Why not use a time turner? *** spoiler***

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Turner
****Spoiler****

Why cant harry use a time turner to get back the person who died?

Lokia
Time Turners have dire concequences, also they are watched by the Minisry. Which is why Malfoy hasn't gone back in time and killed the Potters himself for his Lord.

charmaine
i agree the ministry is very strict and would know proffessor magonigal had to ask permision and explain why she neede one for hermione and it was to be used only for her lessons hang on now i think about it she used so siruis could escape with buckbeak maybe they could get hold of one and use it before siruis goes behind the veil maybe he will return in book 6

Rotwang
The time turner can be used to go back into the past, but it can't be used to actually change the past.

In PoA, we assumed that Buckbeak was killed because Harry, Ron and Hermione heard the axe strike - but we didn't actually *KNOW* Buckbeak was dead. In fact, everything that Harry and Hermione did when they used the time turner was only possible because it had already happened.

ladyblueyes
actually in the 3rd book if u remember, dumbledore told hermione to use it to SAVE black and Buckbeak....i mean thats a really good idea but i see it unlikely that they would use that "again" to save Sirius

LilyGinnyBlack
Plus, if Sirius hadn't fallen T_T, then Bellatrix wouldn't have ran and then Harry wouldn't have followed her, Dumbledore wouldn't have followed him, Voldemort and Bellatrix would have just left in an instant and Dumbledore wouldn't have been there to prolong time and let the Aurors and Minister of Magic get there in time to see Voldemort. So, if a time turner were used to go back and save Sirius the Ministry of Magic would still be denying the return of the Dark Lord and the people of the Wizarding World (most anyway) would still be in the dark about his return and a TON of other horrid stuff would have come out of this mess if Sirius hadn't fallen. So, a time turner, though I hate to say it T_T, would do more harm then good. . . sad

airangel429
Good Point...no one would want that chance to bring LORD V back.......OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH UNLESS THEY HAD AN ATTACK PLAN TO GET HIM>????????

unibrow
sorry to say but i think jkr puttin the time turner in da book was a huge mistake....first of all who would give a 13 year old girl a time machine? and second it seems way too easy...cuz if fudge REALLY wanted to catch sirius he couldve used a time turner that day when sirius was trapped in flitwicks office....it just doesnt seem realisitic

LilyGinnyBlack
It is very realistic because Fudge knows what can happen when you mess with time. Also he didn't know that Hermione and Harry were going to go back in time to save Sirius. To him they were both in the hospital room asleep and Sirius Black was locked in the Flitwick's office. Even after he found out that Sirius somehow magical left and went back in time to recapture Sirius he would have ran into Hermione and Harry, making the whole story longer and the climax not be the climax. Also making a lot more problems and making the plot much more complex and hard to follow because some people have trouble understanding time travel. You and me may have gotten that little bit of time travel, but little kids may have had trouble with that little bit of going back in time. So imagine how hard it would have been for them if you added the whole bit about Fudge going back in time and meeting Harry and Hermione.

That is why everything happens for a reason in life and in novels(series'). Also as we all know Hermione got permission to it use from the Ministry, it is not like she just stole it or something or found it, she had to get permission to use it. Also, since when, has Hermione been compeared to a normal thirteen-year old. She is much more mature for her age and has knowledge beyond her years. She is very responsible and is not carless with the things she is given, she acts much older then she really is!

You really should think deeper into things before you make a comments like that unibrow!!! >_<

LilyGinnyBlack
Oh, and it wasn't a time machine, it was a time turner!!!! There is a difference! A time machine lets a person go forward and backwards in time, and lets you go YEARS into the future or past, YEARS!!! As for a time turner, which allows a person to only go backwards in time AND only go back a few HOURS at the most!!! So there is a BIG difference between letting a thirteen-year old girl use a time machine compared to a time turner and that is YEARS compared to HOURS!!!! You should read what you right more carefully!!! mad

ladyblueyes
good one there lilyginnyblack!!! i couldn't agree with u more!!

LilyGinnyBlack
Thank you! big grin People really should think through everything that JK puts in her book before they say it was a huge mistake!

jero000
also the book is based about harry potters adventures not fudges...

unibrow
okay u tards thats not really what i meant and i know its a time turner not a time machine i was just trying to emphazise my point! fudge was just an example..an u pple should really lighten up! to each her/his own opinion i wasnt trying to offend jk rowling or anything i think shes an amazing author i was just saying i think the time turner is a bit lame if she doesnt use or talk about it in future books cuz then its just like some stupid thing she used to finish off her book.

and even if hermione behaves beyond her years she is still a kid and everyone makes mistakes...even dumbledore as we see in hp5

LilyGinnyBlack
I didn't want to sound to mean or anything, it is just that you just sorta said what you said, but didn't back it up or explain. You didn't make yourself clear and all, that's it. I'm sorry if I offended you or anything.

unibrow
*sniff* embarrasment *sob* apology accepted....*sniffle*

just kidding!! im not offended its just weird that u got so defensive for no reason...pple criticise so pple can get others views...damn! and i thought i was obsessed!

*sniff* im sorry ill use my indoor voice from now on

phindingnemo
Well I think what LilyGinnyBlack Is right about what Hppend to Sirius. and that if they used a time turner then Lord Voldemort would have not been discoverd by the Ministery of Magic! Well the thing that has Muffled me is that what if it was not Sirius's time to die. But that is what I think so I m not sur!. Well cya,
-Roxy-

phindingnemo
Oh and I think that Sirius is the bomb baby!
-Roxy-

ladyblueyes
so true about the time turner being a force that COULD bring the DARK LORD back even though he is back. i think that it would be good in a way to use it just to save sirius BUT then again bad b/c of lord v....seems like everyone is just to "scared" to fight him with the exception of harry and dumbledore

Tonks
Yah,
i Agree with ladyblueyes! no one will have the guts to fight against him lord Voldemort. and I think that J.K. Rowling Killed him for a reason. sad confused even though it is very sad it was done for a reason. I think that she will do something in the 6th or 7th book that realates to his death. yah know about what dumbldore said in the 5th book about that door in the Department of Mysteries always being locked. well That is just my Idea.

airangel429
Actually......if you all remember.....Luna, NEVILLE, Ginny, Hermy, Ron were all with Harry and all were eager to go and help Sirius...and it didn't matter HOW DANGEROUS it was................... the kids are braver than the adults... and why are they so scared? If there are muggles, why don't they just take a gun and shoot him! smile I know....b/c maybe he will dissapperate...but still..you would think there are OTHER ways to take care of him..

OH AND I THINK FUDGE is under a spell...b/c he is AWFULLY under the impression that the Dark Lord doesn't exist...even when they saw....he was stumbling for words...didn't anyone else think this was weird? He couldn't deny it..b/c everyone else had seen what was going on and witnessed his being there.

Mormegil
I never thought about that... I mean, Malfoy was always hanging around the ministry and stuff... what if he put the Imperius Curse on Cornelius? I mean, wouldn't it have been easy? And note how fudge was out to get Dumbledore. What if the whole thing about believing that Dumbledore is plotting against him just a cover for Malfoy using Cornelius to stop Dumbledore and all. That's really deep! I never would have thought...

airangel429
thanks....i have been thinking it since book 4 actually

Mormegil
I hope you don't mind me starting that thread...

airangel429
no go ahead...i didn't mind big grin

Superseeker
this question may be off the subject a bit but when you were talking about jk and the mistakes she made in writing i had to say something that has bothered me. Jk is an awesome writer and i totally love her books however she does have some flaws. heres one that i just noticed. You can only see theastrals when you see someone die right. However at the end of harry potter 4 after harry has seen Cedric die he still cant see the theastrals. It even says on page 724 that the carrages still seemed horseless to Harry. Now sorry but that doesnt make sence to me
Does it have some sort of delayed reaction. Give me your thoughts

celestial_moon
this has already been confirmed. u have 2 let the death sink in, meaning get used 2 it and move on.

ladygrim
what is meant of happened happen ... but mayb it happen for a good reason mayb 'the dead one' if he comes bak brings bak something of some signifagnce to help harry defeat the dark lord

celestial_moon
he cant have a time turner. time turners r only issued by the ministry. i dont think the ministry will allow him 2 have 1 2 bring back what they think is a murder

ladygrim
yes and mayb they think he mite take it to far and try and save his parents which will screw it all up

Tonks
The ony reason why they cant use them is cause then Voldemort wouldnt have come to the ministry and then we have alot of complications.

Voldemort would not have gone to the ministry and all and fought Dumbledore. then the ministry would have had to find out that he had risen the hard way so there are just to many things that would have to happen to use the time turner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.