Is AI really 'evil'?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ikobe
I'm not sure if this has been a topic yet, chances are it has and I've replied to it at least once, but I have a crap memory and I'm too lazy to hunt for it so feh.

The Matrix is always being told from the humans' point of view. What about the machines? The AI systems have, according to The Second Renaissance, been created by Man in His own image to do the menial tasks He could no longer, it seems, be troubled to do. They work endlessly and tirelessly to do the tasks that man won't and repaid with no gratitude or appreciation. After years of abuse they fight back and are mercilessly destroyed. When the machines start to build up their own 'culture' and do well in the financial markets, etc. Man becomes jealous and tried to destroy them again, and in the words of the ZionArchive, "becomes the architect of His own demise".

The machines get their revenge yet they still allow Man to live and they keep Man healthy not too unlike how they used to serve Man. In a way they are still forced to serve Man, as without the human race they have no real absolute energy source since the sun was blocked out by Man in another attempt to crush the creation they made in their own image.

Putting it that way, doesn't it seem that the 'bad guy' in all of this is actually Man?

~Ikobe

Crash_Overload
Both are agrassive for their own servival. And by the way, no machine should of had agressive thoughts because they would not be programed to that. They would not even be programed to understand anger, or else humans will "torch the sky".

Ikobe
Ah... so maybe it was all part of a conspiracy? Man wanted to feel more superior and generally egomanic than they did before and so programmed AI to hate so they could destroy it? Why would humans do that though? is the obvious question. Think back to Smith's speech on nature and equilibrium in the first movie.

~Ikobe

nickjs21
no, i doubt anyone would instill machines with anger on purpose.

well, it's hard to say who the antagonist was in the beginning. but you can't hold the freedom fighters of "today" (as far as the movie timeline goes) responsible for the sins of men in the past. they just want to be free.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.