What Video Game Will Become A Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Teniel Djo
In my opinion Super Mario Bros was just not right. Tomb Raider had no plot. And Final Fantasy could not do justice to the beauty of the games. I get more excited over Final Fantasy commercials than I did over that movie!

I ask this because I love the Legend of Zelda and think it would be a great movie. But I can't think of a director who's ever sucsessfully pulled off the video game genre on the big screen. sad

Dim
Hi Teniel!

Yeah I know what you mean..I can't see why they can't make it work..Maybe it's because people already know too much about the idea and have ideas of how it should look and flow so nothing a director is going to do will be right.

mah
video games has very limited stories, no matter how good they seem in the game. so when they keep the films true to the game, they also end up without much brains.

Ushgarak
Mortal Kombat is the best film of a game.

Make of that what you will. It certainly makes ME suicidal.

yerssot
The first one or the second one?

Kiwi Leia
Pacman the movie would be sooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Ok, the first Mortal Kombat film is undoutedly cruddy. But it at least made me laugh (well, Chris Lambert did), and half some half-decent fans.

The sequel didn't even satisfy the hardcore game fans, and THAT is saying something!

phinney6
I liked both MC movies

Ushgarak
But Chris Lambert wasn't in it!

ToMacco
To answer the thread title: No

Thomas H
Tomb Rider was good entertainment!
Not the best movie ever but It was ok!

Teniel Djo
Thomas, I'm guessing you're a guy. And, forgive the presumption, but I think you might like Tomb Raider because of certain *ahem* attributues of the actress and a particularly long bath scene. Intermixed with plenty of robots and violence. None of these did anything for me as I am a girl. As for the Mortal Kombat movies I've never seen them so I have no opinion.

And it's good to see you Dim! I agree that we all go in with preconceptions but that goes for books even more and I thought Lord of the Rings was great! It doesn't make since. All they'd have to do with a video game is come up with a good story of their own and stick with a few basic concepts. Well...maybe the good story part's asking too much. I'm gonna need to learn to write screen plays. :P

ToMacco
She takes a bath in Tomb Raider? eek! smile I gotta rent that one!

By the way, Calvin and Hobbes is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teniel Djo
Hee, hee, thanks, ToMacco.

Spidey-Man
Has a video game ever been made into a good movie?
I don't know, has it?

Thomas H
How did you know! evil face
well, Angelina looked reely good in that movie....lucky billy bob evil face
Anyway, that bath scene is very nice! eek!

Teniel Djo
How did I know? I see into peoples complicated minds. wink

Thomas H
laughing out loud

ElmStreetFan01
What Video Game do you think will become a movie?

Raz
Grand Theft Auto would be a laugh

ObieTrice 26
i know that there is upposed 2 be a Doom movie in the making

KidRock
there cant be a red faction 2 without a red faction 1 lol

Mafia Girl
I think it would be nice to see Halo as a movie...i really liked the game smile

Kes
Lara Croft shouldn't be there seeing that Lara Croft has already been made into movies. How about Devil May Cry?

Baylin
I'm a die hard (well die easy actually!) Unreal fan and think that or the Tournaments would make good movies

Celsius
i think that the Metal Gear series would make exellent films. smile

Rogue Jedi
devil may cry. casper van dien, from starship troopers, would be a great dante. they are making a tekken movie in japan, at least thats what a friend told me. it will have jackie chan as lei wu long. metal gear solid. i can see billy zane as solid snake.maybe russell crowe, but i doubt he would agree to star in it. onimusha. bloodrayne. angie everhart as rayne, SCHWING!!!!!!!

badkittykitty
the legend of Zelda would be neat,metal gear totally!

12freddyscommin
pirate What about Capcom Vs Marvel Movie? What the f**k? Akuma Vs The Hulk?

12freddyscommin
pirate What about Capcom Vs Marvel Movie? What the f**k? Akuma Vs The Hulk? evil face evil face

Celsius
i still think metal gear. although zelda would also make a good film. i think any goor RPG if approached right would make a good film.

Godshinto
Dragon Ball Z would make a great movie. OH wait it's already in production

Kes
I thoght Dragon ball z was cartoons. Then they made a game about them and now the moviesmile

LanceWindu
I think GTA: VC would be great.

BABOON
MY TOP 10 CHOICES
1.Metal Gear Solid
2.Castlevania
3.Legend Of Zelda
4.Donkey Kong Country
5.Grand Theft Auto
6.Halo
7.A Final Fantasy movie based on one of the games.preferably 7 or 8( I hated the spirits within)
8.Perfect Dark
9.A GOOD Super Mario Bros. Movie
10.Contra

-=Urot=-
I want to see the Castlevania series put on the big screen.

SlavetotheMedia
I personally think that they should make a silent hill movie. It would really anger an audience though because in order to keep up with the tone of Silent Hill the ending would probably be depressing. Jacob's Ladder anyone?

-SlavetotheMedia

Another_Smithy
I heard a Kingdom Hearts movie is in production, aswell as Devil May Cry...

Gta movie would be impossible to do, it would'nt capture the beauty of GTA...the beauty was that there was'nt a much of a story, but it was the freedom to do things of your choice...also VC sucked!

Thomas H
probably tomb raider!

Skytraveller
Max Payne i hope but i want to see Halo as an movie it would be great, can you think how good they can make the movie.. But probely the will **** it upp like they always do just look at the HULK

Neo_Version 7
How about Hitman? That would be cool. Half-Life would be cool too. But it shouldn't star Gordan Freeman in my opinion.

Skytraveller
Half life the movie that would be great..

DemonicGambit
I would definitly love to see GTA 3, I don't now about Vice City. The game was too bright for me. But that's my opinion, and how about a movie based on the Baulder's Gate games?

I wanna see a sword set on fire!! Take THAT you crazed zombies!!! Bwahahaha!!

......opps, thinking out load there. Sorry....

Lt.Columbo
Metal Gear Solid would make an ACE movie!

CaptainTrips
they have GOT to make Half-Life into a movie..

blackicedragoon
Grand Theft Auto would be hillarious. but most of all i think devil may cry would be a hit!!! it would be sweeettt!!!

green33
your choices suck, none of them shopuld be films

wicker_man
Bloodrayne
Halo
Shinobi
Baldurs Gate
SWAT 3
No One Lives Forever
and Raven Shield

GISKA
I THINK THAT WARCRAFT COULD BE A VERY GOD MOVIE,MAYBE BETTER THAN LORD OF THE RINGS.

My name is Neo
metal gear and cs

Rogue Jedi
DEVIL MAY CRY!!!!!

hrh_jennifer
Anybody played broken Sword? I reckon that would make a good movie!

CaptainTrips
green would obviously astute and high brow go from the pc/home platform to the big screen like errrmmm....tetris..or maybe ummmm..roller coaster tycoon!
half life would rock as a movie with maybe ben affleck or quentin tarentino in the gordan freeman role!

SaTsuJiN
These are all pretty bad choices hehe. Since angel of darkness was such a horrible game, I think a movie could do it far better justice. Like after the third tomb raider movie (if there is one) that they can use the story for AoD.

Max payne would be the second choice since it basically follows a movie like script and cinematic style.

outside of the choices, I would like to see these made into a movie :
Metal Gear Solid
Legend of Zelda
WarCraft & Diablo
Final Fantasy (based on FFX preferably....8 was so disgusting)
SouKaiGi (developed by Yukes, published by Square)
Capcom vs SNK movie? that'd rock
Half Life (confirmed) I'd rather charlie sheen play gordon though
Silent Hill
Ico
Abes Oddessy 'Oddworld' Series
Twisted Metal (Definately Excluding 3 and 4 EW!!)
Chaos Legion
Soul Calibur
Doom
and probly Duke Nukem.. his humor is always appreciated big grin

Guy_in_the_back
whoa, slow down on all the xbox and PS2 games. shout out to baboon for throwing some good games on the table. how bout some old school NES games? They need to make a Metroid (the lovely Samus) or Zelda movie.

wicker_man
What about Streets of Rage or Golden Axe as a movie ?

Guy_in_the_back
golden axe? ahh, nice choice. Streets of Rage, not so sure. How bout tetris? That's sounds like an oscar winner to me... sigh

wicker_man
Ecco The Dolphin? lol smile

lukeyduckey
I would must like to see Final Fantasy 7. That was the best one and for the roles (i might get the names wrong for the characters)
Cloud--- Orlando Bloom or me (i need a film)
Tifa---- Lucy Lui (change nationality)
Barret--- Denzel Washinton or Will Smith (depends director aim)
Aires-- Keira Knightly
Red 13-- Voiced by Bruce Wills
Cid-- Matt Damon

I pay to see that

Guy_in_the_back
you know, even that has potential. river city ransom, sonic the hedgehog, f-zero, splatter house, smash brothers; i've even go watch duck hunt.

wicker_man
Super Metroid,Super Frog,Earth Worm Jim,Vallhala (sp) 2 Before the war & Paperboy, Other cool choices.

Guy_in_the_back
paper boy??? how could I forget?
and earth worm jim, bound to be hit
any movie with fred savage, i'd throw a fit
the wizard... sad, sad flick

wicker_man
What bout a CGI version of Super Putty?

Guy_in_the_back
okay, okay, we got plenty of video games that should be movies. How about movies/tv shows that should be video games? I'm thinking a fresh approach to classics like Beverly Hills 90210, the Cosby show, or possibly even family matters would make excellent video games.

wicker_man
Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Online RPG....sweet
The Simpsons - Massive Online RPG
Stargate SG:1 - FPS
Red Dwarf - TPS
Angel - TPS

VengeanceGOD
Mortal Kombat. Duh. The acting, plot and fights are too cool for it not to win. (Although I've never seen Resident Evil, and there is one strike against it in that the sequel SUCKED SO GOD DAMN MUCH.) But just in case you have some other (wrong) opinons, I'll make a poll. wink

EOWYN3
I thought Tomb Raider was okay. What about Street Fighter? laughing

Kes
You forgot Tomb Raider and Street fighter (probably others).
I like Tomb Raider, sorry I'm a huge Angelina Jolie fan.
I'm not familiar with Resident evil game but I think the movie has nothing to do with it blink just the name and zombies.
Also enjoyed it.
I like 1st Mortal kombat movie.
Mario is awful.

slinger
Hey, I loved Mario. no

cleothemuse
Now, if you list Tomb Raider, I'll change my vote from "NONE"
Street Fighter would have been much better with someone other than Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Scrappy Doo
Im going to say Street Fighter, it was definitly a horrible conversion, but it was so bad that it was entertaining.

vvvrulz
Resident Evil was pretty good. Liked mortal kombat also (only the first).
Mortal Kombat 2 and Streetfighter were hideous.

Evil Dead
Let's not forget Double Dragon...........

Spy Hunter is coming out sometime next year isn't it?
That ought to be good.

Discos
Oi there was nothing wrong weith the super mario brothers movie, I found it quite enjoyable but some stuff I just hated like the law in the other world.

Evil Dead
The Mario Bros. movie was fun to watch......but let's be honest, it was quite ridiculous. They changed the entire story around concerning the mushroom kingdom...........the whole "devo" gun and everthing. Why couldn't they have just had a guy in a dinosaur suit playing Koopa?

Bad casting aswell.......you have a Puerto Rican (Leguizamo) and an Englishman (Hoskins) playing Italian BROTHERS........holy hell......that is one diverse family tree. The producer of the film had to sell his soul to Satan to get the likes of Hopper to act in this film.

mindbugaling
naked melah......resident evil.

cgtuna21
Halo is the greatest game ever. The action is brilliant and the story is fantastic. Although its not a movie, its still the best game. Lord of the Rings games are the best games of the book and the movie. It has very cool action scenes. Just a great game!!!!

EOWYN3
TRON

movie_freak
None of them are good.

zinh
Resident Evil was alright, but I wished they would have just stuck with the original story and not like make it a prequel to the game or whatever.

Tomb Raider was cool. Liked Jolie as Croft, but they tried to hard or something and ended up over doing her character. Number 2 was boring and I was so hoping she would open Pandora's box and destroyed the world. Would have been cool CG at least and made it less boring. I had to start this movie over like 4 times because I was bored and decided to talk with my wife and got side tracked.

buffymitch
Why apoligize KEs if you like it you like it. I liked it too. Also loved Resident evil. Mortal Kombat was okay but mario was the worst. Street fighter was good but they wanted to put too many character in one movie. That sucked. Zinh i'm glad she didn't do that because it would seriously mess up lara's character.

VengeanceGOD
Halo suffers from one major problem, keeping it from being a very very good game. (And not the Best Game Ever, that title belongs to Final Fantasy VI.) That problem? It's on an Xbox. Xbox sucks.

fini
mortal kombat was OK..............they massacred Mario brothers...........and i love that game so damn much

cgtuna21
xbox does not suck. xbox was voted #1, even beating ps2 so i would think about that twice again vengeancegod.

Kes
Please lets not discuss which consule (sp) is the best here.

VengeanceGOD
Ok, we won't discuss how much Xbox sucks here.

Outsider4life
Okay guys...Im new and you might hate me for this but i have been playing games all my life...cgtuna21 you may be right xbox WAS WAS WAS rated a good console BUT the sales prove other wise as PS2 is still going strong but if you look Gamecube is leading the american market and is beating the xbox by several hundred percent and in Japan the number one and 2 consoles are the GBA and the Gamecube the only reason whythe xbox isnt doing good is that even though it has the biggest and most powerfull processor and has the net and harddrive it doesnt have enough big games...in terms of games the little poll at the start of this was funny but stupid the Mortal Kombat series was good but it was a fighting game series...if you look at that why not look at the Dead Or Alive series or the Marvel/Capcom series or the Mario Kart series (brilliant) Over the years In my small life thus far i definatly believe that Either Super Mario 64 or Zelda Ocarina of Time are the best both hard, fun, long playing time, puzzles and EVERY single review had high ratings....once again its only my opinion BUT i do like Mortal kombat as Lui Kang rocked I also liked the resident evil, Mario Kart and Final Fantasy series but i also think that Secret of Mana and the Chrono Trigger games rocked.......................thats all just my opinion!!!

Kes
Outsider> Are you talking about the games?
If so dont do it here. There's a forum for video games. This is about the movies that were originally games.

BackFire
the first Mortal Kombat.

zinh
yeah but I might have woken up stick out tongue

Bad Boy
You know what, I'm now a film maker at the International Film School of Wales and the film that got me interested in films........... Super Mario Bros.... when I was 9 years old! It introduced me to the amazing John Leguizamo!

Myth
Note to self: Don't ever watch a movie made by Bad Boy.

Kes
laughing

Bad Boy
I'm an artist!

SaTsuJiN
ew inspired by the mario movie?

anyways, mortal kombat baby!!
anyone who votes otherwise is a bum!

Mortal Kombat was best video game movie hands down. Music, fights, costumes... woot! Finish Him! (or her..... O_e)

Test, your might!

Cinemaddiction
Bump and moved to the new forum!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.