The second renaissance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

n3m0
I have a theory I would like to share with you. I think that the title of the Animatrix:"The 2nd Renaissance" is very accurate as to what the W bros are trying to do. The first Renaissance was triggered by three revolutionary text, supposedly written by the Temple Knights. These texts had a remarkable effect on people, especially the intellectual - or all those that because of the Dark Ages, could not express their intellectual opinion- and forced them to seek one another and form small groups and faculties devoted to knowledge. Thus the Illumination came to Europe.
Now consider this. I would not stay at the three movies, because for all we know it could be a coincidence. I would like to point out, except the revolutionary thought of the trilogy, its selection of the medium. I mean these guys have taken the most accessible medium in the world - Cinema Movies - and under the disguise of a kids Action-F/X-Science fiction block buster movie, have managed to reach out and touch the minds of more people they could ever hope, with let's say a book. And at the same time give the studios and the sponsors what they really want. More money, more power. They gave them exactly what they wanted in order to get the means to their end. Artistic freedom to say and show whatever they wanted. And i must agree that the first Matrix could stand on it's own. They didn't want to loose the opportunity of saying what they wanted to say, even in only one movie.
I must say i'm fairly excited as to what M3 will tell us.
We have exciting times ahead of us....................

Sifer
Nice smile

n3m0
And lets not forget the attempt to lessen the people that get this message with that ridiculous PG13 censorship. Exactly the minds that are more perceptive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.