**New Spiderman Cartoon on MTV**

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chica16
hehe i watched it tonight! did anybody else

MaverickIce
Yeah, I'm kinda doubtful about it, I like the cartoon concept more than the computer generated stuff. hopefully guest apperance's by other superheroes will be made, and that Venom will come soon. I'm SO sick of the Green Goblin!

sk8stuff09
i think the new spiderman cartoon is pretty cool. its computer animated though. why isnt there an episode on the origin of spiderman? Happy Dance

MaverickIce
Not another one!!

Darth Vicious
It was today SUnday, July 13, 2003?? if it was DAMMMMNNN i missed it, oh well its MTV theyll repeat it endessly!

kizz
ive seen the spider man animated series...i think its a little different but thats what television needs...different shows... rock

scifigunslinger
I think this series is pretty coll and aimed more at my generation-The 14-year-olds. And the reason there was no origin is because this is a continuation of the movie.

Ziggyzaz
I've seen the episodes that MTV has been religiously repeating and I like the show but it looks to much like a video game.

sk8stuff09
I KNEW THAT! yes

VampireGren
Dude this show is so underrated...this is the best show mtv has...its friggin great! ninja

LanceWindu
I saw the episodes the other day at 3:00 in the morning.

I thought the one with the guy being zapped by electricity was stupid.

I mean he was falling to the ground getting zapped and he automatically knows how to use his new powers within a few seconds???

But the second episode was much better.

I just don't like how they animated Mary Janes head. It's misshaped.

bluegrass
Yeah, I liked them both, but the second one was definitely better. They have a darker feel than previous SpiderMan series. I will definitely keep watching.

-=Urot=-
I agree that was allitle lame. When spiderman was bitten he didnt even know what to do. So how is this guy able to use his power like a pro??

DemonicGambit
I didn't like the consept of it being ALL, CG. I think cartoon version would have been better. But I did like the episodes, and I went to MTV.com and found out that Doc Croc is in the next one! But I don't wanna give too much away. But if you really must know, just go to mtv.com

Strong Bad
i've seen the first two last week and i'm gonna see the new episodes tonight

BOPRecruit 16
i'm so going to watch it tonight! i still can't believe i forgot last week because i was watching "whose line is it anyway?" instead.

Darth Vicious
Ive finally seen it and i still have doubts about it, i think the animated series from a couple of years back was better but wh knows maybe ill change my mind!

BOPRecruit 16
i used to watch that 90's toon alot, it's still on the fox family channel on saturday mornings. but normally i'm not up for it. i read somewhere that the toon is supposed to pick up after the first movie or something.

MTV's Spider-Man

this site has cool episode guides.

DemonicGambit
I used to watch the 90's cartoon too, but the new one is okay. The show I really liked was the 90's X-Men, what happened to that?

Metroplex
What day and what time do they show it on???

Metroplex
The 90s X-men ended when Xavie is sent to the Shi'ar to recover from his attack. It ended when all the X-men said farewell to Charles including Magneto

DemonicGambit
dang, I probably missed that ep....i think I missed a lot of the last season of that. And the last season of Spidey too

MaverickIce
It was good in the beginning and stayed cool for a while before going downhill.

BOPRecruit 16
i think spider-man is on around 11 or 11:30 am, but i'm not sure. since like i said, i'm rarily up that early on satz, so you'd have to check your local listings. sorry.

Strong Bad
did any one notice on the 6th episode Max Dillon was alive and in normal Max mode but in the 7th episode he was dead and in Electro mode

BOPRecruit 16
electro was so different from the comics and cartoons! oh well...

last friday, mtv totally messed up on airing new episodes. first they showed one with electro and at the end previews for silver sable to appear next epi. but mtv ****ed it up by showing a repeat. it was the one with the guys who in flying suits. damn, i was pissed to some degree. i hope they don't make that same mistake today or i'm going to have a cow! *as in a rage or breakdown thing*

boo-yah! spidey on tonight! can't wait!

ragesRemorse
the CGI takes away all the appeal to spiderman, CANT they stop making CGI shows its so fake, the movements feel to planeed out

BOPRecruit 16
it sucks that now they only show one new one. ugh! i wanted to see that one with king pin! now mtv is showing old, new, then old.

ragesRemorse
i refuse to watch anything on that brainwashing network MTV, what ever happend to the music? now its only the most popular crap they play instead of everything and thats when they do play music

BOPRecruit 16
try mtv2. i need to get that channel.

KidRock
i need to get Tech TV that show kicks ass its only on sattalite though sad they have THE BEST show called X play its with all reviews and previews of vid and pc games. its kick ass

BOPRecruit 16
MTV.Com's PhotoFlipbook: Spider-Man

when i went to read spider-man 2 articles at Super Hero Hype, i found this cool link to a flip book of pictures, concept art, and information about mtv's spider-man. here are the named subbooks: superheros and celebs, from sketch to screen, and evolution of a super-villan. there are alot of pictures, over 200! so, it'll take less than an hour to flip through them all nonstop.

did you know?
*eve played the voice of talon
*stan lee plays the voice of frank elson
*michael clark duncan who played kingpin in daredevil plays the voice of spidey kingpin
*suchin puk from mtv that reports music news played the voice of one of the reporters? *sorry i forgot the name. not indy*

well, if you just read the captions with the pictures, you can learn quite alot about the series. okay! nuff said and enjoy the flip through!

~battousai yuriko~

gregmss
i haven't seen the show since i'm in england is it good

CaptainInsano
I HATE IT! heres why.
1. I hate the animation, I'm just so sick of that cel shading crap.
2. It is based on the movie and copies the movie and other marvel movies in almost every way for example the king pin is balck and in daredevil michael clarke duncan played kingpin, Its such a shameless copy.
3. Just look at harry and Mary Jane. Wow they look so crappy and Harry's got blond hair. Thats just wrong

BOPRecruit 16
don't know why they made harry's hair blonde and not brown. the reason that they made m.j.'s hair shorter is that so it would be easier to animate. plus, if she had long hair, the hair part would cross through the shoulders and come out wrong. i read that from a caption in the flipbook.

ragesRemorse
M.J had red hair, but its not the shading of the hair or the length even that makes the show crap its the animation and the stories

BOPRecruit 16
but i gotta admit that harry does look better.

CaptainInsano
harry looks like shit, nothing at all like the regular harry this show is such a crappy cash in on the movie and it is an insult to the comic

BOPRecruit 16
i like the movie version and toon version of him way over the way he looked in the comics.

mknight666
I like all Spider-Man stuff. The cartoon was made more for the kids whereas this CGI on MTV is obviously darker and has more teen issues, thus more mature and a little more reality to it. I know some may be tired of the Green Goblin but he's my favorite Spidey villain. Although, I would like a chance to see something different like the Hobgoblin or maybe Sandman.

ragesRemorse
you must never have read the spiderman comics yo, he always dealt with growing issues and most of the time the series in the comcs ended on a down note. spidey was always the superhero who won but lost at the same time, the stories are boring beyond belief to me, nothing appealing to the activity of thought, and i prefer the comic drawings of spiderman over anything excluding the artistry of him he looks goofey like a retard designed him, the old comics though there was emotion in thsoe drawings

ragesRemorse

ragesRemorse

BOPRecruit 16
can't wait until mtv's spider-man shows venom, carnage, and all those other of my fave villians.

CaptainInsano
Those guys are who everyone is waiting on and right now they are just showing all these crappy characters

BOPRecruit 16
i'm wondering if they'll have other superheros guest star in the toon like other toons and comics do. like superman was on an episode of batman once. 90's toon. daredevil and wolverine in spider-man.

ragesRemorse
the animation on MTV gives me a headavhe

ragesRemorse
they should have done it dark like the spawn cartoon on HBO

BOPRecruit 16
WHAT?! i didn't know that was on hbo! i've seen it on dvd...what time is it on and what days? i love spawn!

ragesRemorse
yeah its been on for about 5 seasons i believe. Though im not sure if itll be on again, they wont start showing it again till the fall schedule starts

Meli
I love it! I watch it every week! I just finished watching it. It's great! It would be better if Tobey did the voice though...Joking. But I love it. big grin

BOPRecruit 16
damn! i missed yesterday's episode! oh well, catch the re-runs tonight.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
you guyz like venom better or carnage?

username39120jo
venom helps spidey sometimes, and carnage is like a total phsico, so i guess carnage.

Meli
This week's I liked a lot. I think it's because he talks into a viedo camera, and I'm weird so...I think I'll like the one with Venom though. I watched it when it first came on and saw him the beginning thing. I yelled at the tv. smile

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i dont know that much about spider man but is it true that he finally dies in the end by kraven???????

ragesRemorse
in the end of what?

SpikeSpiegel
Yo every1 in the UK I just found out that the cel-shaded spidy is coming to Nick at 9am on 6th sept.

BOPRecruit 16
spike: what do you mean by "cel-shaded" spidey?

what happened on last friday's episode? i forgot to watch it.

SpikeSpiegel
You know the cg cartoony one.

BOPRecruit 16
oh! can't wait for tomorrow's ep. what happened on....nevermind. it'll get repeated after the new one. i missed last weeks. gtg and get some sleep now!

shadowcat
is spidey on uk mtv 'cause i really want to see it today and not wait until the weekend when it's on nickelodeon

carnage713
i think they kinda rushed this season a bit to fast. i wonder wen the new season starts

shadowcat
love the animation.think it's brill.no matter what anyone says,electro is a good character.can't wait to see it at weekend.pity it's monday.off to watch the film bunny

BOPRecruit 16
season one ended two-three weeks ago.

Zephonim
The computer animated stuff worked perfectly when he's in the costume. Plus it is bitchin how fast they made him.

BOPRecruit 16
boo-yah!

alaba
the new one rocks well. the cell shading style art is way cool and the 3d- flying scenes are way beyond..i watch it every week....

vegasviking
iLOVE THE COMPUTER ANIMATED STUFF IT LOOKS BETTER THAN THE CARTOON AND THE OLD VERSION COMPARED TO NOW SUCKS!!! YES VENOM SHOULD COME BACK HE WAS GREAT AND GUEST SUPER HEROS WOULD BE GREAT (CAPT. AMERICA, AVENGERS,AND MORE)
THEY SHOULD DO LIKE IN THE COMICS (HULK vs SPIDERMAN) AND THAT KIND OF STUFF, THE NEW SERIES SHOULD BE MORE RAW AND DARK NOT SO MUCH YUPPY STUFF, ADULTS LIKE IT TO, STOP WITH THE SATURDAY MORNING (FOR KIDS) STUFF. eek! cool smokin' wink

vegasviking
whAT ARE THE DATES AND TIMES IT IS ON

vegasviking
iLOVE THE COMPUTER ANIMATED STUFF IT LOOKS BETTER THAN THE CARTOON AND THE OLD VERSION COMPARED TO NOW SUCKS!!! YES VENOM SHOULD COME BACK HE WAS GREAT AND GUEST SUPER HEROS WOULD BE GREAT (CAPT. AMERICA, AVENGERS,AND MORE)
THEY SHOULD DO LIKE IN THE COMICS (HULK vs SPIDERMAN) AND THAT KIND OF STUFF, THE NEW SERIES SHOULD BE MORE RAW AND DARK NOT SO MUCH YUPPY STUFF, ADULTS LIKE IT TO, STOP WITH THE SATURDAY MORNING (FOR KIDS) STUFF.

vegasviking
THEY SHOULD DO LIKE IN THE COMICS (HULK vs SPIDERMAN) AND THAT KIND OF STUFF, THE NEW SERIES SHOULD BE MORE RAW AND DARK NOT SO MUCH YUPPY STUFF, ADULTS LIKE IT TO, STOP WITH THE SATURDAY MORNING (FOR KIDS) STUFF.
laughing eek! cool Happy Dance

vegasviking

laughing eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.