nin bruinin danin U lear!

Also, Renneg, ieru i govanem? Do you remember what I told you? (arwen asks Aragorn if he remembers what she told him the first time he met he...that she would give up the immortal life for him...)

Laviera_j
Gimli: There is actually a rumour, that there are no dwarf women...
Aragorn whispers: It's the beards...
Eowyn laughs

undomiel
Frodo: I cant do this, Sam.
Sam:I know, It's all wrong. By rights we shouldnt even be here. But we are. Its like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened.
But in the end its only a passing thing. This shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Those were the stories that stayed with you. that meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didnt.
They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding on to, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And its worth fighting for.

I love that speechsmile

Laviera_j
I ove that too!!! Poor old frodo, and shme for his little finger...

undomiel
I knowsad

Laviera_j
You think that smeagul actually ate it, or did he just bite it off?

undomiel
that would be kinda gross if he ate it sick

Laviera_j
yeah, it would! but, knowing him..... laughing out loud eek!

undomiel
haha laughing out loud

Laviera_j
I love his voice, who does it again???

undomiel
Andy Serkis plays Gollum

Laviera_j
Oh yeah, he's good.

Well I gotta log off now, sorry...

undomiel
haha
k bye

billyboyd4ever
hey undomiel that speech is the one i was talking about! i love love love that...i wish i could watch it again...

undomiel
haha

billyboyd4ever
august 26th...so close yet so far

undomiel
its not that long tho

must_kill_Santa
Legolas:The red sun rises blood has been spilt on this night.

eowyn
Aragorn: Dolen i vad o nin. (My path is hidden from me.)

Tracker
Great Sceen:

Gandalf: What did you hear?!

Gandalf: SPEAK!

Sam: UH! N-nothing much... that is I heard a great deal about a ring, a dark lord... and something about the end of the world... but please, mister Ganfalf... don't turn me into anything... unnatural...

But my all time Fave;

Haldir: The dwarf breathes so loudly we could have shot him in the dark.

undomiel
haha
that part is funny

Aragorn#1
Ya my fav part of all the movies is when Aragorn opens those doors. love and at Edoras that was great(funny)! laughing out loud my fav line is
" By my life or death I will protect you, I will, you have my sword" Aragorn

Mithrandir
Saruman's speech to the Uruk-Hai host, "A new power is rising, its victory is at hand, this night the land will be stained with the blood of rohan; march to helm's deep, leave none alive....to WAR! awesome

whiterider
i have two favorite ones so far. there both from gandalf
FOTR: "I wish the ring had never come to me, I wish none of this happenend." frodo
"So do all who see such times but that is not for them to decide. What we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf
and then the part when gandalf rides up with legolas and theoden and aragorn and the rest and says the line about sauron and how his retrabution will be swift or somethin like that in the TTT. i cant remember all of it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.