Whassup w/the animals?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CrazyShady
If anyone has mentioned this, I apoligize.

In the Matrix there are animals. Right? Well, are the animals "plugged in" also? I have yet 2 see any animals in the real world, except in "Matriculated" in The Animatrix.(they have that weird little thingy, or something..., 'n stuff) But my point is.......WHERE ARE ALL THE ANIMALS!?

n3m0
As the Oracle says, most of the other things in the Matrix world were controlled by programs. The wind, the rivers, the birds, so probably all other animals.

Ikobe
So... the crows in the Orcale/pre-Brawl scene were programs? That makes sense, I guess...

princess leia
no offense here. but is there a reason for that image?

Kes
Yeh the animals are programs. The Oracle says so.

Korri
that means the luvlee wee black cat wasnt real...awwww!! sad

n3m0
Actually she doesn't say they were programs, instead that they were governed ( controlled ) by programs. They were like sub-routines. Which is really interesting since most of the ancient peoples assigned a deity to every living thing...Trees, rivers, birds, animals, all had someone to take care of them (control them).

Kes
So n3m0 are you saying the animals are plugged in?
I think what she ment is that theres a program for everything. A program for birds, cats...bla bla.

Agent_Smith
YEP YEP the animals are programs....duh! liten tu the movies everyone

Labyrinth
the animals are programs, NO animals are plugged in BUT there are in the matrix my guess is to make everything as normal as possible

nickjs21
i'm sure animals died out when the sun was scorched. even if they didn't, i doubt the machines would feel a need to waste pods on them. they only keep the humans alive for BTU's. so it would be plain illogical to them to save any animals just for the hell of it.

plus, they don't eat meat in the real world. just that tasty wheat snot stuff.

so i would guess that all the animals are, in fact, just programs in the matrix.

n3m0
Kes> As you can see i refer to the animals as sub-routines and not as plugged in. You should read what people say before you correct them. But kind of think of it an elephant does produce more BTUs than a human being. big grin

tptmanno1
yes but there arnt 4 billion elephants alive.
machines need a steady source of energy. there may be some animals in the "real world" but i think that all animals on the matrix are part of the program that makes the matrix believable to all the ppl still stuck in it. my 2 cents

Alias Neo
Go to www.thematrix.com and then go to comics. and then select the first comic in series 1. it shows animals in the real world, plus it shows morpheus as a kid

Korri
koooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Ushgarak
However, the Brothers have stated directly that all animals in the Matrix are programmes, just in case there was any slight doubt.

Alias Neo
something i found on a fansite:

TheTrinityACMXCL: What about the animals in the Matrix? Are they real animals or just computer-generated images?

WachowskiBros: Sadly, they are all computer generated images.

Korri
awww sad

Ikobe
Remember in 'Beyond', there was the dog in the house that was being 'eaten away'?

~AI

Bicnarok
Everything and anyone plugged into or part of the Matrix is a machine or machine code/programms. Yep even neo, its quite obvious really. The humans are still in charge and keep the machines in check by making them believe they are in charge.

Wake up and see the light.

Labyrinth
^^ that what the theory i posted said...may be true

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.