What kind of cars do you own?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
I have a yellow bug,my mom and sister share a silver bug and my dad has a Expedition.

Dim
I own a piece of crap to depressing to talk about...

theEviljedi
cooool

Xizor
I own a Jeep Wrangler here in CU. In Connecticut I drive a vintage Triumph convertible, which I keep garaged while at school. Since my parents are teachers who don't work in the summer I also get to use my Dad's Xterra.

Dim
I swear, the whole world has a better car than me...My husband has a Miata...but of course it's a stick so I can't even drive it.

Ratcat
OK, this will confuse all you Americans. Vauhall Vectra

KJ will know what it is but I don't know what you call them in the States.

What can I say, is a sales reps car, but I ain't no sales rep!!!!

Dim
GM? General Motors?

Ratcat
Yeah, Vauxhall are their UK arm but I couldn't find a GM equivelent on their website.

Dim
Gotcha...I've never heard of a Vectra before...what does it look like? I've got a Honda that's been wrecked about 5 times...

Ratcat
It's about the same size as Dodge Stratus (well according to my holiday brochure anyway) but has a different body shape slightly.

Dim
Hmmmm, family sedan for a family man eh?

Ratcat
Believe me I'd rather have a BMW 7 series but I get my car with my job and they stretch quite a long way but not that far.... smile

Dim
What do you do for a living?...I wish someone would get me a car...Mine's on it's last leg. sad

Ratcat
I'm a "Technical Design Authority" (Glorified IT Consultant)

Basically I design NT networks. Buld them, commision them, get moaned at when they go wrong. The company I work for manages outsourced Helpdesks, Call Centers and Productivity Centers for other companies which is cool.

Means I get to deal with big corporation customers like BT, McDonald's, Loads of ISP's, British Government and Local Councils. You name it, if they need a call center, helpdesk or whatever I can design it for you.

Dim
Hmmm..that explains alot..very cool smile So I take it your degree is in Computer Science-networking, or do you have to take some strange design courses too?

Ratcat
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Degreee, hey that's funny, no but it is! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Honey, this is England, only about 3% of the population ever get into a Univercity or College to do a degree.

But seriously, I'm completely self taught, spent 4 years working in helpdesks and IT support learning all the ropes of Hardware and Software, then spent 15 months doing my MCSE, which thanks to all those crappy pass in 20 days course is now almost a joke until I take the Windows 2000 exams!

Sorry, have a real problem with all those people who sat in a class room for 3 weeks just learning how to pass the exams, they totally devalued the qualification. Whilst I spent my time getting the practical experience and actually having some useful technical knowledge!!!

Excuse me, must go get a soapboc to stand on!

Dim
You mean I could have gone over there and gotten a job instead of crapping around writing stupid papers for years and years?????????????? mad What the...MAN!

Yeah, those MCSE are sooooooooo stupid. I think they're just another way for Microsoft to make money to tell you the truth. It's not that there's nothing to learn..it's just that 70% don't know crap when the finish...My husband did that and just memorized the whole thing...He just wanted to have it on his resume. I guess no big damage done considering he's a programmer but still...At least you have the comfort of knowing that you actually know what you're doing. Where as alot of those people don't even understand twisted pear connections or whatever those things are...(not that I have a clue...)

Ratcat
Full demonstrated by that last line, do you make that with lemon juice or white wine?

Dim
Be nice...Don't make fun, I told ya I didn't know anything about Networks and the such.

Xizor
Miata's are mad cool Dim. Learn to drive standard, when you're learning pretend the hubby is Han and you need to learn how to fly the falcon.smile Do you have a civic, accord, prelude?

Dim
Yeah they're cool cars but there's not much of a point in my learning to drive it now...I have an accord smile

Ratcat
From what Xizor said I'm guessing that a Miata is the US equivenlent of Honda in the UK?

Dim
No a Miata is a Mazda convertable...it's also called the MX-5. FYI

Ratcat
Nice. I like the convertable. My Khia Bo instructor has one in Red and it looks really sporty.

No room for a child seat though smile

Dim
Yeah I think they're cool. I might look into getting one if I can ever get through negotications on this job...My honda really wants to be put out to pasture. The one good thing about it, depending on how you look at it, is that Miatas are a little impractical for most people in Utah given the large families and snow...They tend to sell for a little cheaper here, used ones anyway.

Ratcat
I'm thinking of giving my car back and taking the money option so I can get the type of car I want, I'll be slightly worse off but at least I'd have the cas I really want rather than having to compromise.

Dim
Yeah, You only live once. Plus if you want something fun you're going to have to have it before you have many more kids..then it's Suburban time...or some other giant family-mobile..

Ratcat
No a chance! 2 kids and that's the lot, I hate the idea of driving some big clunky people carrier.

My car may be a family sedan type thing but it's a luxury model and it's got the poke I need to have some fun. Had it up to 127mph once before I got scared of either crashing of getting pulled for speeding.

DISCLAIMER: NOTHING HERE CAN BE PROVEN OR USED IN A COURT OF LAW smile

Dim
Maybe you shouldn't get anything sporty then...not if you're doing that in a sedan..smile

Ratcat
I feel the need, the need for speed!!! Maverick - Top Gun

theEviljedi
Travel tthe USA in your Chevorlet....Come on Dim sing along.

Dim
Haha..I dont know that one!

RC, I bet people have to stay off the sidewalks where you lived don't they? stick out tongue

theEviljedi
You've never heard that?

Ratcat
It was on the motorway, so no sidewalks there. Plus it was 3am in the morning and there were no other cars on the road.

SAME DISCLAIMER APPLIES smile

Dim
What I want to know is what were you doing out at 3am? smile

Ratcat
IN my line of work, if you have to run a hardware upgrade on a server you have to do it when no ones using the thing, or at leats when it's really quiet.

A lot of our helpdesks run 24 x 7, so we do major overhauls at silly times of the night. I ain't just a desk jockey you know, I get my hands in there as well.

In fact, currentl I am the ONLY person in my division who is quthorised on some of the servers we deal with. They're gonna have fun for the next 2 weeks. laughing out loud

UnknownBountyHunter
Well, this IS Germany so guess what I drive? A BMW, no not the nice ones, I have the older ones from 1996.

theEviljedi
UBH so glad to have you back.This place went down without you.

Dim
Ouch..

theEviljedi
Not dissing you Dimsmile

Dim
good to hear EJ smile

UBH..I would have figured that you'd drive a truck..but I guess that German farmers drive BMWs...who would have known..smile

Xizor
I got a speeding ticket last wek, I was going 64 in a 40. It really blew, so did the $245 ticket. I know UBH may never read this but I'll ask anyhow. BMW's cost $35-45 here in the US. Since they are made in germany how much would they cost(in dollars) over there. My favorite cars are Audi's, German cars rule!!

UnknownBountyHunter
Yeah right, do you mean $35-45,000? Here they can range (By year) from 25-45,000 marks.

Dim
I just got a Mitsubishi Eclipse...

Jedimaster3838
I drive a 1997 Toyota Corolla, its a pretty nice car, its got a CD player(Oasis is my fav. band) and a sunroof

Darth Daft
I drive a silver vauxhall cavelier.

Ratcat
And I though I had a reps car!!! smile

Dim
I don't know...I still think a Stratus is more of a rep's car than a Cavelier..

How fast can your car go? Mine can get up to 170 mph..

Gundark
Hey, Dim, I've got a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Its a 96, but it runs great and I love it. The old man has a 73 Chevy pick up (the cropduster), an 88 Cavalier station wagon he runs back and forth to work and I haul the Labradors in to the vet (the SUV, that SLIGHTLY UNATTRACTIVE VEHICLE), an 86 Conquest Turbo and a 76 Chevy Camaro thats sitting in his mothers pole barn waiting for restoration. Its been waiting 10 years. Guess its gonna keep waiting.

Xizor
UBH, you scoff at your '96 beamer. At 25+ over there and only 4 years old that's still a sweet, sweet car. Farming must be treating you nicely despite all your complaints.smile I'll trade you my Wrangler 4 it, it's kinda falling apart since I beat the crap out of it, speeding, skiing, off roading with my canoe and bombing around back roads. Still, jeeps are real cool.smile

Darth Daft
My car is just the most annoying vehicle I've ever used. I'm going to get a mini cooper instead. laughing out loud

Or maybe a Corellian Corvette.

UnknownBountyHunter
Ummm....the cheap 80's BMW's are $25,000-30,000 you will NEVER find a 90's version that cheap. BTW, its illegal to drive your vehicles here! smile The steering wheels are opposite the right side. smile

Xizor
25 grand for 80's beamers? Yet the ones in the 90's are more expensive and you have a '96? Did you just proove my point or am I confused?smile It's also illegal to drive your style cars over here, although the postmen do it.smile

I_LUV_Movies
I drive a orange/copper... Dodge Dakota RT .. Awesome Truck , I love it

RedQueen
not old enuff to drive lol ...my mum has a grey-silver jag new s-type or sumthin lol

Curl_Up&Dye
A refridgerator box on 2 skateboards...seriously...I have pics...

Godshinto
I don't think that I answered this forum yet well my Summer cars include 3 Mustangs my 2000 gt my 1987 gt and 2002 saleen s281. And my Bike I have a 98 suzuki Hyabusa. My everyday truck I have a 2003 dodge ram hemi. My winter truck well this year it'll be my new truck but before that a 1995 chevy Blazer. My newest project vehichle is a GMC Typhoon needs alot of work but when finished I will use it for a summer vehichle primarially

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.