*Scariest Movie of All Time*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chica16
What is your opinion on the scariest movie of all time?

Mine...

THE HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh j/k

Halloween 1 & 2

scared me bad

BackFire349
the shining is the only movie to ever truley scare me.

myersguy
Yeh have to agree wif Back Fire The shining

chica16
o yea that did scure me i cried at that one

TedO
The Shining scared the crap out of me, too.

I couldn't rightly say what's the scariest of all time, but that would definetly be in the running.

Lt.Columbo
Scariest Movie.....Barbie in Nuttcracker.

Augeybana
scariest movie I ever seen "It's Pat".I couldn't sleep for 2 days.

Baylin
I think the only movie that really scared me was Basket Case and that's only because I was about 5 when I saw it!

alic88
THE RING

KidRock
the ring made me laugh!!! the girl walked out of the TV!

Lt.Columbo
LAUGH! It was Creepy!

Mafia Girl
the ring scared the crap out of me the 1st time i saw it...i still dont know what the little girl looks like cuz i cover my eyes when she comes out of the TV lol!

badkittykitty
the exorcist is still the scariest movie to me but texas chain saw massace is a close second.

BackFire349
chainsaw put exorcist to shame.

badkittykitty
it really did scare the hell out me..I think exorcistis scarier because i saw it when i was young and not suppose to be waching it which made more scary 'cause I thought I'd get in trouble.
I know you might think this is kinda lame but the hills have eyes really scared me alot,I had to watch it in segments..

Sheepz
Resident Evil, I didn't sleep sound for a week.

Klear Eyez
Personally I say The Wizard of Oz.... that god damn wickid witch of the west scares the shit out of me. I still have nightmares about that ****in laugh and those god forsaken flyin monekys.

mechmoggy
I don't get scared by a film in total, I usually just freak out at certain parts then laugh at myself for being a big girl, i.e. -

During "Signs" I jumped nearly 2' in the air when that dog barked. embarrasment

During 28 days later I freaked out when that chained up rage victim came running at the lead character. embarrasment

chica16
from justin to kelly...i couldn't sleep for a week

cgtuna21
the scariest movie is scary movie. j/j. definitely the exorcist. that scared the hell of of me.

wicker_man
The scariest films ive seen did not make me jump but make me think:
28 Days Later - This film made me think 'hey this could really happen'.
The Amitytiville Horror - They say it was based on a real event and seeing this film made me wonder of the sheer terror real people went through.
And finally Ghostwatch - This was a BBC production that may have not got a US airing but the documentary set out made it so realistic it caused wise spread panic with a large majority of the public believing it was real sheer terror at its best.

scifigunslinger
Ballistic:Ecks vs. Sever. That movie was so stupid I had to seek therapy.

BellaButterfly
THe scariest movie pour moi is ANY CHUCKY MOVIE!!!!!

KidRock
the scariest movie is definetly Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Hands down!

damn those oompa loompas damn them and there moms to hell...

h0ck3yh0rr0r
anyone seen the Candyman movies?

mikeysgothicgur
The shining scared the holy h**l out of me

ChinaNiki
Children of the Corn

We had a track meet once in a town where the cemetary was bigger than the town and there was a huge corn field right across from the school and to get to the track you had to walk down this path through the woods. None of us wanted to get off the bus.

Rogue Jedi
how about the movie where the girl is babysitting the kids and she keeps getting crank calls. the caller says "have you checked the children?" this goes on all night until she calls the police. the police tell her "GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!! HES CALLING YOU FROM UPSTAIRS!!!!!"

unrpunk
the friday the 13th movies! not counting jason x, i still cant watch those at night by myself!

blackicedragoon
mech was right, i saw Signs in theater and i jumped so high when the dog barked, i was embaressed.

Celsius
i have not seen a movie that has scared me sinse i was 10 sad. please suggest a couple!!! I'M DESPERATE (im not in to blood and guts, that doesnt scare me at all)
i wish to se the shining ive never fully seen it.

BackFire349
the shining for sure, really creepy and haunting stuff.

Celsius
ill check it out as soon as i get the chance.
ps. has anyone seen "Hellraiser: Bloodline"? Its the biggest lump of faecal matter that i have ever layed my eyes upon.

Tired Hiker
One movie that scared the hell out of me was the first Alien. My dad took me to see it one day when he took me shopping for sneakers. I was trying on a pair of shoes and he looks out the store window and saw the theatre across the street was showing Alien, so he took me at an age I don't even remember, so I cried like a baby and had to take a break where my dad explained to me how movies are fake and it was all actors and special effects and then we went back in the theatre and I was able to watch the rest without balling like a baby, which I practically was at the time. So, yeah, Alien. And Halloween.

frootlooplucy
the1970s version of Planet of the Apes!! seriously freaky stuff, lol!

ragesRemorse
without a doubt Ninja turtles three, aside of that id say Rawhead Rex, in the mouth of madness and pumkin head wihout mentioning the classics of the shining, excorsist and original chainsaw massacre the original troll freaks me out too

Iluvjohnnydepp
ummm....I dont get scared easily, but the ring KINDA scared me...OH and Signs was OK the one part when the hand grab for his face...that was creepy

cobra
I am a 13 year old kid, iv watched the Shinning, the Ring, signs...... a whole bunch of scary movie.........if thats wut u wanna call them?? i watched them wit a friend alone @ nite and none of them freaked me out. God, The ring, thats not scary one bit, ppl sayin that it is the scariest movie of alll time....I am rentin pyscho tonite and i hope that freaks me out a bit lol. Though i have to say the ring scared the shiz out of my 7 year old sis. she wouldnt sleep, or go to the washroon, or go upstairs alone, even if i waz in the day. I am very sad to see ppl sayin jaws and others and movies like that r scary, THEY ARE NOT SCARY< HOLY CRAP

h0ck3yh0rr0r
look "kid", if your gonna post "shit" like that then dont even bother posting any type of "shit". Different people have different kinds of fears...or "phobias". Some people are scared of sharks, the dark, creatures, the closet, dogs, cats, cemetaries, flutes (lol) there are many kinds of fears. And some people find these movies scary. The ring, signs weren't scary(to me). The shining was a freaky movie but it was great. Maybe YOU're not scared of any movies well good for u. But some people get scared and thats even better. Cuz they enjoy watching horror movies. I cant imagine how someone would like horror movies when they dont even get scared or even a little. I bet while your watching the movie your thinking about other things so you wont get scared....(i typed fast cuz i was pissed srry for any gramatical error)

Tired Hiker
Sometimes horror movies are scarier in the movie theatre than when you rent them and watch them at home. The Ring freaked me out in the theatre mainly becuase of the sound. When I watched it at home, it didn't seem that scary. Then again, I had already seen it so I knew what was going to happen. But I still thing scary movies are freakier in a theatre than home.

ragesRemorse
you know to post on horror movies you should have some kind of understanding of horror movies, like that even though a movie doesnt scare you,doesnt mean its not scary. id be surprised to see a 13 year old today that would be scared of a horror movie seeing how there so descencitized by special effects and copies of copies of copies of original movies. there was a time long ago when people would watch a movie and put themselves in the story like reading a book , but i guess bad film making a dry scripts make that hard today but eigther way horror movies liike all others are meant for fun not to be taken seriously , in this day and age its kind of hard to take any thing seriously anymore anyway

BackFire349
the shining is masterfully done, the feeling of isolation and the movie push its already overwhelming eerily calm atosphere even farther.

scary_shine
some movies is scarier at the theater.I jumped in the air when the dog barfed in Signs.And several times during the Ring.
If you don`t think a horror movie is scary,don`t watch it...There`s no point in it...I watch scary movies to be frightened and delighted...not just to brag of it later...So,"kid"...yeah...

The scariest movies I`ve seen:
The Exorcist
The Ring
first time of Blair witch
Halloween
And Chucky...that mean puppet...*goosepimples*
Have only read "the shining",f***in` brilliant,can`t wait to see the movie...Preciousssssss...

skule
the exorcist scared me so bad as a kid, i am still scared when i watch it now!!

mechmoggy
Agreed, the cinema experience cannot be achieved at home.

Don't you hate it when you re-watch scary films with full knowledge of the "scary bits", but yet you still jump when they happen?

I was watching dog soldiers yet again today and I still jumped when the dead cow lands in the camp. eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

scary_shine
yeah,I know!I`m like,oh-now`s the part when I`m suposed to jump-so DON`T!And then I do.I always do,cuz I get scared...

ragesRemorse
yeah its true no movie can be the same when compared to being seen in the theater, but there is certainly a lure that exists when watching a good horror movie hate home that you cant get on the big screen, its just much more personal watching it at your home, in the dark alone even though after i hit about 7 i never got scared wathing scary movies before but i still can be disturbed which is what i gun for nowa days , or even sitting home with a bunch of friends berading a bad horror movie especially the ones that are supposed ot be good well those are just happy times

BackFire349
some movies are scarier if you watch them alone at home then if you watch them in a big crowded theater.

ChinaNiki
when i was a kid Critters had me scared to let my feet get out from under the covers and I think it was Twilight Zone the movie that really freaked me out

DemonicGambit
BlackFire is right, movies are scarier when you're at your house. An' I guess I would have to say....Um, the Nightmare on Elm Street movies

Mafia Girl
Well i think it depends...movie theaters tend to be scarier...but it also depends on the movie and the person.....i saw the ring and was soo scared but some people behind me were saying it wasnt scary at and and was funny how dumb it was.....also on the time of day if ur at home..if its bright outside and there are lights and stuff on in ur house then its not as scary....

toongary
The Ring was really scary in the cinema, so was Signs wen the Alien walked past on the news report! Also the walking down the stairs scene from the Exorcist special edition really freaks me out!

Vim
I thought phantoms was pretty scary the first time, as well as the Child's Play, Stephen King's IT is pretty scary the first time you watch it. The House was a well done true scary movie, not horror, horror is more hack and slash, like Friday the 13ths, and Halloweens.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
"It" was great movie.

bravegirl
Ghosthouse

BackFire349
if its truley a great horror movie, it wont matter where or at what time of day you watch it. if its its good, it will still get to you know matter what.

ragesRemorse
yeah i have to say the spider walk addition in the excorcist was freaky when she came walkin down those stairs

BackFire349
that was a cool scene.

TMWATA
Jaws was scary(i was going to propose to my girl when the shark pops out of the water at universal studios but less about me) and american werewolf in london was scary when you see the werewolf walk out from the tube station and into the esculator bit, oh and the changling that was scary.

slayer
the shining was crap! i don't know why people got scared when they saw it the rings fairly scary though

Anarion
Lol.. The Exorcist was kind of funny.
Though I found some scenes, especially the cross scene, err... not amusing.

el_barto
i didnt read the third or the fourth part of this conversation but i think that the knightmar on elm street was realy creepy (i saw it when i was 5 or 4 so u can imagine) and sighns scared me so much when the alien walks infront of the volkswagon i couldnt sleep that night i hate to say it but my perents made me watch it the next day and i wasnt scared (mainly becouse the first time i saw it it ws at night) bye

Sparrows Angel
The Exorcist
The Shining
The Ring
Hallowe'en 1 and 2

BeladonnaLeBeau
The Hours is a very kind and beautiful movie IMO.

Scariest ... IT and Nosferatu, der Phantom der Nacht

xogoddess81ox
i'd have to agree with chica that though i dunno if halloween scared me, maybe when i saw part 5 in the theaters cause i was like 8 or 9, but i do say that my favorite horror movies of all time are the halloween movies micheal is great he just seems to admire his work, did you ever notice how many times after he kills someone he just tilts his head and stares at them, like to say, "wow, i did a great job on that one!"

BackFire349
halloween is over rated, as is micheal myers. many people think that halloween was the first movie of its kind, it was not. people think micheal was the first of all the big name slashers, he was not. john carpenter saved the first movie from mediocrity.

Sparkle
The scariest movie that I've ever seen would have to be....um.... 13 Ghosts. The ghosts on that is enough to give u nightmares for a year!

slayer
i didn't find the exorcist disturbing or scary except 4 the cross scene

Sparkle
Anyone seen Children of the Corn?

slayer
yeah

eminem/the one
Black christmas, ginger snaps, the shining, the ring, freddy vs jason,and resident evil.

payney
hey i have just brought a new film from Japan called The Grudge. It scared the shit out of me more than any film i have seen including the Exorcist

Merry Lover
The wizard of oz really did scare me when i was little big grin
But now the movie that scares me most is Secret Window, I wanted to leave the cinema half way through! I alsmost had a heart attack when he looks under that cloth or whatever it is and his dog's under there confused

I also get scared when I look at BickFire's sig stick out tongue

meiwaku
The part where the horse died when it fell off the boat.... that part had me rolling around ont he theatre floor laughing my ass off for 10 minutes, people were giving me the evil eye.

Yeah... I cannot find a movie to this date that has ever scared me.

Elektra_lover
I saw that and it was very scary laughing

guille
personally I thing this is order:
the shining
28 days later
13 ghost
halloween 2

mattkorn
michael myers

mattkorn
mychael myers five

Cinemaddiction
Buncha lightweights invading these forums..

bitchcock839039
NOT SCARIEST MOVIE. SCARIEST TV PRO AND ITS THE TELETUBBIES messed messed messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.