The Rolling Stones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ladyblueyes
ok the stones ARE the GREATEST!!!!! Keith Richards will be the last person EVER on the planet!! jus b/c he has lived this long going through all he has went through B/4 so.... draw ur own conclusions

Baylin
Yeah Keef's pretty much picked/preseved himself!

TedO
I ma actually be going to see the Stones in concert up here in Canada in a few months... a friend of mine has a few extra tickets and he's giving them away to friends... but, of course, to do it fair he's doing a draw. Grrrr... he should just give them to me.

ladyblueyes
Thats really gr8!!! that u might be going to see them when they come up their!!! my dad told me that the only way that i will be able to see them is on the wheel-chair tour!!! but i think its gr8 that they have stayed together through eerything that they have went through!!

finti
never liked the Stones always found them boring

finti
have to agree on the Keith matter though he is one tough dude, guess staying away from vegtables aint all that bad afther all then. Even though I never cared for stones they have some tunes I like so......
Fav stones song is Miss You

ladyblueyes
Keith is one gr8 musician....and so is ALL the rest of the group!! but its like this u either like them or u dont like them...they're a group that u fall in LOVE with or they just dont appeal to u at all....and everyone is intitled to their own opinion too.....but most of the time if u are a stones fan u are not a beatles fan or vise versa!! smile

finti
I like the Beatles big grin didnt want to go there though.
My really love likes among the progressive rock bands of the late 60`s and early 70`s the likes of Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin

TedO
I like both the Stones and teh Beatles... what am I, afreak?

diegocala
The Stones are on my all time favorite list!

ladyblueyes
ok the stones are the gr8est BAND ever!! Tumbling Dice is my favorite song BY them.....and tedo...u r not a freak just the exception to my conclusions....did u know that Keith Richards birthday is the 18th day of the 12th month of the 43rd year in the 19th centuray??

Baylin
My dad always said people either liked the stones or the beattles but I like both although I do prefer the stones.
I used to play a few stones numbers in a covers band I was in and they always went down really well!

ladyblueyes
thats really cool that u played some of the stones songs!!! which ones did u guys play?? i would to hear about them!!

Baylin
Brown Sugar, All Over Now, Honky Tonk Women.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/band.gif

I'm sure I've played others but I cant quite remember what wink

ladyblueyes
man I LOVE HONKY TONK WOMAN!!!!! i saw S.Crow do it with them!!! in new york city!!! oh man it was like SOOO awesome!! that one is right up there with my favorites !!! u should try SATISFACTION or POISEN IVY!!! those are really good songs too!!

ladyblueyes
if anyone knows a keith richards song that he sings by himself would u please let me know?? someone has told me that there's a song besodes HAPPY that he does alone!! thanks

happy kine
stones are classic!

Baylin
Satisfaction! that was the other stones song I used to play.

I saw a documentary with Keef playing a real bluesy tune by himself on an acoustic guitar, don't know what its called, but I might have it on video somewhere.

ladyblueyes
thats really awesome!! u guys are terrific!! i thought that i was the only stones fan left!! u know at the rock-n-roll hall of fame they have a hate letter to the stones!! can u believe that!! that makes me very unhappy mad but oh well!!

ladyblueyes
ok people one of my really good friends just scored front row seats to the upcoming event in toronto! im so jealous! lol he said that he was gonna try to take some pics w/a polor. and if they come out he is gonna try and get me an autograph from keith!

Baylin
Good luck! smile

ladyblueyes
thank u i really hope i get one!!

Baylin
I hope you do I mist out on the chance to see them at Wembley arena in London 3 years ago. 3 mates went said it was fantastic, but I had to work sad

ladyblueyes
oh man that has to suck!! im sorry!! i would have been really p-od about it!! my parents went to see them in charlotte when i was younger and said it was so amazing!! the closest i have gotten to seeing them live was when they were on hbo live from Madison Square Garden back in january of this year! i so wanted to be there! but all in all maybe on year we will be able to see them in person! we hope right??

Baylin
One must always have hope!

ladyblueyes
it would be so amazing to see them live!! and if i dont EVER get to see them i will feel as if my life is NOT complete!! i really love them!! thats why i am getting the mouth tattood onto my back!! its not gonna be huge but its gonna be big enough for people to see!!

ladyblueyes
i saw an interview with the stones and they said that they aren't burnt out they are just tired of touring

Baylin
Well they have been at it a while now

ladyblueyes
yea thats true! i just cant get used to the idea of them not touring....

Baylin
Well there have been a lot of bands say that. Give it a while, they'll get bord and start touring again. I just hope they do more UK dates cos for a British band I think they've been mean, just b'cos they dont want to pay the tax's they'll get charged!

ladyblueyes
yea thats true! im kinda partial that they are touring more here in the u.s. though! be easier for me to see them if i ever get enough money together! lol

Baylin
Happy Birthday Mr Jagger!

ladyblueyes
Happy Birthday to Mick Jagger!!!! the "knight" we love u mick!!

Baylin
Check this out blueyes
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/competitions/rollingstones.shtml
The interviews are good so far!

Korri
oh ya the Stones r fan-bloody-tastic!!

ladyblueyes
soooooo TRUE!!!

ToMacco
I'd love to go see the Stones in concert. Except, their ticket prices are a little high.

It's still worth it, though. Because one day I want to be watching VH1 with my son; and we'll be watching the Stones, and I'll be able to say "Yeah, I saw them in concert."

By the way, I don't have a son yet.

ladyblueyes
lol yea i would love to do that with my child but i am only 18 i dont need them right now heck i dont even have a man!! but whatever! Keiths b-day will be here in exactly 3 months!!!! yay!! almost 60
i saw an interview with mick jagger the other night talking about a movie he was in...i dont know the name of it. if ne one has ne idea of a movie he has played in more recently i would love to know!! thanks guys

worldindustries
I like their song ''Paint it black''

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.