The Ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alic88
very scary, freeked me out!one of the best horror movies of all times

Kes
I liked it! Kinda stays with you after you see itsmile It was cool.

Lt.Columbo
It was VERY scary! One of the best, and most scary films i've seen.

TedO
I agree it was a sweet movie, but I didn't find it scary. The makeup jobs were awesome and all, and the wife was all freaked out the rest of the night (wouldn't let me sleep), but I personally didn't find it that scary. Un-nerving a little, but not scary

Baylin
Excellent although I think the original Japanese version are better - if you dont mind the subtitles

BackFire349
over rated and not scary one bit.

Lt.Columbo
What, how can u say that?!

alic88
EXACTLY, HOW CAN U SAY THAT?

Kes
I always get subtitles stick out tongue But haven't seen the original version.

BackFire349
because it didnt scare me one bit. and as for the scene where the girl came out of the tv, that was just silly. i dont see how anyone can get freaked out by that. it looked so funny.

Kes
Well somebody coming out of your tv would be freaky lol

skule
i wish the chick who is the new terminatrix would come out of my tv angel

BackFire349
of course it would be freaky, but it looked so bad when it happened in the ring.

Kes
I dont think it looks bad. They show you why that girl was screaming in the biginning smile

BackFire349
it just looked cheesy.

muse5
Good movie, scared me for a week, and that's saying alot because im not scared that easily. the makeup in this movie was awesome, that was what made it so creepy

KidRock
wasnt scary at all i agree the girl coming out of the tv was just stupid i mean please people...she walked out of the tv cmon now.

The()ne
The Ring was not scary. A little tense, but not scary. I thought it was a good movie though. Not one you would want to watch every week, (because you don't know what happens at the end AND that guy dies sad ) but good.

TedO
The ()ne, you should post that as a spoiler like this because you gave away something about the end of a movie (it tells you how in the movie discussion area)

Kes
It's the same has having a zombie walking around! That's the story of the movie. I thought it looked cool, creppy kid. She did the "7 days" thing at the MTV movie awards big grin Funny. Everybody cheared (sp).

MissesDepp?!
Although the ring scared the shit out of me i still liked it alot it sorta played with your mind and that tape is the scariest peice of crap ever! Simara deserved the terror award @ MTV

MissesDepp?!
Although that movie scared the shit out of me i still sorta liked it it played with your mind alot! and that tape is the scariest peice of crap ever! confused their making a second one!

The()ne
Whoa, really? They're making a second Ring movie?

Kes
Really? A second? Don't know if thats good, I mean we already know she's evil and that you have to make a copy to survive. The good thing was the "mistery" or that little twist at the end messed

Klear Eyez
Am I the only person that thought that movie ****in sucked dick..... that long, boring, stupid ****in movie put me to sleep more times than I got up to get snacks during it..... without a doubt I dub that the most disapointing and highly overated horror flick ive seen.... I wouldnt recommend this movie to a retarded monkey....

alic88
WRONG

TedO
Yeah, you're the only one.

Evil Dead
I don't think it was great...........but it definetly wasn't horrible...........it was quite a mediocre movie, which is tons better than all that teenage horror crap that has been coming out since Scream.........

Klear Eyez
*Spits*

If I ever saw any of the actors in that movie ima mug em for the ****in 7 dollars I paid to see that shitt

BackFire349
im with klear eyes. over rated, very very over rated. not scary at all if you've seen any of the truley great horror flicks out there. as evil dead said, mediocre at best.

JixQuillan
Sorry, I gotta say that the Ring was lame. There were like two parts that made you jump: When you see the girl in the closet and the guy in the chair. Maybe its just not scary to me cause I have the ability to create copies of tapes. Just my opinion but for a movie to be scary you gotta have an invincible that go around killing people. :death:

h0ck3yh0rr0r
The Ring was a good movie. The only scary scene was when the mom opens the closet and shes dead....i had trouble opening my closet for a week. big grin
And the funny part was when the horse jumps out of the ship.
I give it a 6 out of 10

alic88
ya that scene was so scary when the mom openz the closet and finds the dead body of her daughter. that scene came out of nowhere and freaked ME OUT! I GOT SO SCARED AFTER WATCHING THE RING.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Anyone seen Japanese version of The RIng? Ringu

alic88
no. how is it?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
haven't seen it but my friend has seen it and he says its actually scary. (unlike the first one)

Kes
Unlike the 1st one?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
the first one wasn't scary

Kes
You mean The ring wasn't scary? If so the Ring isn't the original. Ringu (japnese version) is.

TedO
Ring was inspired by Ringu.. I suggest you all go out and rent it. It's a great movie.

JixQuillan
Well that would explain why it sucked so bad. An Evil Videotape!!!

mikeysgothicgur
It's a good movie I like it alot, when I saw it the first time it kinda scared me a little but when I saw it the 2nd time I laughed my a*s off when the girl came out of the T.V.

Love,
Jenny/SiZzLe

alic88
horror movies are something that u should only c once otherwise u will pick mistakes out of them the second time

johnnight2
Not bad for a freaky movie to horror everybody.

Killer
well.. its good in the begining.. then boring throughout the whole thing.. then the end is good..

so i don't want it much..

mechmoggy
I never went to see The Ring at the cinema cus I heard bad reviews, but I rented it last night and I thought it wasn't THAT bad.

Ok, it wasn't scary at all. In fact I found the little boy far more scary than the girl, he had a freakishly big head and weird facial expressions. It was fairly well made IMO, I like to feel suspense rather than over-doing the blood and gore to make it a "horror" flick.

5/10 from me, just for the atmosphere of the film.

Lt.Columbo
Wasent scary at all?! When I went to see it, I was terrified! (well, mabye thats a bit of a lie). The story was good, the whole film was just good.

mechmoggy
Hmmmmm, I'm not sure.

Its just not a "buyer" IMO.

slayer
the ring was good not all that scary i wonder what the sequels gonna b like

Anarion
I wasn't scared of the movie. But I found the other people in the cinema quite funny. There were "oohs" and "aahs" all the time.

mechmoggy
But what about the boy with the large head? eek!

BackFire349
i guess i wasnt the only one amazed by the crappiness of the movie.

vampriss_07
ok the one thing i hated bout the ring was that they always advertised it to be a really scary movie and it ended up not being one!!! sux ass!! i mean don't get me wrong...it was really good but still. and then the people i saw the movie with didn't understand the ending....EVEN AFTER THE THIRD TIME!!! got any comments...please reply.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
it sucked.

Striel
I liked it.

vampriss_07
yeah i liked it too but it actually kinda does leave you with a cliff hanger. if ya know what i mean. they just don't explain it good enough. me and all my friends figured....if u make a copy of the tape...u live. that's all we really got. aww damn...who cares?! lol!

Lord_Andres
it was better then the shinning

vampriss_07
yeah i saw the shining. didn't like it much. not scary to me.

vampriss_07
huh....redrum...LOL!!

xblanex
I saw it recently, and Dont even remember the movie at all, like the tv part, lol must not have been that good

worldindustries
The only part the scared me was when they opened the closet and her face omg it scared the hel* outta her and when that girl came outta the tv it was awesome but the girl didn't die cuz she made a copy of the tape.

RoxiGirl39
I think that movie rocked u kno the part where rachel wathes the video and the show
u everythin my grandmother called right after that... scred my sox off

Pirate_Girly
The Movie was pretty cool. wasnt scary..only one thing got me and that was when I saw that image of whatever her name is in the closet..that freakd me out..but the movie wasnt scary.

Evil Dead
The movie was mediocre at best.......even for the new teen horror flicks. The Ring is no better than I know what you did Last Summer or Urband Legend.

RoxiGirl39
I thought that the movie was awesome... i wasn't scared when i watched it but a week
after i watched it I got a really bad nosebleed (i swear... within and hour of the time too
did something like that happen 2 any1 else or just me

~Roxanne
*PM me!!
(P.S. If u say the movie sucked u kno somethin? U SUCK

BackFire
RoxiGirl, knock of stupid comments like that, I thought the movie sucked, and you know what? IT DID

darkweaver
I'm a little distraught that Verbinski will not be directing The Ring 2, instead going to a director known for a "Got Milk" commercial. Hopefully, it's done right.

xblanex
theres no way it could be made right, the original sucked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.