What do you do?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Daft
If this has already been asked then I'm sorry, but what are your jobs?

I don't actually have a true job at the moment. I just do voluntary work at the YMCA. What about you guys?

UnknownBountyHunter
Livestock and Crop Marketer. In America, I am called a farmer, seriously...smile

Ratcat
Technical Design Authority: Basically I design Server Networks for Call Centres, Productivity Centres and Helpdesks.

Jedimaster3838
I am student at the University of Kentucky working on an English major

Xizor
I am a student at the University of Colorado working on a double major in wildlife management and secondary education.
I work at an after school program for kids at an elementary school. I return to Connecticut in the summer where I am an assistant director at a summer camp.

UnknownBountyHunter
I forgot about that!! Just in case you forgot, Xizor, I used to live in Colorado, a loooooong time ago. We were going to move back, but decided to sell the house to my wife's brother-in-law.

Dim
You're never going to leave Germany again are you UBH?..LOL

I'm a graphic artist...

UnknownBountyHunter
Honestly? Probably no! sad

Ratcat
Where were you born UBH, Germany or US or somewhere else???

UnknownBountyHunter

Ratcat
Well, I guess you win the "I have a complicated life history" award. laughing out loud

UnknownBountyHunter

Ratcat
OK, so where do you consider your home to be? Where you are now, somehwere you have lived or is there another place you haven't gotten to yet?

Xizor
I live in CO now, but I will probably consider my home to always be CT, at least untill I live/work somewhere else for a good while or marry and live in a home with someone in a diffrent state. Right now though it's CT.

Gundark
I'm working on my real estate appraiser's license. That requires 2500 hours of working on reports and 120 hours of class time. I've been working as the office manager for a r.e. appraisal firm for 13 years and now work for two at the same time. I've been doing the time for about three years now and will probably be ready to take me test sometime late spring. Then I'll have to train somebody else to do my job, and if the economy is still good, I'll be able to appraise full-time. Its good money, if I ever get there (sigh).

UnknownBountyHunter
DEUTSCHLAND! Of course smile Well, Bavaria is my home, its like a state in the USA, say you moved from one city to another, you wouldn't consider the new city your home, the whole state would be your home, because your never confined to the former! The cities in Germany where I have spent my life are all in Bavaria.

Wonderer
I'm a computer programmer.

Capt_Fantastic
Formerly the head of physical security and risk managment for north america, for Volvo Trucks North America.

But, I left to go back to school.

tabby999
Kitchenhand at the moment, doing a hospitality traineeship

Darth Jello
student in college and a call for the university of colorado, it's a sweet gig

mechmoggy
Wow! this thread is nearly as old as Ush. eek!

I'm a Manufacturing Engineer, working in the defence industry.

Got a degree in Engineering from UCE; currently studying for an MSc in Engineering at Brunel. Just applied for IEng registration; hoping to become chartered in the next two years.

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm, when I get given a choice on forms, and it's available, I put down student (I'm at university, studying psychology, though I also do lot of history units as electives for fun. Yes, I said fun.)

I do have some casual, on-off part time work - in the uni library, a bit of a go-for with a legal firm, occasional work as a waiter or as technical staffer in some of the theatres (adaptability is good), nothing serious really at the moment, certainly nothing I want to work full time at..

Sir Whirlysplat
I lecture various types of Biology including Sports Science at a well known institution in London. smile I got an HND at Notts Poly, a B.Sc (Hons) at Southbank and have done research at Southbank and a College of Universtiy of London which will remain nameless for my secret identitiy. smile I gained post grad. qualifications at both of these.

overlord
Mechmoggy, why don't you check out the SW forums anymore?

As for the thread: I bring the news! eek!

botankus
Like mechmoggy, I'm a manufacturing engineer in a, you guessed it, manufacturing plant.

Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
I lecture various types of Biology including Sports Science at a well known institution in London. smile I got an HND at Notts Poly, a B.Sc (Hons) at Southbank and have done research at Southbank and a College of Universtiy of London which will remain nameless for my secret identitiy. smile I gained post grad. qualifications at both of these.
Have you ever told them you moonlight as Princess Diana? stick out tongue

Imperial_Samura
Princess Diana before or after her horrendous Paris tunnel crash?

Shakyamunison

botankus
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I am a mechanical designer for an antenna manufacturer. In other words, I fix the mistakes that the engineers make. laughing

Hey, now. Without the extended time benefit of trial and error, engineers would get paid a lot less! wink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by botankus
Hey, now. Without the extended time benefit of trial and error, engineers would get paid a lot less! wink

I mean no harm, some of my best friends are engineers, eek! but don't tell anybody. laughing

KharmaDog
Freelance writer and illustrator/artist.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by botankus
Like mechmoggy, I'm a manufacturing engineer in a, you guessed it, manufacturing plant.

Have you ever told them you moonlight as Princess Diana? stick out tongue

Strangely that has not come up stick out tongue

mechmoggy
Good lord, another Manufacturing Engineer!

What industry do you work in, botankus? What type of equipment have you got in your plant?

Oh how sad, I'm quite excited about someone elses factory. embarrasment

soleran30
I am a trashman...............although I tend to drop off more then I pick up.................

Pandemoniac
Logistics and purchase in a printing company, also supervising safety and environmental regulations

MC Mike
Student.

Some part-time programming.

Ken Kenobi
This sounds like total shit, but...Stock Boy. erm But if you think about it, without us the product would never be available on the store shelves, therefore you would not get the product.

(That is just me trying to make my job sound important)

I am also a freelance web designer and graphic artist.

This is just temporary until I can find that one job that truly suits me and I can make a career out of.

My dream is to one day own my own movie theater or chain of movie theaters.

Isredel
I'm a student that wants to study in Collunary Arts.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Isredel
I'm a student that wants to study in Collunary Arts.

I delved into that briefly. I love cooking, but wouldn't want to do it as a career, that would take the fun away.

Itzak
I teach Martial Arts at a school.

fini
i'm a Physics teacher

but gonna go back to university to do Mech eng.

KidRock
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Freelance writer and illustrator/artist.

So unemployed?

I am a student.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.