Christian Bale As Bruce Wayne/Batman! What do you guys Think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scifigunslinger
I think it's a great idea for Bale to play Gotham richest man.

Metroplex
Well Christian Bale is a good actor. And he does look "dark" with his role in American Psycho as how Batman should be. I think he will do good.

Augeybana
no one can beat Micheal Keaton ad batman no one.

Metroplex
Michael Keaton was good as Batman, but what happened to him??? I haven't heard from him in a long time.

BOPRecruit 16
yeah, what did happen to him? cristian bale as the batz?! no way! gosh, is there no one that can fit the part like micheal keaton did? i can think of no one right now. i've heard that guy pearce was a possiblity as SuperHero Hype!

DemonicGambit
Keaton was the best Bat. He had the attitude and did that thing with his eyebrows. But noo they didn't think he was sexy enough...

Kes
Well keaton was also the 1st so...wink
I think Bale is great for it. He's a really good actor, besides he looks good big grin

JixQuillan
You gotta find someone a bit older like late 30's mid 40's

doomboy
Christian Bale would be an inspired choice to play Wayne/Batman. What great thinking, scifigunslinger. He's got a well muscled body without being frickin Mr Universe, he's got great cheekbones, and he can play dark characters without seeming too cartoonish.

I think some people should stop living in the past. Keaton was a good Batman. The best there's been. However, I find it hard to believe he'll ever squeeze into the costume again.

I say, give Bale a chance.

DB xxx

billyboyd4ever
yea...me too, but like is it for sure that hes gonna be batman??? and if so when would this movie be coming out??? please let me kno

BOPRecruit 16
everytime an actor is in the batman movies, it kind of ruins their acting careers. as in they don't get good movies for a while. not saying i hate batman movies.

cyberharpie
Bale is one of the best choices for Batman. I hear it is really being concidered for the part.

The studios would be wise to chose an actor like Bale, he's a well-rounded, and mature actor. Not to mention, he's damn good looking!

Who woudn't love him as the Bat?

Didn't you see Equilibrium??

SlayerChick1188
i hear that for the next batman, a british actor named hugh dancy was being considered... what about him?

MaverickIce
No

cyberharpie
They're considering, Christian Bale (my personal fav), Hugh Dancy (nice name, huh?) Henry Cavill (guy who is the son in the Count of Monte Cristo), and two or three other people who I feel are so ridiculous they are not worth mentioning.

But if you really want to know, just ask.

As for those three, I want Bale as Batman. Cavill is cute, but maybe too young--he's 20. And I 've never seen Dancy Happy Dance in anything.

snlovergirl
Bale is going to be the next batman! says so on cnn.com, they start filming in early 2004. obviously hes my favbig grin

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/12/film.batman.ap/index.html

i hope the link above workssmile

BABOON
kurt russell should play batman... laughing out loud or bruce campbell

Corran
I think they plan is to show Batman the early years, so someone older would not have done.

cyberharpie
BALE IS BATMAN!!!
big grin eek! smile cool

cyberharpie
BALE is the OFFICIAL
BATMAN! eek! cool big grin Happy Dance

according to Entertainment Tonight, Variety, any newspapare, Aint It Cool News, Cinescape.......etc.
Happy Dance

Asami
To be honest, I've only ever seen one Batman movie, the one with Val Kilmer - Batman Forever.
I didn't think much of the movie though my bf's a big fan of comics, told me i watched the worst ever batman movie next to the George Clooney one?

Ah, and if Batman was originally meant to be a charming/mysterious looking guy, then Mr bale has it cool

Mrs James Bond
Out of this generation of actors I honestly can't think of anyone else to play Batman/Bruce other than Mr Bale, he is a fantastic actor, Christopher Nolan has made the best choice (I heard Josh Hartnett was being considered.........I won't even go there). I am however, worried about Halle Berry being cast as Catwoman in the new movie titled 'Catwoman'.........no one but Michelle Pfieffer is Catwoman!!

Terrible Bat
Great that Christan Bale as Bruce Wayne the Batman

Happy Dance

badkittykitty
that will be so great I adore him..

badkittykitty
that one not to good of a pic here another...

nV myMovieskill
Well I loved Equalibruim it suprised me i went to go see if without seeing a preview... So I know Christian bale will be a good batman he has the same darkness that I love keaton for. But why dont you think that halle berre will be a good catwomen? Well Eartha kit played a good cat women a long long long long long long time ago. so maybe halle is just trying to fill her shoes. I have to say the Halle did ruin storm!!! storm should have been Iman.. but anyway Christian bale will be the and excelent batman second to keaton...

agentsmith114
i dont know how this guy is. i havent seen his stuff, if you can believe that, but i hope he's better than george clooney. (i cant even believe he was accepted as being batman. but then again, if you look at the script, you wonder how that was accepted.) anyway, i hope the new batman is good (better than the last ones) and bale does an excellent job bringing bruce wayne to life. lets cross our fingers, everyone.

MUSE(a band)_16
christian bale is a great actor
you have to see AMERICAN PSYCHO.
awsome awsome awsome...

plenTpak52
I'm still surprised they're actually making another one. I mean, I cannot say enough how horrible Batman Forever was. Then Batman & Robin sucked too. I dont know how, after that, they are going to continue the saga. ESPECIALLY without Michael Keaton and Tim Burton

agentsmith114
to say the least, batman and robin sucked. it sucked majorly. george clooney as batman...no. chris o'donnel was okay as robin, but i think he could have been a whole lot better if his part were just a little bit better. (actually, if the two batman movies he was in were a little bit better, he might have been a hit with me.) and i dont like the fact that batman and robin had to have three villains. THREE?! like my father says when we start up a talk about the movies, if you cant have one good villain you love to hate, then you better go back to square one. (or, he said something to that extent.)
verdict: see batman from 89. its a god when you watch the crap that was batman and robin. (and im being gentle)

SlayerChick1188
Hopefully this one'll be better than the last.. three movies sick well

Hooray for Christian Bale!!! Happy Dance thumb up yes

badkittykitty
see my piccies ^ hell yeah he's awesome!!

slinger
Aha! I knew I would be right. Go Bale! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

SlayerChick1188
laughing out loud yay!

WESTISBEST
Bale is a superb choice.
He is a mixture of Keoton and Kilmer.
The dark personality of Keaton and the build of Kilmer.
He seems like he could be the best Batman yet.
Now let's hope the uniform isn't a black molded plastic outfit like before.

Philldwill
I am so stoked that Bale is playing Batman. I think he will bring the darkside back into batman that has all but faded away in the last two films. I am so happy that I want to find the casting Directer and kiss Him/Her, hopefully her.
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Darth Vicious
Im looking forward to seeing Blae as Batman but i hope Robin aint in the movie!

agentsmith114
i agree. robin should be left out for now. i mean, i dont like robin too much. i dont know why, but i feel like batman should just be a solo guy and not have any partner. (plus its weird with two guys living in a cave together.) big grin

IM ONLY JOKING!

Philldwill
Well concidering that Bale is a young guy, I doubt they would have Robin with him. They would be almost the same age, and as we all know that would just be wrong. I heard that Scarecrow is going to be the villian, that will be interesting. I am also quite happy having Chris Nolan directing it. Momento is a great flick.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

agentsmith114
i have heard that scarecrow will be in it, along with ra's al gul (i guess that's how you spell it). a website said that one of the sets has an egyptian look to it, so we can assume that al gul will be in batman 5. and if scarecrow is in it, hee hee hee...that could be interesting.

P.S. here's a website thats got some pretty good batman news on it, if you dont know about it already:
www.batman-on-film.com big grin

laughing

Vincent Rendar
I dont know, he looks like a small batman, of course.....batman looks huge in the cmoics..heh....look at the way jim lee drew him, bale looks so skinny. but hes definately got the vibe, she should hit the weights, like Jason scott Lee did for SOLDIER

Jade_Eyes
Chritian Baale has both a ghreat physique and good energy fo rthe part. He plays dark real well.

I do agree I tend to like the batman thats both scaryt o lookat because of the costume but also but shear presense. At least 6'2' 200 lbs raw muscle. Olympic level athlete.

Mr Parker
Wrong,I really like the choice of Christian Bale as Batman.He is a MUCH better choice for the role than Michael Keaton was.Good bye Pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald,short runt Michael Keaton,hello Christian Bale who you are so physically right for the role unlike keaton. smile

BalesButterfly
Christian Bale rocks!!!!!! He's got that mysterious look to him. Yeah, Michael Keaton was awesome as Batman, but he decided not to return and every Batman since sucked. I think Bale is perfect for the role. He may out do Keaton. He's absolutley handsome. His voice alone, underneath that bat suit, is enough to make anyones heart race. And we all know he looks great in a buisness suit, after seeing American Psyhco. I love Christian Bale and can't wait to see him as Bruce Wayne!!!!

Mr Parker
actually ALL the batman movies sucked.Again Keaton was a horrible choice for the role.

Arachnoidfreak
Bale looks like a b!tch. really, the serial killer role was best for him. Keaton is, was, and forever will be the best Batman. if they cast him now, he wouldnt do because he is...old...but back in '89, he was perfect.

Gregory
Based entirely on two photos of him in the bat-suit, you can tell that Bale won't do a good job? I wish I was that perceptice.

punkyhermy
i have never seen any movie with bale in it.in fact i had never even heard of him before this....let's just hope he makes as good a batman as the animated kevin-conroy bats, if not better!

Red Superfly
To me, Kevin Conroy made the perfect Batman. If Bale can at least mimmick or have parts of Conroys Batman, then I'll be happy.

Mr Parker
thumb down more like the worst batman next to Clooney of course.Bale will be MUCH better.

punkyhermy
yeh!
thats true!

snlovergirl
for those of you interested, Christian Bale is on the cover of Entertainment weekly and he is number one on the must list for his role of batman

punkyhermy
wait isn't that bale in your sig?

Mr Zero
If you have any doubts that Bale can pull this off take a look at "Equilibrium".

No doubt in my mind that bale can do the role, just depends if he's got the script and the story to work with.

Kevin Conroy still rules the roost tho.

punkyhermy
yes. i wholeheartedly agree.Conroy's THE batman

Daywalker
Last time they searched for an actor physically correct for a super hero, we got Dolph Lundren as the Punisher roll eyes (sarcastic) sick

Michael Keaton is king of the Bat-Mountain until Christian can show me otherwise.

Daywalker
I also like his dark side in American Psycho. That makes for a good Bruce already.

Kevin Conroy has the perfect Batman voice....................................ummmmm, but that's about it. The guy looks more like the Joker laughing

Daywalker
Your ability to predict the future slays me. I like Christian but Mike is the man. You sit back and think about 1989 when michael hit the big screen in the cape and cowl. He redefined Batman and put new life into the franchise. Despite what you say, Christian has his work cut out for him.

I hope he does well because Batman and his fans really need this.

Daywalker
One question for you,

Is there any thread that you belong to where you say anything remotely positive? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Dark Lady
I'm not sure about this Christian dude...... I mean, I know it's not fair to compare EVERY new Batman to Micheal Keaton because he was, is, and always will be the best Batman ever.... I'm not even sure if I want to see the new movie and I'm one of the biggest Batman fanatics on the planet! But, if someone can answer me, I would appretiate it:
I saw a picture of a "tank" like vehicle.... Is that the new Batmobile, or is it a new thing all together? I heard it was the Batmobile and if it is I'm gunna cry! It's more like a Bat-Le Tank!

-Batgirl, The Dark Lady rock rock devil pirate geek

Punkyhermy
I honestly fail to see HOW can Keaton be labeled as the best Batman yet???!!!!
Just the scene where he, with oh so much trouble, holds the Joker by the collar and whispers, i tell you WHISPERS, "Did u ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?', makes me sick to the stomatch!

Mr Parker
Yeah I cant believe so many people swoon over keaton as batman.I liked Val Kilmer MUCH better as Bruce Wayne/Batman because not only was his acting good in forever but unlike Keaton he at least physically fit the role.If he had just dyed his hair black he would have been awesome for the role of Bruce Wayne.I am glad that Nolan unlike Burton cares about making a good choice for the role of Batman.BALE unlike Keaton is perfect for the role Of Bruce Wayne.

Mr Parker
Mike is the man only as in being laughable as Batman. laughing Keaton only redifined it as a laughable choice in the role of Batman.For once you have said something that we agree on though.I also hope Bale does well because after that nightmare BATMAN franchise that Idiot Tim Burton made making the worst casting choice in comicbook history with Keaton for the role,batman fans who were pissed about that-"and I have encountered many over the years just like me and punky hermy who feels that way," batman fans really do need this.

The Tater
Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman is perfect. Absolutely perfect. That's all I have to say on the matter.

ClarksPrincess
I think that Christian Bale will do extremely well as Bruce Wayne, I mean come on, he's hot, and Batman is the heart-throb and most eligible bachelor of Gotham !! I mean if the shoes fit, put them on and strutt your stuff !! Go Christian ! I will definitly be going to see that one !
stick out tongue

Punkyhermy
Agreed!

slinger
I made this thread a while ago, and people are posting in it again, wow. big grin

darktim1
I think christian bale was a good pick for batman he looks so mysterious in teaser trailer plus like batman movies my favorite one was with nicole kidman and batman in that movie can't remember actors name for now out.

Bat Dude
Christian is a good choice LIKE KEATON! How do you not like Keaton? He was the original Bat(besides West who is also better than Conroy) I don't think Magurie was fit enough to be Spidey but he was chosen because of his acting, not because he's some dreamboat like some think.(I'm sorry that I've been posting alot over the few days) and Conroy isn't even fit enough to play Batman in a motion picture, not an animated movie! And I think Clooney was a decent Wayne but Bale and Keaton are the two to call home about!

malinsk
Uhhm, frankly I think Richard Dreyfuss would make a better Batman than any of those guys as long as someone besides Tim "Butcher" Burton has the bulk of creative input. He admitted to having never even read a comic book . . . Give the whole thing to James Cameron or Kevin Smith, I say. Then recast the whole thing: Richard Dreyfuss as Batman, Seth Green as Robin, Bill Murray as Scarecrow, Kathy Bates as Batgirl, and Owen Wilson as Alfred. It'd still be better than any steaming pile of crap Burton would deficate.

malinsk
Defecate, with an "e" hehe.

darktim1
he should be a good bat man he can take role dark and then light so this movie should be different than the rest.

lifeisaglich
Gorge Clooney was the best the bruce wayne but not batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.