George Lucas as a director

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainTrips
Ok,

This may make me a few enemies but I don't care. I'm thouroughly disgusted with George Lucas' lame attempts at directing. Sure, Lucasfilms has produced some stunning special effects. Yoda's lightsaber battle with Count Duku was awesome. The seismic charges from Janga Fett's ship were mind blowing. The acting however simply comes across like cardboard. None of the characters have any depth. They are all stiff and delve far too deep into their primary purpose in the films if you will. Padme is too righteous..Obi-Wan is too overbearing..and Anakin just whines about everything. *YAWN* This is a sad disgrace. I love Star Wars don't get me wrong. I was a mere 5 years old when the first Star Wars film was released and I have been hooked ever since. Growing up though, I started looking beyond the cool ships and weapons and noticed that the actors actually had feeling. Harrison Ford is irreplaceable...I'm not alone feeling Luke's pain when Master Yoda went to that great Jedi Retirement resort in the sky..and yes, I actually cried when Darth Vader died. I laughed hysterically however when Qui-Gon died..I think Samuel Jackson comes off far better as an angry black man than a mild mannered bad ass weilding a lightsaber..my God, he looks like he's fighting through Christmas crowds to get to the last Malibu Barbie in Attack of the Clones. I'm left to wonder why George Lucas would risk sabatoging his prodigy by forsaking credible story telling to focus on mind bending special effects. Sorry George but Titanic made a far better and more convincing virtual environment than Corusant and I'm afraid that Neo and Trinity could stomp the living Gundar crap out of any one of your Jedi. So folks, wether you agree with me or disagree with me let me know. Lucas has one last chance to redeem himself to the market it really matters to. Those of us who were there to see the birth of the Star Wars universe as kids and now make the money to buy the tickets and the toys for their own. Ultimately, I decide wether my son sees the film or gets the toy and if he doesn't do any better than this then I'm going to put the SW universe in the file marked Garbage and banish it from memory! mad
Trips..

Tex
I couldn't agree more.
I absolutely hate the new films.
Whatever Lucas had 20 years ago he's lost.

This new trilogy is horrendous eye candy!thumb down

BackFire349
he's average at best, always has been.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.