Episode II Select #30

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2001/05/img/select.jpg

This one is one the better selects.....it looks like our first Mace Windu select!
BTW, do you think he is facing towards or back to the camera?

Can anyone make out the object on the far right?

I'll post an enhancement later on...

JediPhil
Hey my first Time in your Forum....

I think it's Mace Windu. See his head..no hair..so it must be Mace Windu wink

I saw an really cool enhancement on aldera.net You can see that the whole walls are bluescreen.

Maybe he's walking to the Jedi-Council..but alone? No some CG Character will be added, maybe Yoda?

JediOasis
Yeah, that has to be Mace Windu. A while back Sam Jackson said that he had a lot of "conversation" scenes with Yoda. My guess is that this is of one of those chats in the Jedi Temple. That thing off to the side is probably just a statue of something.

Gundark
I agree...I think its Mace, too. Big guy, looks bald. I had to really squint, but the other things also look like statues..on large pedestals. Looks like he's walking out of the room to me. We were really bugging for Mace...GL must be sticking his nose in here. laughing out loud

finti
Yes its Mace alright, the object to the right looks like some sort of a droid unit.

queeq
Nice pic. A decent select pic for a change. Aldera.net you say? Hmmm.

queeq abides

theEviljedi
It looks like he is about to enter the arena.

queeq
No. He looks way too relaxed for that. Besides, according to the storyboards he sneaks up behind Dooku and Poggle. That does not look like sneaking.

queeq abides

Raz
The select isn't a shot from Episode II. It is (I think) specially photographed for the web.

I think hes either in somekind of hangar, or possibly the Jedi Library.

queeq
Oh...

queeq abides

krautrocker
Yep It def has to be 100% is mace windu. As for yoda being added , well it will prob be to his right as if you look mace is walking on the slight left of middle section of the door, just enough room to add yoda on his right side and balance the shot up. I am intrigued by those figures that seem to be standing in the hall way though.

Darth Daft
I agree with Finti that the object on the right side of the picture looks like a Droid, an astromech droid in fact - maybe even R2-D2?

Dim
It does look like an Astro Droid...but a little to narrow to be R2 I think...If I had to guess I'd say it was part of the Jedi library...but don't hold me to that laughing out loud

Ratcat
Here's my Episode-II select comparrision from last week.

http://www.episode-2.co.uk/news/colateral/20010202select30/select_20010202_comp.jpg

finti
I searched the web for SW wallpapers I came across a simulare picture only this one had Yoda walking next to Mace!

queeq
It might be with Yoda. Otherwise they might have Mace walking along the middle line.

queeq abides

Ratcat
Yeah, I saw that too. It's a much better rendering that mine. I just did a quickie, especailly as family matters meant I didn't do the above until well passed its release.

Ratcat
Here's the rendering I believe you are referring to.

http://www.aldera.net/aaPics/Select30.jpg

Darth Daft
It's fairly obvious because of the lighting that outside the door it will be daylight - if it's on Coruscant then I guess it would have to lead out onto a balcony, as it would be too dark down at ground level.

Ratcat
The only bit about it I didn't like was the side balconies. In the orginal there was machinary, possibly droids, but that was removed for that rendering.

Jedi Mercenary
that is for sure Artoo.

queeq
The side walls look a little dark to me to use for chroma key, but then this may not be a true production shot. I heard they were blue screens, but if it's this dark it can almost only be a fixed shot. It may be pic that was not taken during production, with the lights off and all.

And why would that be R2. Can't remember Jedi ever owning droids, unless it's on Naboo after all and not on Coruscant.

finti
Great job RC exactly the pic I was refering to. This is the final result of the select pic 30. So the walls were just blue screens.

Ratcat
Maybe, but as the queeqster points out this is probably not a production shot but a pose for our benefit. There is no real lighting on the set and it is very hard to descern if those are blue screens or what, though I think they proberly are

queeq
I heard some explanation about it that they were indeed blue screens. Someone thought it might be the library, but I don't think that's likely.

Ratcat
Yeah, I heard that too. But when I look at them, I'm not sure what I'm seeing in that area, it doesn't enhance very well. Just not enough light. IMHO

queeq
It's a droid or some other vague piece of machinery.

Ratcat
Oh yeah, I got that it was something like that, but it's not really possible to lock it down any more than that.

queeq
We'll just have to wait and see. I guess here endeth the discussion, smile .

Ratcat
But I wanna know now!!! laughing out loud I suppose there isn't much more to say. Oh well, maybe Select #32 will be more enthralling.

queeq
I wanna know too, but what can you do.

I'm afraid we'll have to wait a few more Select Pics to find that out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.