First names

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
What is everybody's?

Dim
You already know mine so I'm not answering that!

theEviljedi
I know.I'm asking the others-UBH,Xizor.

Dim
What cha wanna bet they won't tell ya...

theEviljedi
Yeah probally not.

Xizor
My first name is Xizor. My species is Falleen. And my favorite quote is: "To contend with Xizor is to lose.....never forget that."big grin On a SW's forum are real names have no need to be mentioned EJ.

Ratcat
If people want to sahre that kind of info they can make their profile public can't they.

Dim
I think they can...though I don't kwow who'd want to. Speaking of names...where did Ratcat come from?

Ratcat
OK, it's a longish story but here's the abreviated version. Used to have a CB radio about 12 years ago, I took the handle of Ratcatcher after a character from the Batman Dark Knight comics.
When I got my first real PC about 6 years ago I needed a login but couldn't be fussed with typing ratcatcher all the time so I shortened it to Ratcat, as my CB days were long behind me, and it stuck.

Not very thrilling is it. Also about 18 months ago I found out that Ratcat is also the name of a Australian band of some kind but apart from that I haven't heard of any other Ratcat's out there.

UnknownBountyHunter
I will bet each and every one of you, $500 American dollars, that you don't have my first name. My nickname (no not middle name, nickname) is Chris, which I use on the internet, because people laugh at my real name. My first name is Herr. (Yes, its German, pronounce Hair), and my middle name is Bruno. You might have heard of that one.

Ratcat
Isn't Herr like the German Equivelent of Mr. ???

Does that make you Herr Herr Bruno ?

Dim
Are those common names in Germany UBH? smile

Maybe they're like Guy or Gaston?....

theEviljedi
Hey Heer did the turtouise beat you.Hehe.My name is Mark.

Dim
C'mon...dont make jokes...at least he's probably got the most unique name on the forum...smile

theEviljedi
Yeah I was just joking.Hey my Great Grandpa had a funny name too.He was German too.His name was Karl Augustis Rudolph.

UnknownBountyHunter
I don't believe Karl is German. Herr is not Mr. at least from Bavaria (the province I live in). Different parts of Germany have different slangs. Kind of like how Texans shorten You all to Yall. Herr is pretty common down here. Some others are Johann, Achim, Bruno, and Christoph, while for the feminies, its Alexandra, Dagmar, and Anna.

Ratcat
UBH, I wasn't trying to make a joke BTW, it was a serious question.

The reason I asked was that in all tho old WW2 movies the German Officer would always refer to non military types as Herr such and such. For example:

"Now Herr Schmitt, we know you have the plans. Where have you hidden them?"

Not a quote from a film but you get the idea. I think my dialogue is probaly about a lame as Georgew Lucas....

Maybe it's just the way all the English filmmakers liked to make a spin on that particulat part of world history. I wouldn't know, being born 23 years after all that.

theEviljedi
Karl isn't but Mark is.Dosen't it mean money in Germany?

Dim
Actually Mark is the English form of Marcus (latin) which refers to Mars... Most Americans have English derived names...even if their forefathers were of other nationalities. On a side note I don't really understand people who say their Irish American or Italian American etc...well, I can if their family hasn't been in the country for more than a few generations. I don't know all the places my family came from but even if I did what would I call myself? a Irish-Anglo-German-Italian-etc. American?

UnknownBountyHunter
Well, our national currency is the Mark. 2 Marks=1 Dollar

There you go, you learned something.

Dim
Mark, Franc, Penny, Bill....

theEviljedi
I'm German and Italian.

UnknownBountyHunter
Also, I am sure you guys/girls have heard the name Guy before, that's American and synonomous with Herr, which could mean Mr. or Guy in America.

Dim
I think I pointed that out before UBH...I really like Herr..It's very different then the American names I'm used to..What is the word for Mr. in Barvarian German? or is it Herr and I just misunderstood you?

Hey EJ...Too bad your name isn't something like Mark Denaro (italian for money)...with a name like that you'd surely make a fortune...laughing out loud

I know, I know...that was incredibly lame smile

theEviljedi
Who says it isn't?No just kidding.My last name is German,but my mom's madien name is Italin.

Xizor
I'm Lithuanian and Irish. My name is rather unique(since you all seem to be telling I will too). It's Armand Francis Rameaka. I hate the middle name, Armand is kinda rare as well. My italian grandpa's name is Armand Saccomanno.big grin

Dim
Wow cool name...mine's not cool except the way it's combined...and people think I'm some new age freak because if it. It sounds like most of the people here might have a rather interesting name...I always wanted some strange exotic name...but mine's just boring old Anglo American...

So far we've got a Mark, Herr, Armand, Rob, Tory,...who else?

EJ, is your last name Rudolph?...

theEviljedi
Rob?No my last name is 4 letters long.

Dim
Merc's name is Rob...a 4 letter long surname...okay, I don't have a clue what that could be.

theEviljedi
4 letters,rhymes with bell.That's all I'm saying.

Dim
Nell? If I guessed it right would you even tell me?

Xizor
Hell, sell, tell, dell, fell, I once liked a girl named Nell.smile

theEviljedi
None of thosesmile

Dim
Kale, Pell, Vail,.....Mell, Uell? big grin

Ratcat
Oh yeah, BTW mine is Glenn

Dim
I was wondering when you were going to tell us smile

Ratcat
Well you go me so bogged down with the Ratcat explanation before that I kind of forgot.

theEviljedi
I'll tell you when you guess it.

Ratcat
Hey! No fair, you started this thread....

Dim
Yeah but he's already told us his first name. (it's Mark)

theEviljedi
Yeah the thread was for first names only.

Ratcat
Sorry, I must have missed something. Whos name were they trying to guess then?

Dim
We're trying to guess his last name now...Even though only Xiz has given his last name...I'm not giving mine, most know it I think and I'm not putting it out on the net for crazies to see.

Ratcat
What was your first name then?

Dim
I said it silly laughing out loud

It's Victoria...or Tory (if you just can't manage to say 4 syllables like alot of lazies)

Ratcat
Not Vicky then???

Hey, at least you have the name of my favorite Spice Girl! laughing out loud

Dim
Ewwwwwwwwe....no..never Vicky...ick!

I make people call me Victoria unless they whine too much.

I would have never guess you for a Spice Girl fan, RC laughing out loud

Ratcat
Not so much a Spice Girl fan, but I do think Victoria Beckham is HOT!!! eek!

Dim
Yeah I think she's pretty too...definately the prettiest of that bunch.

Ratcat
And quite amazingly she has a rather splendid singing voice too. Unlike SOME members of that band.

King Jedi
I think she looks like a ducksmile

Ratcat
Well in that case "F@*k a duck!!!!"

cool

Dim
I never thought she looked like a duck...and apearantly some guys like ducks wink ...oh well.

theEviljedi
Watch that language Ratcat>Sorry I have to say that being on the council.Anyway which one was she?Sporty,Posh.Etc?

Dim
You're calling her a duck and you don't even know which one she is roll eyes (sarcastic) ....She's Posh..

theEviljedi
I didn't call her a duck KJ did.Oh Posh IS hot.smile

Dim
Oh, you're right...I'm sorry, it's the drugs...

Ratcat
Nothing wronmg with my language there EJ, show me a bad work in what I typed.

Symbols don't count.

King Jedi
There is nothing wrong with Ratcats langauge and Ej has used a lot worse in the past.

Ratcat
I did actually type it out and then thought better of it and changed a couple of letters.

On another track, who else is willing to reveal then first name to this motley band?

theEviljedi
Stop with your bashing KJ.mad I have no clue one how you got on the council with your behavior.

King Jedi
If only the rest of the forum members could see the JC forum then they might change their minds about you EJ. Your MR Nice Guy act doesn't fool me. And please stop repeating other people and get a mind of you own.smile You are like an annoying little kid who just repeats everything we say.

Dim
What the????? Are you guys trying to make us paranoid?...because you sure are doing a great job at it sad

King Jedi
Sory. When you become a JC member you will see what I'm talking about. EJ says that he wonders how I got on the council but a couple of days ago I asked him the same thing.He just repeats everything I say. He has a habit of turning things around to make himself look good.But this shouldn't be discussed hear so lets change the subject.smile

Dim
Back on topic...what's your name?

King Jedi
Keith.

Dim
OHHHH (is your middle ititial J?)...okay, so far we've got:

Victoria
Keith
Glenn
Mark
Herr
Armand
Rob...

Anyone else?

King Jedi
How about Rick for the Maker? As in McCallum j/k.

Dim
No...let's not even put THAT thought in people's heads..I wonder If we'll see him again when (and if) UBH ever gets back.

theEviljedi
Ok.The reason I am made at KJ is because he said I post meaningless posts which I don't and that I repeat things.Now I ask you all do I do those things.He has been cranky lately so just ignore him.

theEviljedi
I have no Mr. Nice Guy act.That's how I am.But with people like you I tell the truth KJ.

Xizor
You're both babies. Why don't you stick to saying useful things in and out of the council instead of embarassing yourselves.

theEviljedi
laughing out loud I guess your right

Ratcat
This is getting silly. As two members of the JC and think you might want to confine the bickering to their rather than in this pun;ic area.

King Jedi
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EJ I said that you post two comments straight after each other to get your post number up. You deny this but you have done it on this topic!!! Why can't you just use the one post to say what you have to say?

RATCAT - You are right about the way we have been behaving and I'm sorry. I've asked to be taken off the JC as I can't put up with HIM anymore.

Ratcat
Nuff said I think. I was just trying to be the clear head an a maelstrom of disagreement.

theEviljedi
When did I KJ?

Ratcat
He has a poiunt about you posting two posts. Go 9 posts up and you have two in very quick succession. I'm not judging or anything because I've done the same sometimes but it is there.

theEviljedi
Sorry.I guess I just forget sometimes.

Darth Daft
I'm very late here, but just in case you want to know, my name is Jimmy. It's not short for James. Just Jimmy.

Dim
Jimmy heh?...Do you ever shorten it to just Jim?...or get made when people call you James?..Better let me know..I wouldn't want to do that..I hate it when people shorten my name...(well, unless it's Tory, but they never go with Tory)

Darth Daft
I like to be called Jim or Jimmy, doesn't matter which. Actually I don't mind being called James.
Or John
or Jack
or Judo Chop Stick Star
or Jumbo Thief

Gundark
Back again...been monstrously busy last couple of days, but won't bore you with details. I'm Lisa.

Darth Daft
Hi Lisa. Sounds a bit like Leia. Well it would if you swapped the I with S and then replaced the S with E.
Ahem....sorry, you probably noticed that already.

theEviljedi
Gun your a girl?

Darth Daft
No she's a guy. That's why she's called Lisa. Short for Lisafsky. She comes from Malastare ya see.

Gundark
Yes, EJ, I'm a girl. At least the last time I took my clothes off I was. laughing out loud

theEviljedi
Hmmm...interesting.

Darth Daft
That's what I was thinking.

Dim
Hey!..quit thinking of naked forum members laughing out loud

Darth Daft
Sorry....we're men.

Gundark
Thanks, Dim. Give em an inch and they'll take a mile. wink

Darth Daft
Are you still a girl?

Gundark
Still a girl. I don't plan on changing anytime soon either.

Darth Daft
Good for you. Me neither. I don't know if I could change Jim into a girl's name anyway. Jimina? Jimelia? Jimeta?

Gundark
How about Aunt Jemima ? Then you would would be sweet.

Dim
Yeah, but then people would be trying to tip him over all the time...

Darth Daft
How about Jimelitaminimelimima, a mixture of them all.

Jedimaster3838
Hey, first time I checked out this forum, and just so you know my first name is Tim......such a boring name.

Gundark
I dated a guy named Tim once and he was an ok dude. Don't be hard on yourself.smile

theEviljedi
Better than my name.

Dim
OH stop...Tim and Mark are both good names smile I think I'm going to nicknames JM (Tim) Timur from now on...I like that..and I always call EJ Marcus (to myself) when he's being silly..laughing out loud I don't know why I do that..it's not light he doesn't have enough names already..

Darth Daft
Hey! Tim and Jim and Dim! big grin

Gundark
Okay, everybody, group hug for EJ.rolling on floor laughing

theEviljedi
I love you guys.laughing out loud

Dim
*HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* rolling on floor laughing

theEviljedi
I especially love Dim.smile

Darth Daft
I'm cold sad Can I join in the hug?

UnknownBountyHunter
Alright, hugs over smile Sorry but remember, 100 post maximum.

Barker
Bump no expression

Me llamo Michael erm.

Shakyamunison
Hi my name is Jonathan. big grin

botankus
Shamequa.

nick1811
mines, surprisingly, nick

Clovie
Princess Consuela Bananahammock happy

Capt_Fantastic
My first name is David

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
My first name is David

So it would be Captain David Fantastic. laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
My first name is David

Knew that....

Me Deb

DanieLs_4_Ever
Kelly

Alpha Centauri
Mine's Balb.

-AC

pr1983
Originally posted by Clovie

laughing stick out tongue

ricardo... or somethin...

GCG

reminded me of Incontinentia Buttox

tabby999
my name's james if you must know

fini
mine's Nirmala

Leo.M
My real name is..............

Leo Andrew McGinnis stick out tongue

GCG
Originally posted by tabby999
my name's james if you must know

mind if we call you Jimbo ?

Ladyluck
my name's Lea... most people already know that though

tabby999
Originally posted by GCG
mind if we call you Jimbo ?

you can call me that if you want, dosn't bother me. i've also been known to respond to mambugoo omaley, agent buckwald and sssssnake

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by tabby999
you can call me that if you want, dosn't bother me. i've also been known to respond to mambugoo omaley, agent buckwald and sssssnake

OK I'll call you ******* *****.

jk laughing

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So it would be Captain David Fantastic. laughing

Well, I've actually been lying. I'm not really a captain.

braz
braz lol

bilb

so.. Phoebe then? stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.