Politics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Another_Smithy
Alright peeps some of you might be scared to talk about it but lets chat, also dont get out of hand bashing people, talk politely, no one likes bashing. Ill start on this topic, here is a good discussion topic...

What did you think of Op Iraq recently?

Another_Smithy
Heh whoops wrong thread sorry! Mods just delete or lock this k.

Korri
silly smithy Llaughing out loudL

GABRIEL05
I'm glad that disposed of a most sadistic ruler and a most contemptible regime, but now its time for us to leave. The people want us out. My worry is N. Korea. Their leader is nutsoid. Anyone country that prohibits free commerce, and doesn't allow its people to leave at will, is up the shitter. I mean come on! They just allowed the N.K. and the S.K. families split by the war to meet for the first time in like 50 years! WTF!?

Anarion
When will they be just 'Korea'.

Trivia: Did you know that P'yongyang is the capital of North Korea and Seoul is of South Korea?

ChinaNiki
We can't leave until we actually have Saddam in custody or can show his dead body to the people of Iraq. That's part of our problem now. We didn't finish the job back in the 90s and left those who did rise up against Saddam to take the heat for us. We have to keep our promises this time and help the Iraqis set up a non-Bath party run government. Plus do we want to be seen as the country that can't finish the job?

Killer
:embarrasmentff topic::

I heard a great joke making fun of GB.. (dumb****)

Killer
WTf i don't want that face there.. errrr

GABRIEL05
Well as if a) Our gov actually cared about what the rest of the world thought of America, and b)the rest of the world actually held Americans in high regards to begin with.

Each day more American soldiers die in Iraq, even though technically the fighting is over. Now I'm no patriot, but these are peoples brothers and sisters and family members out there. They could potentially be out there until next year because the gov can't find a few nukes and a facist dictator. However I understand what you say when you say we need to finish what we started. But with most of his money, advisors, and family members gone, and very few loyal's he can't do much.

How do y'all feel about Arnie running for Gov. of California?

my thought: Well, thank the maker I don't live in California

happy kine
i think iraq would be a great place to visit... i'm even looking into getting a job with halburton. it has one of the richest histories. it the heart of the fertile crescent (crescent of fire's what it should be called) as far as the war... bleh... i don't care about that, these things happen and will always happen.

snowgee
this is the united states dammit we have a god given right to choose the leaders we want running our world. Look you cant go into someones country and start a war just because you dont like their leader even if the leader is a really bad guy

ragesRemorse
we cant just leave, if we just leave then whats to say another sadistic man with a good idea wont take over Iraq because it would surely happen, its a land with nothing right now no goverment no order and no protection. No one else would help this country. Europe doesnt mind assisting with some ammunition but when it comes to lending a buck for rebuilding thats another story. I have no idea why bush is sending troops into liberia though we need to finish what we start before we get involved in another war and know south korea say they have a bomb and they refuse to stop nuclear expierimentation so we will eventually have to get involved with them and thats just a migrane added to a headache. South korea is going through a holocaust and major govermental problems. America will have to get involved with them soon the only question is when. we obviously cant right now seeing how America is in major debt and has there hands tied with so many political war standoffs. If we get involved with Korea that breaks so many teatys america has with several countries and i believe that is the only reason were not envolved with them yet because that is turmoil that will take thousands of lives rather than just hundreds. America has a good idea but with noone by our side other than Europe it will take years on top of years on top of more years before the goal bush set is achived and without tony blair america would be pretty much totally alone on most of this

ragesRemorse
and america has a right due to the humanitarian act to engage with anyone who is slaughtering there own people, its called the humanitarian act. this was started by the UN not america and its contradictory that the UN voted against engaginf it.

BackFire349
i am not interested in polotics, thats why we elect governers and senators, so we dont have to think about that kinda stuff.

I was just waiting for the U.S. military to do some ass kicking, and now that's it's "officially over" i couldn't give a hoot about what happens.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.